How To: Ignore

To put a poster on ignore, you click on THEIR icon. It gives you the option of follow or ignore. You can unignore from the "Ignoring" feature in your account settings.
I just realize some posters are not worth reading and just skip over

I didn't start this thread to discuss to-ignore-or-not-to-ignore. I just needed to do it in the new system and I couldn't figure it out. Now I know how so I thought I'd share it for any of you who don't already know how to work the new platform. But I appreciate all the comments.
You left out the part in which the ignorer tells the ignoree that he is being ignored.

Oh yes, they love that. :)

Did you know I have so many on ignore since the virus broke out?

That is why I just answer from time to time and then it could be days before I write something retarded to that poster again?

It make it more fun...

Notice how long it has been since I wrote you?
Why ignore idiot posters? It’s much more fun laughing at their posts and exposing their ignorance. I do greatly enjoy demeaning them too.

Because after awhile picking on those like you get boring...

I mean I have so many people on ignore and yet they do not even know it which is why I wish there was a way to inform someone like you...
Please put me on ignore.
I didn't start this thread to discuss to-ignore-or-not-to-ignore. I just needed to do it in the new system and I couldn't figure it out. Now I know how so I thought I'd share it for any of you who don't already know how to work the new platform. But I appreciate all the comments.
You left out the part in which the ignorer tells the ignoree that he is being ignored.

That is why I just answer from time to time and then it could be days before I write something retarded to that poster again?

It make it more fun...

Why ignore idiot posters? It’s much more fun laughing at their posts and exposing their ignorance. I do greatly enjoy demeaning them too.

I mean I have so many people on ignore and yet they do not even know it which is why I wish there was a way to inform someone like you...

:auiqs.jpg:
Please put me on ignore.

:biggrin:

It make it more fun...

You write to me? :disbelief:

To put a poster on ignore, you click on THEIR icon. It gives you the option of follow or ignore. You can unignore from the "Ignoring" feature in your account settings.
I just realize some posters are not worth reading and just skip over

Yeah, again I wish we had a way to inform you that no one is reading you at this time and not leaving you hanging thinking someone is reading your responses...

That is the best part! I do it 4 times a day!

It make it more fun...

Please put me on ignore.

You think I was joking but you are on ignore but I can still read your responses by clicking on them...

No, seriously Gipper I have had you on ignore for weeks now...

See, that is why we need a system to inform those like you...:auiqs.jpg:

It make it more fun...

Please put me on ignore.

You think I was joking but you are on ignore but I can still read your responses by clicking on them...

Thank you.

It make it more fun...

Please put me on ignore.

Thank you.

Anything for you pal!

Just hope Old Lady learn how to block PM'S one day... When I did my life became so much happier on here!

That's my favorite part.

It make it more fun...

I have scant time for TDSers who only post 'gotcha' crap and always post the 'last word' whether or not it is relevant to the post or not.
Agreed.

So many posters are just trolls, trying to piss people off, and unfortunately I do get pissed off, and I dont need that.

IF a poster makes ridiculous provocative statements on a fairly regular basis or engages you in an argument then lies blatantly about supposed factoids, *poof* to the ignore list.

I am 62 and do not have enough time left to waste on such bullshit.
I've never put a poster on ignore because of their opinions, not even crazy ones. What's the sense in coming to a political message board if you don't want to hear what others are thinking?

It make it more fun...

I have scant time for TDSers who only post 'gotcha' crap and always post the 'last word' whether or not it is relevant to the post or not.
Agreed.

So many posters are just trolls, trying to piss people off, and unfortunately I do get pissed off, and I dont need that.

IF a poster makes ridiculous provocative statements on a fairly regular basis or engages you in an argument then lies blatantly about supposed factoids, *poof* to the ignore list.

I've never put a poster on ignore because of their opinions, not even crazy ones. What's the sense in coming to a political message board if you don't want to hear what others are thinking?
Well, some posters deserve to be ignored. We do have some really dumb hateful posters. Their opinion isn’t worth a bowl of spit.

The great thing about the Ignore feature is that you don't have to read their shit in the first place and get all bent out of shape. Saves a lot of time and my BP doesn't go through the roof. I mean c'mon, some of the crap around here is ridiculous.

I've been chastised a lot of times for not putting people on ignore and replying instead. But, the thing of it is I used to have a guy trolling me. It became stalking and I put him on ignore. Then I didn't see he was posting personal information about me on the Internet. In one instance he followed me onto a board (and I have NO idea how he found me under another board name on a small board specific to the state I live in.) He got my address because I took a picture of a Bronco I was selling at the time. A pic showing the front of my house was all he needed to come up my address. I still have no idea how that works.

Days later that resulted in the cat being strung up with hope and hung from a tree branch in the back yard. Then someone shot through my kitchen window while I was at home. That brought an army of police to the door in under 3 minutes. If you had watched the series Prodigal Son last night, you would realize that it can be dangerous to ignore trolls. Forewarned of forearmed.

The great thing about the Ignore feature is that you don't have to read their shit in the first place and get all bent out of shape. Saves a lot of time and my BP doesn't go through the roof. I mean c'mon, some of the crap around here is ridiculous.

I've been chastised a lot of times for not putting people on ignore and replying instead. But, the thing of it is I used to have a guy trolling me. It became stalking and I put him on ignore. Then I didn't see he was posting personal information about me on the Internet. In one instance he followed me onto a board (and I have NO idea how he found me under another board name on a small board specific to the state I live in.) He got my address because I took a picture of a Bronco I was selling at the time. A pic showing the front of my house was all he needed to come up my address. I still have no idea how that works.

Days later that resulted in the cat being strung up with hope and hung from a tree branch in the back yard. Then someone shot through my kitchen window while I was at home. That brought an army of police to the door in under 3 minutes. If you had watched the series Prodigal Son last night, you would realize that it can be dangerous to ignore trolls. Forewarned of forearmed.
Good gravy, Porter. What did you SAY to that guy?

I thought that was the coffee shop?

1585672273725.png

Do they serve a good Irish coffee there?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

It make it more fun...

Agreed.

I don't put people on Ignore for their opinions, and I doubt JB does either. He was talking about Trolls who post here to piss people off, or so it appears. Like him, I'm too old to put up with BS and I'd just as soon avoid it. Maybe such persons would eventually post something worth reading, and if I miss it well c'est la vie. There are plenty of folks around here with a different perspective from mine that I can read and think about without getting upset. Yourself for example.

IOW, trash is trash and I'm not going to waste my time and my peace of mind sorting through the garbage hoping to find something of value. But that's just me I guess.

Forum List

Back