How the Christian Right's Homophobia Scares Away Religious Young People

If we had ever found out there was a homo in our unit. He would not have lived past the next fire fight.

Are there any other groups of people you'd murder?

Um...the implication is not that the queer would be murdered (thus the reference to a "fire fight" = with ENEMY COMBATANTS).

The implication that the introduction to a modern, American military unit of a behaviorial deviant would undermine moral and cohesion, and that this would lead to the "homo" becoming a combat casulty.

the implication is not that the queer would be murdered

Intentionally bringing about someone's death is murder.

You're taking the side of someone who would murder his fellow soldiers.

If we had ever found out there was a homo in our unit. He would not have lived past the next fire fight.

Um...the implication is not that the queer would be murdered (thus the reference to a "fire fight" = with ENEMY COMBATANTS).

The implication that the introduction to a modern, American military unit of a behaviorial deviant would undermine moral and cohesion, and that this would lead to the "homo" becoming a combat casulty.

And that has never been proven to be the case. And in the last year, the record reveals a reality different than what you projected, Samson. Tuff.

Yes, I know. I'm the problem for saying there's a problem.

/yawn

Damn trolls. So bloody predictable.

I find lefties accusing posters often of being trolls. I also find that it's usually someone who has a different point of view.

Dude, I would run out of fingers listing the people on the right who are NOT trolls. So no. Contribute something worthwhile, I wanna say just anywhere on the board? But until then, you are a troll, as is Sunni.

Do you think a poster who believes marriage is a man and a woman is a troll?

I'd rather have my picture taken with a gay soldier than with a backstabbing idiot who would murder a fellow soldier because of his sexual orientation.
No doubt you and him would become close friends. :lol:

gay-soldiers.jpg

I could be friends with someone with a sense of duty and honor, sure.

It is the ignorant, backstabbing, murderous types I would never count as my friends.

Murdering one's fellow soldiers is extremely unpatriotic no matter what their sexual preference is.

Last edited:
I find lefties accusing posters often of being trolls. I also find that it's usually someone who has a different point of view.

Dude, I would run out of fingers listing the people on the right who are NOT trolls. So no. Contribute something worthwhile, I wanna say just anywhere on the board? But until then, you are a troll, as is Sunni.

Not at all.

Read your own words. Aren't you just spewing hate junior?? :lol: :cuckoo:

I think there is a difference and his hatred is justified. You have advocated murdering an american who stepped up and wore the uniform, served his country, and put his life on the line for our freedoms. That is far more disgusting than being gay.

"Justified Hatred?"

interesting concept....you must have learned it in the public school.

Obviously, the school system is doing a very poor job teaching morals and ethics: we need a society that is more accepting of other people's opinions.

I have no problem accepting his dislike of gays.

What I have a problem with is someone who, while in uniform, would murder a fellow soldier because of their sexual orientation.

There is a line. That crosses it.

The implication is that the gay soldier would be murdered because his fellow soldiers did not back him up, and did so intentionally. Sunniman also suggested the gay soldier would die from friendly fire.

And that has never been proven to be the case. And in the last year, the record reveals a reality different than what you projected, Samson. Tuff.

My point was not to prove either case, but to simply explain the implication: I would agree with whatever record to which you are referring (althought I'm not sure how statistics can be accurate: Does anyone know how many service members who are killed in combat are queer?).

I seriously doubt that many queers reveal themselves and their deviant behavior during combat operations to their military colleagues, despite whatever the CINC says.

The straight would have been the one most likely to not survive the fire fight.

You're lying about my sexual preference and you're taking the side of someone who would murder his fellow soldiers. You're extremely dishonest and unbelievably immoral.

Nah, just extremely guilty of reading too quickly. My apology. I have edited it as I did above.

The only soldiers that had to be worried about their own were the ones who treated them wrongly and unfairly and maliciously over and over and over. The most endangered species were certain company grade officers and platoon sergeants. I gather this was not a problem in Iraq and Afghanistan, because the NCO academies, in particular, have become very good at weeding out incompetents for further promotion.

The straight would have been the one most likely to not survive the fire fight.

You're lying about my sexual preference and you're taking the side of someone who would murder his fellow soldiers. You're extremely dishonest and unbelievably immoral.

Nah, just extremely guilty of reading too quickly. My apology. I have edited it as I did above.

The only soldiers that had to be worried about their own were the ones who treated them wrongly and unfairly and maliciously over and over and over. The most endangered species were certain company grade officers and platoon sergeants. I gather this was not a problem in Iraq and Afghanistan, because the NCO academies, in particular, have become very good at weeding out incompetents for further promotion.

Respect. I like to see people edit and admit an error.

The implication is that the gay soldier would be murdered because his fellow soldiers did not back him up, and did so intentionally. Sunniman also suggested the gay soldier would die from friendly fire.

Semantics.

Unit cohesion and moral can be broken by many factors. For example if Private Loveagoat is practicing beastiality.

Also, Heterosexuals die in combat from friendly fire. Fortunes of War, not a function of their need to pack fudge.

Not the point.

Why would "religious young people" be scared away by anything about homosexuality. If they are religious then they would know that homosexuality is a sin, and should be discouraged and not condoned.

If there is any "hate" on display, its by anti-Christian and anti-religous folks like yourself who attack people for their religious beliefs that have been in place for thousands of years.

Homosexuality has existed far longer than any religion known to man.

Regardless, it's a never-ending face-palm for me to continuously read Christians trying to explain that everyone should adhere to their beliefs for whatever multitude of illegitimate(to me) reasons, and we're the bigots for not being more accepting of it.

:rofl:

Seems to me that you desire Christians to adhere to your beliefs and that they are bigots for not accepting something they find contrary to the Bible.

I think there is a difference and his hatred is justified. You have advocated murdering an american who stepped up and wore the uniform, served his country, and put his life on the line for our freedoms. That is far more disgusting than being gay.

"Justified Hatred?"

interesting concept....you must have learned it in the public school.

Obviously, the school system is doing a very poor job teaching morals and ethics: we need a society that is more accepting of other people's opinions.

I have no problem accepting his dislike of gays.

What I have a problem with is someone who, while in uniform, would murder a fellow soldier because of their sexual orientation.

There is a line. That crosses it.

Likely no one is murdered because of their sexual orientation but because their behavior is so obnoxious as to be intolerable and puts the whole unit at risk.

Forum List

Back