I called the Episcopalian pastor again, we will have a conversation tomorrow night

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I don't know what I expect to get from this guy, he's already told me he personally believes in transubstantiation, but doesn't care if his flock believes in transubstantiation.

How can a pastor be so indifferent to his job, which is to convince his flock of the truth of the Gospels that the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ?

What can I gain from a denomination that employs such a pastor to lead a parish?

The only reason I'm considering this change is because if I got married again I would be barred from the Eucharist by the Catholic Church.

But what's the point of taking Eucharist at a Church where even the pastor doesn't care if you believe in what the Eucharist really is?

Also, it would be like going from eating real food to eating sawdust because according to the Catholic Church, the Episcopalian Eucharist is no longer valid since they ordain women as bishops, thus breaking Apostolic Succession.

So, really why am I bothering to talk to this Episcopalian pastor?

Never got this obsession with only males being allowe to teach; the early church had many women as heads and evangelists. Nothing in the New Testament bans them from church office or teaching.

mammon.jpg

~S~

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
You don't want to give up that sacrament and are looking for a loophole. I thought you said you are divorced. If so, you shouldn't be receiving the Eucharist now whether or not you remarry is irrelevant.

Here's a thought. Remember that you've received Jesus before. Accept that you cannot receive him again but know that He is still in you. A prayer:
My Jesus, I believe that You are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I long for You in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.

I don't know what I expect to get from this guy, he's already told me he personally believes in transubstantiation, but doesn't care if his flock believes in transubstantiation.

How can a pastor be so indifferent to his job, which is to convince his flock of the truth of the Gospels that the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ?

What can I gain from a denomination that employs such a pastor to lead a parish?

The only reason I'm considering this change is because if I got married again I would be barred from the Eucharist by the Catholic Church.

But what's the point of taking Eucharist at a Church where even the pastor doesn't care if you believe in what the Eucharist really is?

Also, it would be like going from eating real food to eating sawdust because according to the Catholic Church, the Episcopalian Eucharist is no longer valid since they ordain women as bishops, thus breaking Apostolic Succession.

Why are you bothering to talk to him? He's an Episcopalian, not a Catholic. Non-Catholics are not obligated to follow Catholic teachings. If you are so concerned about Catholic dogma, follow Catholic rules and get an annulment under Canon Law. The following is from the U.S. Council of Catholic Bishops:

Annulment

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Radical Episcopalianism just seems so radical to me.

I have nothing against Episcopalianites, but the entire idea of Gay Marriage is strange and anti-scriptural to me. Personally, I believe that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden, not Adam and Steve, and that's a non-negotiable.

I think if you want to leave the RCC, you should look into the Southern Baptists which is more tolerant of mainstream , normative beliefs.

I have nothing against Episcopalianites, but the entire idea of Gay Marriage is strange and anti-scriptural to me. Personally, I believe that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden, not Adam and Steve, and that's a non-negotiable.

I think if you want to leave the RCC, you should look into the Southern Baptists which is more tolerant of mainstream , normative beliefs.
They are not "Episcopalianites". They are a decent group of people. On the other hand, the southern baptists are among the worst bunch of absolute nuts. I think that they were invented to make the Catholics look good.

They are not "Episcopalianites". They are a decent group of people. On the other hand, the southern baptists are among the worst bunch of absolute nuts. I think that they were invented to make the Catholics look good.

Al Gore and Bill Clinton are both Southern Baptists you should know.

i didn't say the Episcopalianites aren't decent, just that they are radicals.

I’d rather go to a Wicken service than an Episcopal church. At least they are honest in who they worship.

roup
Al Gore and Bill Clinton are both Southern Baptists you should know

i didn't say the Episcopalianites aren't decent, just that they are radicals.

The Carters quit the southern baptists years ago.
President Jimmy Carter Leaves Southern Baptist Convention

I don't know exactly what Gore's position is. I know that American Baptists and Southern Baptists are different from each other.

The Episcopalians are not "radical," as you call it. That is a ridiculous statement. Is everyone who comes to a different conclusion than you do a "radical"? They don't do anything as part of society that interferes with the lives of people inside or outside of their faith. The southern baptists insult others, attack others, and seek to impose their dogma on others outside of their narrow group.

Most black churches are Baptists or deriviative thereof, and it was Baptists who first advocated seperation of church and state, making their insipid Baptist bashing reek of irony. The hatred of faggots and thier deviant fans is always going to be congnitively dissonant of course, since they're mentally ill.

lol at the silliniess of claiming Baptists are 'a narroe group'; they're one of the most liberal sects out there, they only have about three platforms, and the rest is up to indiviudals to argue as they wish. They're a Convention, not an organized religion. Not that dumbasses can make such distinctions, but some out there in the Peanut Gallery can..

Most black churches are Baptists or deriviative thereof, and it was Baptists who first advocated seperation of church and state, making their insipid Baptist bashing reek of irony. The hatred of faggots and thier deviant fans is always going to be congnitively dissonant of course, since they're mentally ill.

lol at the silliniess of claiming Baptists are 'a narroe group'; they're one of the most liberal sects out there, they only have about three platforms, and the rest is up to indiviudals to argue as they wish. They're a Convention, not an organized religion. Not that dumbasses can make such distinctions, but some out there in the Peanut Gallery can..

But the Baptists are divided into at least two denominations, possibly more. What I said was that SOUTHERN Baptists are a narrow group whose members seem to think that they are the only game in town and that even those outside of their group, Christian and non-Christian alike, are obligated to follow their particular brand of Baptist. This is why there must be some terminology that would allow us all to tell these various religious groups apart.

Not all Christians and non-Christians disrespect LGBTs (many of whom are Christian themselves) the way you do or Westboro Baptist does, for instance. I doubt that Rev. Al Sharpton, who is a Baptist, would speak as you do.

BTW: I have voted for three Southern Baptist candidates, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Al Gore who apparently also resigned from the SBC:
Al Gore’s Religion and Political Views But this was all before the lunatics showed up from the SBC and started mouthing off.

It sounds as if you're expecting non-Catholics to be Catholic.

Why would you expect that? Does that seem fair to you?

It's like the Episcopalians have built their house on sand. Even their pastor is relativist.

It's like the Episcopalians have built their house on sand. Even their pastor is relativist.

I can take you word for this as you spoke to them not me, but the Episcopalianists always seemed pretty solid to me, with their firm beliefs in abortion and Gay Marriage.

Forum List

Back