I bought a Catholic Bible in Black Leather suitcase

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Tramps and Thieves, A Real Gypsy Pay-off
100 $, really expensive but I always need it, and it is the one which is needed for my course, the one they suggested as literature

DieBibel.jpg

Reminds me of the Zen story about the woman who had a gold plated statue of Buddha.

" Years ago, my mother gave me a bullet...a bullet, and I put it in my breast pocket. Two years after that, I was walking down the street, when a berserk evangelist heaved a Gideon bible out a hotel room window, hitting me in the chest. Bible would have gone through my heart if it wasn't for the bullet "

-- Woody Allen

This is very symbolic of the Roman church; opulence substituting for substance.

..it's just a bunch of fairy tales
Myths are not fairytales. The stories in the Bible are all totally human, psychological and informative, if taken the right way. Otherwise, they are much worse than fairytales.

100 $, really expensive but I always need it, and it is the one which is needed for my course, the one they suggested as literature

.View attachment 455699
is that a Douay-Rheims Bible?
* About This Douay-Rheims Bible Online (drbo.org)
Probably not because it is not English it says einheitsübersetzung that means unified translation because it is approved by the bishops of Germany and Austria the catholic bishops of Germany and austria I guess it is here in austria and Germany but it is not English

.View attachment 455699
and it is the one which is needed for my course, the one they suggested as literature
this is as far as I was willing to read in regards to its known history the 4th century christian bible - after which will read no further in a composite setting.
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

have attempted over time to read passages but they as the above on every page are obvious forgeries or fallacies and surly abandons the religion of antiquity the 1st century was meant to represent.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Seems like a lot to pay for a book that is (1) online, (2) in the public domain and (3) a title that groups like Gideon International are anxious to give away for free.

Seems like a lot to pay for a book that is (1) online, (2) in the public domain and (3) a title that groups like Gideon International are anxious to give away for free.

The Gideon bibles are not study bibles; they don't have the footnotes and cross references and maps and translation explanations other features that make study bibles a better buy.

I've owned several different bible versions, but I;m happiest with the Zondervan NKJV Faithlife Illustrated as my main source, another NKJV study bible in chronological order, harder to read but a nice complement to the Zondervan, and a Ryrie study bible based on the NIV, a less literal translation but still useful for its references, and of course two extensive Concordances, one with the translations in four languages, Hebrew, Aramaic., Latin, and English.

With all the material out there, you should make use of it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back