How Whitey screwed up Africa

https://www.amazon.co.uk/State-Afri...targid=pla-456344281800&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=

10,000 different tribes divided neatly into 40 nations bounded by straight lines that divided mountains,rivers and religions. The maps were drawn in Europe by people who had no knowledge of the continent or its people.

What could go wrong ?

So, I know my original response was posed as a point and not a question, but I'm seriously asking. . .

Why is it not okay to force disparate cultures into nations together in Africa, but it is desirable to force disparate cultures into the US and European countries? I'm honestly asking.
Where are you being forced ? Is somebody pointing a gun at you ?
The West invited immigrants to come and work and live here. We are better for it.
higher prices and lower wages/terrorists/overcrowded schools/etc is BETTER???!!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/State-Afri...targid=pla-456344281800&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=

10,000 different tribes divided neatly into 40 nations bounded by straight lines that divided mountains,rivers and religions. The maps were drawn in Europe by people who had no knowledge of the continent or its people.

What could go wrong ?
We all know imperialism destroyed pretty much every area it touched.

Is there a point to rehashing that?
Have a look at this thread Gillian. There is a huge amount of ignorance around this subject.
Ignorance is your lack of geography. Where straight lines exist in Africa, Namibia, Angola and the north, there are uninhabited deserts, making your contention about Europeans having no knowledge of the continent and its people especially ironic.
africa-map-max.jpg

Last edited:

What could go wrong ?

So, I know my original response was posed as a point and not a question, but I'm seriously asking. . .

Why is it not okay to force disparate cultures into nations together in Africa, but it is desirable to force disparate cultures into the US and European countries? I'm honestly asking.
The West invited immigrants to come and work and live here. We are better for it.

I'm not being forced? So I can just alter border enforcement rules and provisions at my will? No? So then, I'm forced to live with whatever the people in power ultimately decide? Just because there isn't a gun physically aimed at my head doesn't mean I have a choice in the matter.

Worse yet in Western Europe. There's a growing number of folks in some of those nations who are quite displeased with Merkel's choice to allow virtually unlimited migration into their nations. The UK voted for Brexit, their Parliament shut it down. Yeah, I'd have to say that "forced" is a pretty accurate way of framing things.

So great, you're happy with immigration. Your opinion on what constitutes the west being "better" really is immaterial to my question, though. If the West is bettered by unmitigated immigration from disparate cultures, why are African nations not bettered by having disparate cultures brought together by borders that create diverse, multicultural countries?

Why is it good for the West but not for the Africans?

What could go wrong ?

I'm not being forced? So I can just alter border enforcement rules and provisions at my will? No? So then, I'm forced to live with whatever the people in power ultimately decide? Just because there isn't a gun physically aimed at my head doesn't mean I have a choice in the matter.

Worse yet in Western Europe. There's a growing number of folks in some of those nations who are quite displeased with Merkel's choice to allow virtually unlimited migration into their nations. The UK voted for Brexit, their Parliament shut it down. Yeah, I'd have to say that "forced" is a pretty accurate way of framing things.

So great, you're happy with immigration. Your opinion on what constitutes the west being "better" really is immaterial to my question, though. If the West is bettered by unmitigated immigration from disparate cultures, why are African nations not bettered by having disparate cultures brought together by borders that create diverse, multicultural countries?

The German people can vote out Mrs Merkel if they dont like her policies.
What has brexit got to do with immigration from Africa ? I dont understand.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
And the British people can vote to exit the EU, right? WTF do you think they did?
The two issues are not related. The EU does not control immigration from outside the EU. That is the responsibility of the UK government.
Once again you spout shit that you know nothing about.

What could go wrong ?

The racists want to create a diversion.

What could go wrong ?

The west was not colonized.

What could go wrong ?

Yup. Its revealing though as it shows how stupid they are.

What could go wrong ?

Have a look at this thread Gillian. There is a huge amount of ignorance around this subject.
Ignorance is your lack of geography. Where straight lines exist in Africa, Namibia, Angola and the north, there are uninhabited deserts, making your contention about Europeans having no knowledge of the continent and its people especially ironic.
africa-map-max.jpg
Its hilarious that you think they made a good job of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

What could go wrong ?

africa-map-max.jpg
Its hilarious that you think they made a good job of it.
Show us what you would have done. Straight borders where people actually live? Show me.

What could go wrong ?

The EU has shared movement laws. If one nation in the EU invites in immigrants, the other nations are stuck with that. Yeah, the German people can vote out Merkel. The British can't.

You're are right in that the UK could take some greater degree of control of their immigration laws if they chose to do so. However, one of the major reasons Brexit won was based on concern over mass immigration. Clearly, those people in the UK who would like to take more control over the immigration system are unable to affect that.

I'm not trying to knock the democratic process, but the mere fact that people got to vote doesn't mean that the losers have a choice in whether or not they're going to obey the will of the majority. Democracy isn't the absence of force.

Now, if you're done dodging. . .

Why is the combination of disparate cultures good for western nations but bad for African ones?

Last edited:

What could go wrong ?

The west was not colonized.

Entirely beside my point. I'm not denying that Africa was colonized, I'm not denying that shitty shit happened to the people under said colonization.

Here's the thing though. Water is good for humans. If I didn't want to drink water, but someone forced the water down my gullet, that wouldn't make the water unhealthy. The method by which it was delivered isn't healthy, but the water itself still is healthy.

If combining disparate cultures into one community is inherently healthy (diversity is our strength!), then why is it not healthy for African nations? Or is it not inherently healthy? If it isn't, why is it healthy for Western nations?

What could go wrong ?

First off, my question has nothing to do with race. I'm talking about cultures. I know you progressives like to conflate those two things, but they aren't synonyms.

Also, it seems pretty f'in retarded to bring race into the conversation when we were talking about combining disparate African tribes. There aren't multiple races at play in the scenario in question, other than the assholes who drew the national borders. I'm not really concerned with the method by which these cultures are combined, though. I'm simply wondering why it's good to combine disparate cultures in some nations but bad to do so in other nations.

Lastly, y'all are fuckin hilarious! I ask a simple question, several times now. Rather than ever even attempting to answer it, all you two are doing is firing off accusations or trying to tell me that, if Western nations don't like immigration, they should vote differently. Essentially, just dodges and smoke screens. And yet you're still gonna drop a post about how everybody else is creating diversions? LMFAO.

Pot, meet kettle.

What could go wrong ?

The EU has shared movement laws. If one nation in the EU invites in immigrants, the other nations are stuck with that. Yeah, the German people can vote out Merkel. The British can't.

You're are right in that the UK could take some greater degree of control of their immigration laws if they chose to do so. However, one of the major reasons Brexit won was based on concern over mass immigration. Clearly, those people in the UK who would like to take more control over the immigration system are unable to affect that.

I'm not trying to knock the democratic process, but the mere fact that people got to vote doesn't mean that the losers have a choice in whether or not they're going to obey the will of the majority. Democracy isn't the absence of force.

Now, if you're done dodging. . .

Why is the combination of disparate cultures good for western nations but bad for African ones?
The UK is not a part of the Schengen agreement. Our government controls it. The racist trash had every opportunity to vote for no immigration by backing one of several anti-immigration parties in many elections. None of them ever made a dent.

Democracy sucks when you lose and you end up making up shit on the internet. Like you are doing here.

Regardless of what Africa may have been like before white people arrived, nobody had the right to invade and disrupt their world.

Forum List

Back