Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes sir.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Please study for this test on the Book of Leviticus. Read the book one, two, three, four times or even more.

I will either post it here tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning.

Consider the types of sacrifices, the offering required for that sacrifice and the purpose of that sacrifice. Also consider the way Leviticus covers the disease of leprosy. Be able to identify clean and unclean animals. Consider crimes that require the death penalty and pay close attention to the methods of administering the death penalty. Know the names Nadab and Abihu. There are eternal statutes that are to be forever. Pay close attention to anything referencing eternal or the word forever. Consider what types of people were forbidden from entering the temple.

Study hard and I will issue the test as soon as it is convenient. I am currently at a teacher's convention in Myrtle Beach. I have no access to my classroom where the test exists. Good luck. I hope you all make 100% on my test.

Why? Are we Levites?

Let's review John instead. It is more pertinent...

Maybe in April. The course I teach lightly covers all 66 books. It will be a while until I get to John.

Why do you downplay Leviticus? There is no commandment in scripture that obligates us to ignore Leviticus.

Why? Are we Levites?

Let's review John instead. It is more pertinent...

Maybe in April. The course I teach lightly covers all 66 books. It will be a while until I get to John.

Why do you downplay Leviticus? There is no commandment in scripture that obligates us to ignore Leviticus.

Isn't there?
Liviticus is the Old Testament and aren't Christians supposed to switch over to only the New Testament?

{...
The Book of Leviticus (/lɪˈvɪtɪkəs/) is the third book of the Torah and of the Old Testament; scholars generally agree that it developed over a long period of time, reaching its present form during the Persian Period between 538-332 BCE.

Most of its chapters (1–7, 11–27) consist of God's speeches to Moses, which God commands Moses to repeat to the Israelites. This takes place within the story of the Israelites' Exodus after they escaped Egypt and reached Mt. Sinai (Exodus 19:1). The Book of Exodus narrates how Moses led the Israelites in building the Tabernacle (Exodus 35–40) with God's instructions (Exodus 25–31). Then in Leviticus, God tells the Israelites and their priests how to make offerings in the Tabernacle and how to conduct themselves while camped around the holy tent sanctuary. Leviticus takes place during the month or month-and-a-half between the completion of the Tabernacle (Exodus 40:17) and the Israelites' departure from Sinai (Numbers 1:1, 10:11).

The instructions of Leviticus emphasize ritual, legal and moral practices rather than beliefs. Nevertheless, they reflect the world view of the creation story in Genesis 1 that God wishes to live with humans. The book teaches that faithful performance of the sanctuary rituals can make that possible, so long as the people avoid sin and impurity whenever possible. The rituals, especially the sin and guilt offerings, provide the means to gain forgiveness for sins (Leviticus 4–5) and purification from impurities (Leviticus 11–16) so that God can continue to live in the Tabernacle in the midst of the people.
...}

aren't Christians supposed to switch over to only the New Testament?

Not to which I am aware. If so, publishers didn't get the memo. Bibles still contain both Old and New Testaments. The Gideons do hand out New Testaments but for the most part both testaments are present.

I will agree that the apocrypha is obsolete but the Old Testament is still alive in Christianity. Christ said not one tittle or iota of the law would be lost.

Not to which I am aware. If so, publishers didn't get the memo. Bibles still contain both Old and New Testaments. The Gideons do hand out New Testaments but for the most part both testaments are present.

I will agree that the apocrypha is obsolete but the Old Testament is still alive in Christianity. Christ said not one tittle or iota of the law would be lost.
Sure, but you seem to only want to focus on the sections you think proves it doesn’t make sense to you.

Start with the sections that do make sense to you and you might be able to work through the sections that don’t make sense to you.

Unless of course you aren’t trying to gain understanding.

It would appear he was wrong.

But when there are direct conflicts between the Old and New Testaments, such as stoning adulterers vs judging not, then one must go with the New Testament.
Surely you must agree that the Medieval use of the Old Testament to burn witches, was wrong and pure evil.

But when there are direct conflicts between the Old and New Testaments, such as stoning adulterers vs judging not, then one must go with the New Testament.
Surely you must agree that the Medieval use of the Old Testament to burn witches, was wrong and pure evil.

You don't have to burn them or stone them all. You only have to do one or two a year.

Please study for this test on the Book of Leviticus. Read the book one, two, three, four times or even more.

Consider the types of sacrifices, the offering required for that sacrifice and the purpose of that sacrifice. Also consider the way Leviticus covers the disease of leprosy. Be able to identify clean and unclean animals. Consider crimes that require the death penalty and pay close attention to the methods of administering the death penalty. Know the names Nadab and Abihu. There are eternal statutes that are to be forever. Pay close attention to anything referencing eternal or the word forever. Consider what types of people were forbidden from entering the temple.

Study hard and I will issue the test as soon as it is convenient. I am currently at a teacher's convention in Myrtle Beach. I have no access to my classroom where the test exists. Good luck. I hope you all make 100% on my test.

leviticus...............OT.....

how come when I quote an OT passage from the bible conservative christians insist that they don't use the OT anymore.....yet they quote it all the time?

what good is studying the OT when it no longer applies?

how come when I quote an OT passage from the bible conservative christians insist that they don't use the OT anymore.....yet they quote it all the time?

If you do not study then you are likely to fail the test on Monday.

Just stone one or two adulterers per year. The witches can probably be burned once every three years. That should be sufficient to get the point accross. Laws just maintain order. It isn't about massive killing sprees for fun.

If you do not study then you are likely to fail the test on Monday.

nope.

I will pass it.

I have already passed it.

Why would people on a political message board volunteer to take a test that was written by a Christian, covering a book of the Old Testament that is specific to Jewish priests?

Why would people on a political message board volunteer to take a test that was written by a Christian, covering a book of the Old Testament that is specific to Jewish priests?

They may not. The test isn't until Monday.

My next question is, what makes you qualified as a Christian, to give a test on a Jewish book that is intended for Jewish priests?

They may not. The test isn't until Monday.

My next question is, what makes you qualified as a Christian, to give a test on a Jewish book that is intended for Jewish priests?

What qualifications do you require? I probably don't have the credentials you require therefore you may not want to take the test. Don't worry. It isn't for a grade or for any certification or anything.

I am posting a list of questions. I guess the first amendment of the United States and the rules of this forum qualify me. What were you thinking the qualifications should be for people to ask trivia questions about Leviticus?

This thread is specifically about Leviticus. Do not derail my thread. Start your own.
The motivation of the OP is 100% fair game.

You’re on a mission.

Please leave this thread. This thread is about Leviticus. This thread is not about my motivation or my mission.

Start a thread titled, "Vasuderatorrent's Mission" if that is what you want to discuss.

This thread is about Leviticus not your delusional fantasies. Share those elsewhere.
This thread is about you trying to subordinate Christianity, friend.

Do you think I need to wait for your test to see that?

Nope. Sorry. It is about Leviticus.
Or don’t you remember your comment you made to me that the beliefs you expressed in the other thread weren’t the beliefs you taught when you allegedly taught religion classes?

So is this the test you gave in your religion classes?

If not, how is your motive here any different than your motive in the other thread which was to subordinate Christianity?

Yes. This is the one I gave to 6th grade Bible students.

Forum List

Back