Huckabee rips critics of 'libido' comment...

Huck did say, in part, ". . . providing for them [women] a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it.”

I wonder how many of them are Republican. I would suspect many of the evangelical and Mormon women who take birth control and vote Republican are not well pleased, whether they get it privately or publicly.

Another ignorant post trying to put down women of faith! You simply cannot stop your tirades against evangelicals or Mormons. As for the latter, I don't think you will find a single female Mormon who uses birth control.

My post is an empowerment of women of faith and intellect. They are not going to put up with ignorant male dum dumbs who lecture them about their vaginas.

I would like to hear a single rightie say outright that they are against birth control being in the health care plan for purely financial reasons and not because of political or religious reasons. Anyone? Didn't think so. Fast& furious, Benghazi, IRS 'scandal', birth control, ... Righties are getting manipulate and pulled along by their nose ring and are to stupid to see the wealthy behind the curtain. Any other issues you righties feel strongly about? Gun rights, freedom, patriotism, ... See any pattern here? Wake the ____ up!!!

I realize I am getting a bit off the topic of the war on race and gender. This is central the rightie outrage all the same. You righties feel so strong and proud waving that flag in your hand. Know where those feelings originated? Why right here in the ole USA. Not only that but from the heart of America. That's right, Texas. How so? Huckabee raised 20% of his 2008 campaign money from the state of Texas, 12% from Arkansas. The top metro area was Houston, TX. For his 2012 presidential run Mitt Romney raised 10% of his money from Texas, California was first with 12%. The zip-code from which Romney got the most contributions was Houston, TX. Let's not forget everyone's favorite rightie sweetheart, Michele Bachmann. Although she is not running for reelection so far in 2014 campaign finance cycle 87% of her campaign contributions have come from out of state. Which is the top zip-code? San Antonio, TX. Houston, TX has the second most contributes by metro region, after Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN-WI. That's right righties, you're righteous indignation has been pre-chewed and spoon-fed to you right from the heart of Texas. Not bad for a state that has a median household income of $51,563 per year and 17.4% of its population is below the poverty line. Is indeed something to be proud of. Please stand by for the next topic you should have righteous indignation of...

Geographic data for Mike Huckabee | OpenSecrets
Geographic data for Mitt Romney | OpenSecrets
Michele Bachmann: Campaign Finance/Money - Geography Data - Representative 2014 | OpenSecrets
Texas QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

On a rant, might was well keep it going. Mythili Raman is the Acting Assistant Attorney General in the Department of Justice. That means she works for none other than Attorney General Eric Holder. Holder is the guy you righties have been told to hate, in case any of you righties missed that memo. (Now why would the righties be told to hate the head of the Department of Justice? hhmmm) So anyway back in April of 2013 Senator Cruz is questioning Raman on the "Constitutional protections on independent expenditures by private citizens." Cruz wants to make sure Raman protects the "Constitutional right to anonymous speech", which means unlimited campaign contributions which can not be traced. See, the people who pull the strings of the Republican party are feeling a little exposed by certain websites so Cruz is making sure he and his are not going to be interfered with by the DoJ. This then leads to the IRS getting flooded with requests for these blind mechanisms, hence the IRS "scandal". Now when I first watch the YouTube video I thought someone was trying to expose Cruz but it was Cruz himself who uploaded it. To corrupt is one thing but to corrupt and brag well now, that Republican party really knows how to party. Oh, gee, I almost forgot to mention which state Senator Cruz is from. On second thought I will just let you guess. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk8yJnWttDc]Sen. Cruz Q&A with Patricia Haynes & Mythili Raman on Campaign Finance Reform - YouTube[/ame]

This was an interesting article I came across. Related but somewhat indirectly.
How Citizens United changed politics, in 7 charts

One other point on the invisible hand of the Republican machine. (to make that easier to type I am just going to call him "Uncle Rightie", perhaps just "Rightie" ;) ) The way Rightie funds presidential candidates is very similar to the why Iran has presidential elections. Rightie allows more than one candidate to run as long as they fit into their acceptable parameters. Rightie doesn't contribute to only one candidate but if a candidate is not funded by Rightie they don't stand a chance. Also if a politician falls out of favor Rightie will not fund a reelection campaign and move on to the next. Uncle Rightie is only looking out for your best interests. You can trust Uncle Rightie.

Yes, I'll start another thread in a bit. Cruz is even more of an interesting follow then he first appears. From three days ago, "Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R) on Thursday condemned how the investigations into the Internal Revenue Service scandal are proceeding, calling it “shameful” that there are still so few answers about who was responsible, and that no one has been held accountable."

