How long before we get negative interest rates, hyper inflation, and a total economic collapse?

We clearly define it very differently,

Yes, you clearly have the wrong definition.

Nevertheless, how else would you describe using tax money to buy MBS's?

No tax dollars were used.

How was it corporate welfare? Or are you off that claim?

MBS's are instruments based on private mortgages.

Okay. And?
So when government buys securities based on mortgage loans, that somehow doesn't involve tax money and does not qualify as corporate welfare? Elaborate on this.

Are you confusing TARP loans with Fed QE?

What I just described is part of QE. I feel like we're not even speaking the same language at this point.

We clearly define it very differently,

Yes, you clearly have the wrong definition.

Nevertheless, how else would you describe using tax money to buy MBS's?

No tax dollars were used.

How was it corporate welfare? Or are you off that claim?

MBS's are instruments based on private mortgages.

Okay. And?
So when government buys securities based on mortgage loans, that somehow doesn't involve tax money and does not qualify as corporate welfare? Elaborate on this.

Are you confusing TARP loans with Fed QE?

What I just described is part of QE. I feel like we're not even speaking the same language at this point.

What I just described is part of QE.

If you were describing QE, you wouldn't use the phrase "tax money".

I feel like we're not even speaking the same language at this point.

I agree, based on your confusion/ignorance regarding these topics.

You and JoeB131 are both from Chicago and have the same really annoying tone about you. I knew there was something about that place that always felt wrong.

Anyway, you can argue with someone else from now on.

you don't have 10 years.
Quanitative easing is at an all time high. (Libs, if you dont know what that is, ask a conservative friend) The M1 money supply curve looks like the face of El Capitan. We are spending and spending. (Yes, Trump spent too....I get it...he should have vetoed every budget.)

I think we have at most 10 years......AT THE CURRENT PACE.

We can change things...but we likely will not.

My guess is the Fed is trying to devalue the dollar to make our debt worthless. If the dollar has no value...our 30 trillion dollar debt has no value to our lenders.

I don't think you have 10 years.
China will overcome the US as the biggest World economy in 5-7 years, I think by that time Dollar will not be the World trade currency... It is going to introduce digital Yuan soon, as well the US ran out of options trying to subdue Russia, the only 2 options left - military conflict, which will destroy World finances and Dollar in the course, or exlusion of Russia from World finances, which will effecfively establish Rouble-nominated oil trade and destroy Petrodollar again...

I think 5 years at most, if you are extremely lucky.
More likely a couple of years...

I think by that time Dollar will not be the World trade currency... It is going to introduce digital Yuan soon

But who wants to hold the Yuan or the Ruble or the Peso as their reserve currency?

as well the US ran out of options trying to subdue Russia

Why do we need to subdue them, they do that to themselves just fine.

establish Rouble-nominated oil trade

No one who has a choice wants to hold their crappy currency.

after trillions of Dollars a year printed by the Fed (and ECB, and BoE, and BoJ) there will be no credible currency soon. It is what makes situation even more disastrouse. Gold will be thd king and Russia has one if the biggest gold reserves in the World. If it ties Rouble to gold - it sill be the best currency, after Zwiss Franc.

after trillions of Dollars a year printed by the Fed (and ECB, and BoE, and BoJ) there will be no credible currency soon.

So the Yuan won't be credible, because their QE was bigger than ours?

Gold will be thd king and Russia has one if the biggest gold reserves in the World. If it ties Rouble to gold - it sill be the best currency, after Zwiss Franc.

No one is going to trust a ruble, even if they pretend it is backed by gold.

neither Yuan or Rouble will be credible enough to play the role Dollar plays now, most probably there will be several/many currency zones ( including Rouble zone) , with Yuan taking over the World in several decades, but Dollar zone will shrink not even to North America, it will be hardly used in proper USA since the US will disintegrate into 2-3 states.
it's in 10-20 years, while in 5-10 years even if Yuan takes 40% it means catastropphe for the US, hyperinflation.

but, as for Yuan and Rouble - in post-collapse World strength of currency will be defined by 2 factors - gold backing and positive trade balance.

both Yuan and Rouble have it, Dollar has only gold, which will start flowing to countries which the US has trade deficite with.

so, don't look at current situation, US is a dead on arrival, fundamentally sick and moving only by inertia...

You and JoeB131 are both from Chicago and have the same really annoying tone about you. I knew there was something about that place that always felt wrong.

Anyway, you can argue with someone else from now on.

Sorry if pointing out your ignorance made you sad.

you don't have 10 years.
Quanitative easing is at an all time high. (Libs, if you dont know what that is, ask a conservative friend) The M1 money supply curve looks like the face of El Capitan. We are spending and spending. (Yes, Trump spent too....I get it...he should have vetoed every budget.)

