how long will you wait for the 2nd coming?

For dispensationalist Christians, the prophecy clock ran out in 2018. After 1948, Christ was supposed to have come back by 1988, forty years, or a generation, after the UN recognized the state of Israel. When that didn't happen, they changed the definition of generation to mean seventy years.

Dispensationalists now face a huge theological problem. And a practical problem. And a psychological problem. Their extra-biblical prophecies are just another reason for the church's decline.
Number one: We do not know when the generation began. Did is start in 1948? Did it start in 1967?
Two: We don't know how long a generation lasts.
Three: People do live to be 100+ and so before THE generation passes away could take awhile.
Four: Jesus stated that no one will know the time or day. We may see warning and pending signs ----- and obviously we are moving closer.

I don't believe that he has died yet. He will die after the second coming of Christ.
You must be a Mormon! They are the only one's I know of that believe that someone could hide for 2000 years. Actually, John did witness Jesus on the mount of TRANSFIGURATION. So in fact three disciples so Jesus transformed and were given a glimpse of Christ's KINGDOM form.

so easy ...

the way there can be as an accomplishment as the conclusion - triumph over evil is the means as prescribed the religion of antiquity - better than waiting for a messiah that's never coming or ever existed and would not make a difference anyway.

the religious itinerant who most likely did free himself still perished when nailed to a cross.

Can you just explain your freedom of spirit and how you did it w/o your religion of antiquity comments? I mean I have a hard time seeing you as a free air dude.
Can you just explain your freedom of spirit and how you did it w/o your religion of antiquity comments?
they are intertwined, the prescribed religion and the goal that is required for admission to the Everlasting.

the religion you have abandoned for your messiah and the other desert religions is simply the triumph of good vs evil - there is no knowing for sure till judgment for those that triumph they have succeeded for which one. while living, unlike you, not being a sinner would be a good indication of what is expected to accomplish the goal.

on the otherhand, you are waiting for something rather than accomplishing yourself what you claim who you are waiting for did accomplish for themselves ... good luck, you'll need it when explaining how you prevented others from the prescribed religion substituting your forgeries and fallacies instead. the christian bible.
No one is good enough. One either never sinned or is guilty of ALL sin. One maybe saved only when one is observed through the MESSIAH/CHRIST by GOD the Father.

..it's been 2000 years---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
''soon'''
The second coming is soon. In fact, Jesus promised His disciples that He would come again. John 14:1-3 says, “Let not your heart be troubled...In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

....just wait a little longer..of course you can't wait after you're dead

I don't think I have much of a choice in that decision. I mean I am hanging on to that piece of driftwood with no land in sight! We are already WELL into the wars/earthquakes & long ago passed the beast(spirit that possessed Hitler) that comes up out of the abyss to rule a kingdom for a short period of time(12 yrs). I just keep hanging on & praying!

so easy ...

the way there can be as an accomplishment as the conclusion - triumph over evil is the means as prescribed the religion of antiquity - better than waiting for a messiah that's never coming or ever existed and would not make a difference anyway.

the religious itinerant who most likely did free himself still perished when nailed to a cross.

Can you just explain your freedom of spirit and how you did it w/o your religion of antiquity comments? I mean I have a hard time seeing you as a free air dude.
Can you just explain your freedom of spirit and how you did it w/o your religion of antiquity comments?
they are intertwined, the prescribed religion and the goal that is required for admission to the Everlasting.

the religion you have abandoned for your messiah and the other desert religions is simply the triumph of good vs evil - there is no knowing for sure till judgment for those that triumph they have succeeded for which one. while living, unlike you, not being a sinner would be a good indication of what is expected to accomplish the goal.

on the otherhand, you are waiting for something rather than accomplishing yourself what you claim who you are waiting for did accomplish for themselves ... good luck, you'll need it when explaining how you prevented others from the prescribed religion substituting your forgeries and fallacies instead. the christian bible.
No one is good enough. One either never sinned or is guilty of ALL sin. One maybe saved only when one is observed through the MESSIAH/CHRIST by GOD the Father.
speak for yourself nipper - what are the sins you are unable to stop committing, have you ever tried. no one is going to save you from yourself.

''soon'''
The second coming is soon. In fact, Jesus promised His disciples that He would come again. John 14:1-3 says, “Let not your heart be troubled...In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

The Clock on the 2nd coming doesn't start ticking until Israel is a Nation and Jerusalem is it's capital. Next step is the temple.

