Huckabee rips critics of 'libido' comment...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"“I'm always flattered when people on the far left manufacture a new version of being ‘offended,’” Huckabee told me. “They can be quite creative in finding something that hurts their feelings.”

" “If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it

"He added: "Our party stands for the recognition of the equality of women and the capacity of women. That’s not a war on them, it’s a war for them.”

"NBC’s Kasie Hunt and CNN’s Dana Bash, who “erroneously tweeted” his remarks “to mean the polar opposite” and had to correct the tweets “because they so totally blew it…and now it’s a scandal?”

"On Twitter, Hunt and Bash both presented the comments about “Uncle Sugar” and “libido” as Huckabee’s view. About half an hour later, Hunt wrote: “To be clear: Huck says DEMS believe ‘helpless without Uncle Sugar”…”

"Bash wrote, “2b clear [MENTION=11459]Mike[/MENTION]Huckabee said DEMS insult women…”

They had to admit they deliberately misrepresented his statement.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

"...Dems have put a laser like focus on government funded birth control and given it more attention than cancer drugs.”

Huckabee rips critics of ?libido? comments | Fox News

"“I'm always flattered when people on the far left manufacture a new version of being ‘offended,’” Huckabee told me. “They can be quite creative in finding something that hurts their feelings.”

" “If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it

"He added: "Our party stands for the recognition of the equality of women and the capacity of women. That’s not a war on them, it’s a war for them.”

"NBC’s Kasie Hunt and CNN’s Dana Bash, who “erroneously tweeted” his remarks “to mean the polar opposite” and had to correct the tweets “because they so totally blew it…and now it’s a scandal?”

"On Twitter, Hunt and Bash both presented the comments about “Uncle Sugar” and “libido” as Huckabee’s view. About half an hour later, Hunt wrote: “To be clear: Huck says DEMS believe ‘helpless without Uncle Sugar”…”

"Bash wrote, “2b clear [MENTION=11459]Mike[/MENTION]Huckabee said DEMS insult women…”

"...Dems have put a laser like focus on government funded birth control and given it more attention than cancer drugs.”

They're offended.....yet the most popular Democrat is a rapist.

What irony.

Again the pretense by the woman-hating lefties that what was said was something other than what was said.

Nobody said there was anything wrong with birth control.

Two journalists had to clarify their statements because they misrepresented what was said.

What was said, again, is that DEMOCRATS maintain that women cannot control themselves.

And that is exactly what democrats do.

Again the pretense by the woman-hating lefties that what was said was something other than what was said.

Two journalists had to clarify their statements because they misrepresented what was said.

What was said, again, is that DEMOCRATS maintain that women cannot control themselves.

I know this is a nice try, but this is another bible thumping asshole republican trying to tell other people how to live because he hadn't seen his dick in years under that spare tire.

For the record, it isn't a matter of government providing birth control, it's a matter of birth control being a sensible part of reproductive health.

It would be nice if the politicians stopped pretending they were doctors.

They're offended.....yet the most popular Democrat is a rapist.

What irony.

Phil Robertson's a Democrat?

Republicans should buy a clue. There are many women in this country who prefer being sexually out of control. Yes they are capable of controlling themselves and not flopping their legs open on demand. They just prefer not exercising that control. They also want their sex lives subsidized by the government. The public should pay for birth control, abortions and STD treatment. It is impossible to educate these women as to the responibility they have to their bodies. It will never happen. The issue needs to be cut loose. The responsible public should be informed of how much such irresponsibility is costing and reminded of it daily.

Republicans should buy a clue. There are many women in this country who prefer being sexually out of control. Yes they are capable of controlling themselves and not flopping their legs open on demand. They just prefer not exercising that control. They also want their sex lives subsidized by the government. The public should pay for birth control, abortions and STD treatment. It is impossible to educate these women as to the responibility they have to their bodies. It will never happen. The issue needs to be cut loose. The responsible public should be informed of how much such irresponsibility is costing and reminded of it daily.

Again, we have another case of a "Freedom" loving conservative turning into a sexual Stalinist.

I'm just wondering how you "make" someone be responsible?

I also have to ask the question, do you think that a woman who is married but she and her husband can't afford kids right now because they are paying off years of student loans, should be denied birth control on "Moral" grounds?

Or do you think they should just abstain from sex for the first couple years of their marriage?

Huck did say, in part, ". . . providing for them [women] a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it.”

I wonder how many of them are Republican. I would suspect many of the evangelical and Mormon women who take birth control and vote Republican are not well pleased, whether they get it privately or publicly.

Again, we have another case of a "Freedom" loving conservative turning into a sexual Stalinist.

I also have to ask the question, do you think that a woman who is married but she and her husband can't afford kids right now because they are paying off years of student loans, should be denied birth control on "Moral" grounds?

Or do you think they should just abstain from sex for the first couple years of their marriage?

No one is denying women birth control. Access to birth control is wide spread, easily available, and inexpensive.

See, you completely missed the point. Birth Control and women's choices should have NO PLACE in a political speech. He just illustrated the hypocrisy of the GOP, after their bill to require virginal probes before an abortion in Virginia. GOOD GRIEF!

No, Democrats say they have a choice that they can make. The GOP says they should not.

No one is denying women birth control. Access to birth control is wide spread, easily available, and inexpensive.

And it should be covered under your medical plan, even if your employer is a religious nutjob.

Glad to see we are all in agreement here.

I know this is a nice try, but this is another bible thumping asshole republican trying to tell other people how to live because he hadn't seen his dick in years under that spare tire.

For the record, it isn't a matter of government providing birth control, it's a matter of birth control being a sensible part of reproductive health.

It would be nice if the politicians stopped pretending they were doctors.

Weren't you pimping the Huckster last week?

Forum List

Back