Lawmakers not super worried about the national debt since they will die in the next few years anyway.

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Senators Say They're Not Super Worried About Running Up National Debt As Most Of Them Will Die Of Natural Causes In The Next Year Or So
POLITICS·Feb 8, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

WASHINGTON, D.C. — As questions continue to mount regarding the lack of fiscal responsibility exercised by lawmakers, U.S. Senators said they are not super worried about running up the national debt since most of them will die of natural causes in the next year or so.
"Yeah, we're not too concerned about it," said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. "If any of us were in any position to be alive when it comes time to pay the piper, we might do things a bit differently. As things stand now, most of us have one foot in the grave already, so we're just going to keep tossing away the country's future. By the time things get really bad, we'll be out of here."
When asked about Congress's ongoing willingness to funnel hundreds of billions of dollars to other countries while the national debt continues to climb to an astronomical level, legislators expressed no concern about the country's financial future, citing the unlikelihood of any of them still being alive when the economy completely collapses under the weight of its crushing debt.

McConnell's colleagues of advanced age seconded his assessment. "Why should we be worried about the future?" asked 90-year-old Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley. "The future? Are you kidding me? I'll be lucky to make it to dinner tonight."
At publishing time, senators refused to comment further on the national debt crisis as they all rushed off to a meeting to plan a $480 million 81st birthday party for Idaho Senator Jim Risch.

That is true for all of the Marixist Maggot posters on this site (USMB). They have so damaged their own lives (and any relatives lives) thru bad choices and general stupidity, they hope to burn it all down before they are 6' under. The old..."if I can't have it no one can" mentality. They are truly Anarchist POS.

And WHY am I still hearing of and seeing Menedez? I thought he was kicked out and prosecuted for taking tens of millions in Bribes? Including Gold bars. After his trips to the Domincan demanding "fresh and young" poor desperate hookers. He is the prototype DEMwitted Political hack that the filth on this board salivate to have more and more of.

Based on Babylon Bee link supporting OP, Moved to Political Satire.

I'm convinced the reason has nothing to do with death, but rather because giving away money that's not there is the best means to reap real dough from deep-pocketed special interests.

And WHY am I still hearing of and seeing Menedez? I thought he was kicked out and prosecuted for taking tens of millions in Bribes? Including Gold bars. After his trips to the Domincan demanding "fresh and young" poor desperate hookers. He is the prototype DEMwitted Political hack that the filth on this board salivate to have more and more of.
Once a person losses quality morality that person then becomes a broken link within the societal chain.

There was a time when the American public cared about debts and deficits, and therefore the politicians did too. But apparently not so much anymore, and eventually the consequences will catch up with us. Mostly the future generations that will not look kindly on their predecessors.

Forum List

Back