how long will you wait for the 2nd coming?

Not John's generation, but John himself. He was part of the generation that existed at the time.

I don't believe that he has died yet. He will die after the second coming of Christ.

so easy ...

the way there can be as an accomplishment as the conclusion - triumph over evil is the means as prescribed the religion of antiquity - better than waiting for a messiah that's never coming or ever existed and would not make a difference anyway.

the religious itinerant who most likely did free himself still perished when nailed to a cross.

Can you just explain your freedom of spirit and how you did it w/o your religion of antiquity comments? I mean I have a hard time seeing you as a free air dude.
Can you just explain your freedom of spirit and how you did it w/o your religion of antiquity comments?
they are intertwined, the prescribed religion and the goal that is required for admission to the Everlasting.

the religion you have abandoned for your messiah and the other desert religions is simply the triumph of good vs evil - there is no knowing for sure till judgment for those that triumph they have succeeded for which one. while living, unlike you, not being a sinner would be a good indication of what is expected to accomplish the goal.

on the otherhand, you are waiting for something rather than accomplishing yourself what you claim who you are waiting for did accomplish for themselves ... good luck, you'll need it when explaining how you prevented others from the prescribed religion substituting your forgeries and fallacies instead. the christian bible.

Luke 9:27
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

John 21:20-24
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

Matthew 24:29-35
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Do you believe the words of the Lord? That generation would not pass till all those things be fulfilled!!! Is it too hard for the Lord to cause that John should tarry till the Lord come again?

It is called Faith in the words of Jesus Christ. It is my belief. You don't call yourself edthecynic for nothing do you?

It is called Faith in the words of Jesus Christ. It is my belief. You don't call yourself edthecynic for nothing do you?
Faith is for SUCKERS!

Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth.
- Lillian Hellman (1905 - 1984), The Little Foxes, 1939

"A Cynic is a spy who aims to discover what things are friendly or hostile to man; after making accurate observations, he then comes back and reports the truth."
- Epictetus

When Jesus told Peter that John the Beloved would tarry till he comes. He meant it. That generation has not yet fully passed away.
Prove that John the Beloved is still alive!!!!!
Prove that John the Beloved is not still alive!!!!!
YOU are the one claiming he is alive, the burden of proof is on you.
I can't find an address, phone number, Facebook page etc., for him, where is he living now and how can I contact him?

..it's been 2000 years---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
''soon'''
The second coming is soon. In fact, Jesus promised His disciples that He would come again. John 14:1-3 says, “Let not your heart be troubled...In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

....just wait a little longer..of course you can't wait after you're dead

You missed it

1604442447324.png

..it's been 2000 years---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
''soon'''
The second coming is soon. In fact, Jesus promised His disciples that He would come again. John 14:1-3 says, “Let not your heart be troubled...In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

....just wait a little longer..of course you can't wait after you're dead

You missed it

View attachment 410798
wasn't worth it

When Jesus told Peter that John the Beloved would tarry till he comes. He meant it. That generation has not yet fully passed away.
I can't find an address, phone number, Facebook page etc., for him, where is he living now and how can I contact him?

Basically you are admitting the same thing I profess, that it is just your belief. Its ok if you believe what you think is true. Just allow others to believe what they think is true as well. Unless you can prove them wrong.

Basically you are admitting the same thing I profess, that it is just your belief. Its ok if you believe what you think is true. Just allow others to believe what they think is true as well. Unless you can prove them wrong.
Luke 9:27
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

John 21:20-24
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
Matthew 24:29-35
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Basically you are admitting the same thing I profess, that it is just your belief. Its ok if you believe what you think is true. Just allow others to believe what they think is true as well. Unless you can prove them wrong
the dialogues above are as though there was a tape recorder present that copied every word just as it was spoken and for all those conversations the same and not one written document by the primary character themself in the entire book ... where are those timely, authenticated documents used in the 4th century to write the christian bible, fact is they do not exist and never have existed.

Forum List

Back