See the Book of Daniel and the prophecy about the decree of Cyrus.

490 years from the going out of the decree to rebuild Jerusalem, and at 483 years Messiah would be cut off (Crucified). So there are 490 years of prophecy determined on Israel, but they did not complete the last 7 years. When Christ was crucified, the clock was paused.

The prophecy accurately depicted to the day Messiah was crucified, and Jesus predicted before His crucifixion that the Temple would be destroyed which happened to the day 40 years after his resurrection.

The clock was paused then at 483 years, leaving 7 years that Israel has to go through.

That 7 years is The Tribulation and it can start any time now that Jerusalem is officially declared the Capital of Israel.

''soon'''

I don't think I have much of a choice in that decision. I mean I am hanging on to that piece of driftwood with no land in sight! We are already WELL into the wars/earthquakes & long ago passed the beast(spirit that possessed Hitler) that comes up out of the abyss to rule a kingdom for a short period of time(12 yrs). I just keep hanging on & praying!
..yes you do---there is no second coming ...

To understand the timing of the second coming, it is necessary to understand the Book of Revelation and what the 7 seals represent. It is also important to understand what prophesies need to be accomplished prior to the second coming. It is true that no man knows the day or the hour of our Lord's coming, but we can know when we are close by the signs of the times.

For dispensationalist Christians, the prophecy clock ran out in 2018. After 1948, Christ was supposed to have come back by 1988, forty years, or a generation, after the UN recognized the state of Israel. When that didn't happen, they changed the definition of generation to mean seventy years.

Dispensationalists now face a huge theological problem. And a practical problem. And a psychological problem. Their extra-biblical prophecies are just another reason for the church's decline.
Number one: We do not know when the generation began. Did is start in 1948? Did it start in 1967?
Yea, we do, actually. Jesus told his first-century audience that some of them would still be alive when he comes (Mt 16:28). That generation would not pass away until all the things he preached (the Olivet Discourse) took place (Mt 24:34).
Two: We don't know how long a generation lasts.
Yea, we do, actually. The generations from Abraham to David were fourteen, from David to Babylon fourteen, and from Babylon to Christ fourteen (Mt 1:17). Do the math; a generation comes out to about forty years.
Three: People do live to be 100+ and so before THE generation passes away could take awhile.
:disbelief:
Four: Jesus stated that no one will know the time or day. We may see warning and pending signs ----- and obviously we are moving closer.
Jesus hinted that the disciples would know when the hour was coming upon them. He warned them to flee when that hour would come. In order to flee the tribulation, they would have to have known the hour of its coming. In the Olivet Discourse, Jesus knew his disciples did not know the day or the hour, but he knew they would know the day and hour as the day and hour approached. And so they fled.

To understand the timing of the second coming, it is necessary to understand the Book of Revelation and what the 7 seals represent. It is also important to understand what prophesies need to be accomplished prior to the second coming. It is true that no man knows the day or the hour of our Lord's coming, but we can know when we are close by the signs of the times.
All the prophecies are fulfilled. The Bible says so.

sure fire way to insure your book would have to be read to be a part of your forged religion ...

the religion of antiquity tells when the time will be without reading a book - when all who are living have triumphed in the same manor the parable will be completed and those remaining will all be judged together - and they will be given the same verdict.

One of the major prophesies that is currently being fulfilled but is not completely fulfilled is the gathering of scattered Israel. We are yet to see the return of the lost tribes of Israel.

Another prophesy that is is about to be fulfilled is the ending of the time of the Gentiles.

I can wait another 10 minutes, but that's it, after that I have to be somewhere.

One of the major prophesies that is currently being fulfilled but is not completely fulfilled is the gathering of scattered Israel. We are yet to see the return of the lost tribes of Israel.

Not even close.

Another prophesy that is is about to be fulfilled is the ending of the time of the Gentiles.

We are still living in the times of the Gentiles.

What scripture tells us about the end times and the second coming of Christ is , That all life in the oceans will be dead and the stench will be awful. Most of the trees will be gone along with the grass. These are not the exact words but It gives you an idea of what the earth will be like before the second coming of Christ. There is more to it ,so get a book of scripture and read more about it.

Forum List

Back