Cruz's number one campaign contributor from 2009-2014 was Club for Growth:
Club for Growth is a right-wing political group established in 1999 by Stephen Moore that endorses and raises money for candidates. According to a February 22, 2011 article by John Nichols in The Nation, the Washington D.C. based Club for Growth is "an organization funded by extremely wealthy conservatives to carry out their budget-stripping goals," and that "has been a key player in Republican Governor Scott Walker's move to take out the state's organized workers." Nichols writes that the Club for Growth is part of a "national strategy" to get "newly elected Republican governors" to destroy labor and unions.[1] R.J. Johnson, who served as a political strategist for Walker's campaign, is a key adviser to the Club for Growth.[2] Johnson has refused to disclose where the Club for Growth gets its funding.[3] The Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune in a February 26, 2011 editorial described the Club for Growth as an "ultra-rich special interest itself."[4] As of September 13th, 2012, OpenSecrets estimates that Club for Growth has spent $13 million influencing federal elections.[5]

Explains pretty well why Cruz wouldn't want any prying eyes, i.e. the American public, from seeing who's behind the patriotic slogans. Now just to repeat for all you rightie zombies, "IRS scandal!!! Constitutional rights! er... oh yeah, Obamacare!!!"

?Shameful?: Sen. Ted Cruz Condemns the State of Investigations Into IRS Scandal | TheBlaze.com
Club for Growth - SourceWatch

The GOP is not conducting a “War on Women” but a “War for Women”.

The GOP is losing the war.

55% of females voted for Obama.

President Exit Polls - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com

Obama won unmarried women - the people most likely to be affected by abortion laws - by more than 30%.

Exit polls 2012: How the vote has shifted - The Washington Post

Nearly a quarter of the voters in Tuesday's election were unmarried women – and Obama captured more than two-thirds of their votes, 67%, according to research released on Thursday by the Women's Voices Women Vote Action Fund.

Single women voted overwhelmingly in favour of Obama, researchers find | World news | The Guardian

Republicans should buy a clue. There are many women in this country who prefer being sexually out of control. Yes they are capable of controlling themselves and not flopping their legs open on demand. They just prefer not exercising that control. They also want their sex lives subsidized by the government. The public should pay for birth control, abortions and STD treatment. It is impossible to educate these women as to the responibility they have to their bodies. It will never happen. The issue needs to be cut loose. The responsible public should be informed of how much such irresponsibility is costing and reminded of it daily.

Again, we have another case of a "Freedom" loving conservative
turning into a sexual Stalinist.

I'm just wondering how you "make" someone be responsible?

I also have to ask the question, do you think that a woman who is married but she and her husband can't afford kids right now because they are paying off years of student loans, should be denied birth control on "Moral" grounds?

Or do you think they should just abstain from sex for the first couple years of their marriage?

No one is denying women birth control. Access to birth control is wide spread, easily available, and inexpensive.

He knows that but he's famous for making things up when he doesn't like the point, reality, or whatever.

We see the progressive social conservatives here wanting Big Government to ban contraception and abortion.

Well, if they win elections, they can make those changes.

Women who want public funding of their sex lives are sluts. Pimps have been known to provide bc for their whores. Whores with a decent pimp have more integrity than than the average slut.

Women, respectable married women included, want their health insurance to pay for their birth control costs. This is how it works in every civilized nation on earth.

In Canada, the Catholic Church pays for health insurance for all of its employees. Canadian health insurance provides birth control for women and abortion on demand.

Not once has the Catholic Church in Canada claimed infringement on religious freedom because the insurance provided pays for birth control or abortions.

This whole line of argument by the Church is insane.

Holy shit!

Lawrence O'Donnell uncovered the bill that Huckabee signed as governor providing free birth control to Arkansas citizens!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Video tomorrow, bitches! :lol:

Holy shit!

Lawrence O'Donnell uncovered the bill that Huckabee signed as governor providing free birth control to Arkansas citizens!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Much like Dole, McCain, Romney and anyone else who runs for the GOP nomination, you have to feed the crazies during the runup to the primaries, and then wonder why you can't get sane people's votes in the general election.

here's the thing. Despite his religious crazy, I like Huckabee. True, he's a Christian nutter, but at least he understands the central message of Jesus was not "Tax Cuts for Rich People", nor does he read from the Gospel According to Ayn Rand.

He gets the biggest problem with this recession is not the inability of billionaires to buy dressage horses.

But looks like he's ready to go all in on the batshittery. So there's that.

Holy shit!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Much like Dole, McCain, Romney and anyone else who runs for the GOP nomination, you have to feed the crazies during the runup to the primaries, and then wonder why you can't get sane people's votes in the general election.

here's the thing. Despite his religious crazy, I like Huckabee. True, he's a Christian nutter, but at least he understands the central message of Jesus was not "Tax Cuts for Rich People", nor does he read from the Gospel According to Ayn Rand.

He gets the biggest problem with this recession is not the inability of billionaires to buy dressage horses.

But looks like he's ready to go all in on the batshittery. So there's that.

I liked his populist stance as Governor of Arkansas. That seems to have changed.

Forum List

Back