Nothing is finished here. More work to do. Part 2

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
New format. Lots of More questions. Why was the other thread closed??? Sorry, but you don't just dump a brand new place on us then close up the question thread. Or you do, which you did, but still........

Anywho...are y'all still doing stuff with it? If so...will we get the Informative and Funny buttons back? Especially the Informative one. And the floating scroll up thingy doesn't float any more. Can that be fixed? And finally (for now)...can this thread be left open, please?

You dont remember us
But we remember you
It was not so long ago
Our chat was broke in two

Tears on my postings
Pain when i type
Caused by yooooouuuuooooo.....

If we could start anew
and you'd capitulate
We'd gladly have your back
And tempt the hand of fate

Tears on my postings
Pain when i type

Caused by yoooouuuooooo

~S~

Sometimes the scroll gets stuck and hides the reply button. Have to back out of thread and come back to push reply.

New format. Lots of More questions. Why was the other thread closed??? Sorry, but you don't just dump a brand new place on us then close up the question thread. Or you do, which you did, but still........

Anywho...are y'all still doing stuff with it? If so...will we get the Informative and Funny buttons back? Especially the Informative one. And the floating scroll up thingy doesn't float any more. Can that be fixed? And finally (for now)...can this thread be left open, please?

Mod staff is arm wrestling right now over new "post ratings".. No one is really pleased with the list or the screwy icons.. PROBABLY next week.. It's lower priority than other things. Mod staff misses a THANKS button.. Now we just "like" each other all the freakin time... :aargh:

1st thread was closed because too many members were bringing up mod gripes or OLD board issues and it became too long to get anything out of it.. There's a couple fresher ones to replace it. Can't ever GUARANTEE a thread won't be closed if too many members are way off the topic or just venting.

Mod staff is arm wrestling right now over new "post ratings".. No one is really pleased with the list or the screwy icons.. PROBABLY next week.. It's lower priority than other things. Mod staff misses a THANKS button.. Now we just "like" each other all the freakin time... :aargh:

1st thread was closed because too many members were bringing up mod gripes or OLD board issues and it became too long to get anything out of it.. There's a couple fresher ones to replace it. Can't ever GUARANTEE a thread won't be closed if too many members are way off the topic or just venting.
Thanks and informative were nice.

Sometimes the scroll gets stuck and hides the reply button. Have to back out of thread and come back to push reply.

Is it STUCK? Or just rolling around? Because that's a "feature" that existed on the older Xenforo S/Ware. Try clicking inside the vertical scroll bar on the right side.. It might fix it.. Something to do with accommodating mobile and touch screens???

Is it STUCK? Or just rolling around? Because that's a "feature" that existed on the older Xenforo S/Ware. Try clicking inside the vertical scroll bar on the right side.. It might fix it.. Something to do with accommodating mobile and touch screens???
Gah! It's not as solid as it used to be.

You gotta come up from the bottom and it might be there.

All the way to the bottom? No "to the top".

Try it.

You gotta go to the bottom and then back off.

That seems to help. Didn't see the scroll bar at first. Because my eyesight sucks. Yup. I use a mobile for posting.

That seems to help. Didn't see the scroll bar at first. Because my eyesight sucks. Yup. I use a mobile for posting.

Cool... I was kinda guessing.. But it irks me also...

I Actually like the new format. A little easier to read.

I Actually like the new format. A little easier to read.

It is now.. The original skin colors were awful, but got changed quick..

Don't know if I can explain this, but I will try.

I will be browsing New Topics and as I scroll down, I will see one that may interest me but before I can click it...the page refreshes all by itself. It's irritating because then I have to scroll all over again.

Could it be someone posted to a New Topic? Or started a New Topic and thats what is making it jump around?

Oh. Never mind. I just noticed the text THIS PAGE WILL REFRESH IN 60 SECONDS and where we can adjust it to NOT jump to refresh up to 300 seconds.

Sorry. I'm slow.

Don't know if I can explain this, but I will try.

I will be browsing New Topics and as I scroll down, I will see one that may interest me but before I can click it...the page refreshes all by itself. It's irritating because then I have to scroll all over again.

Could it be someone posted to a New Topic? Or started a New Topic and thats what is making it jump around?
I agree, it is irritating.

I get random posts appearing, still, where the poster's name and avatar and the like button is missing. As here:

1586685596776.png

I get random posts appearing, still, where the poster's name and avatar and the like button is missing. As here:

View attachment 322423

Yeah... I've had to wait for those things a bit.. Maybe refresh the page in 15 seconds or so... It seems to ONLY occur after I'VE posted something. Not on page loads in general..

System maintenance is huge. It's spread out over time so the server doesn't slow.. And weekends are choice time for reindexing and collating stuff.. Let's see if it improves by Monday..

Tonight a mod told me that if I don't like this new system Twitter may be for me lol

I too have a website for my business. It obviously isn't a forum but I often get feedback on it and I NEVER tell the consumer to "go somewhere else" if they dont like it.

Bottom line this new format is ASS

Tonight a mod told me that if I don't like this new system Twitter may be for me lol

I too have a website for my business. It obviously isn't a forum but I often get feedback on it and I NEVER tell the consumer to "go somewhere else" if they dont like it.

Bottom line this new format is ASS
I never understood admins or mods telling posters to find a new place if the one all were using was a problem for whatever reason. Of course, unless the person being told that is a pain in the ass, lol. I don't believe you are a pain in the ass and have been here a long time. Maybe the mod was just in a bad mood? They are human too, and that can happen, heh.

Forum List

Back