My guess is the Fed is trying to devalue the dollar to make our debt worthless. If the dollar has no value...our 30 trillion dollar debt has no value to our lenders.

China will overcome the US as the biggest World economy in 5-7 years, I think by that time Dollar will not be the World trade currency... It is going to introduce digital Yuan soon, as well the US ran out of options trying to subdue Russia, the only 2 options left - military conflict, which will destroy World finances and Dollar in the course, or exlusion of Russia from World finances, which will effecfively establish Rouble-nominated oil trade and destroy Petrodollar again...

I think by that time Dollar will not be the World trade currency... It is going to introduce digital Yuan soon

But who wants to hold the Yuan or the Ruble or the Peso as their reserve currency?

after trillions of Dollars a year printed by the Fed (and ECB, and BoE, and BoJ) there will be no credible currency soon. It is what makes situation even more disastrouse. Gold will be thd king and Russia has one if the biggest gold reserves in the World. If it ties Rouble to gold - it sill be the best currency, after Zwiss Franc.

after trillions of Dollars a year printed by the Fed (and ECB, and BoE, and BoJ) there will be no credible currency soon.

Gold will be thd king and Russia has one if the biggest gold reserves in the World. If it ties Rouble to gold - it sill be the best currency, after Zwiss Franc.

neither Yuan or Rouble will be credible enough to play the role Dollar plays now, most probably there will be several/many currency zones ( including Rouble zone) , but Dollar zone will shrink not even to North America, it will be hardly used in proper USA since the US will disintegrate into 2-3 states.
it's in 10-20 years, while in 5-10 years even if Yuan takes 40% it means catastropphe for the US, hyperinflation.

but, as for Yuan and Rouble - in post-collapse World strength of currency will be defined by 2 factors - gold backing and positive trade balance.

both Yuan and Rouble have it, Dollar has only gold, which will start flowing to countries which the US has trade deficite with.

so, don't look at current situation, US is a dead on arrival, fundamentally sick and moving only by inertia...

while in 5-10 years even if Yuan takes 40%

Takes 40% of what? World reserve balances? LOL!

World strength of currency will be defined by 2 factors - gold backing and positive trade balance.

No one is going to back their currency with gold.

you don't have 10 years.

neither Yuan or Rouble will be credible enough to play the role Dollar plays now, most probably there will be several/many currency zones ( including Rouble zone) , but Dollar zone will shrink not even to North America, it will be hardly used in proper USA since the US will disintegrate into 2-3 states.

World strength of currency will be defined by 2 factors - gold backing and positive trade balance.

lol, indeed, after WWII the US share in World GDP was >50%, now about 20%.
US has giant budget deficite, over 50%
US has trade deficite, current account deficite..
US has the biggest covid infection and mortality in the World
Chine is already the biggest World economy if measured in purchasing power. By 2028 conservative estimates say it will overcome the US in nominal figures, in dollars.

what surprises you in a statement that Yuan will folow general Chinese supremacy and overtakes Dollar?

the only thing you are good in NOW is printing money. I don't say it to put Russia above the US, while in some aspect it really is (in some not), but just to remind you that you refer to past stereotypes, the World has changed.

and what else except golden standard can return trust to a currency in situation of hyperinflation?
be my guest, propose something... :)

Yuan may not take 40% of World reserve balances, not much of the World reserves will exist in situation of hyperinflation, but as a trade currency - for sure.

if I have time maybe later I will describe to you step by step what will happen to you and the World after hyperinflation comes, as a Russian I have own live experience of hyperinflation in 90s :)

Last edited:

Soros needs to collapse the US economy BEFORE the midterms

Frist we have to get this pandemic cleaned up, we can't do it with half assed measures,. We already have 30% of the country refusing to comply with what the majority of the medical profession is recommending. So money is about the only tool left.

you don't have 10 years.

Chine is already the biggest World economy if measured in purchasing power. By 2028 conservative estimates say it will overcome the US in nominal figures, in dollars.

what surprises you in a statement that Yuan will folow general Chinese supremacy and overtakes Dollar?

the only thing you are good in NOW is printing money. I don't say it to put Russia above the US, while in some aspect it really is (in some not), but just to remind you that you refer to past stereotypes, the World has changed.

and what else except golden standard can return trust to a currency in situation of hyperinflation?

indeed, after WWII the US share in World GDP was >50%, now about 20%.

Indeed. Most of the rest of the world was bombed into rubble. So what?

Because no one trusts lying commies. Do you believe the economic numbers they publish?

I don't say it to put Russia above the US, while in some aspect it really is

Yeah, you guys are really good at drinking yourselves to death.

Who has hyperinflation?
Except for a few of third world shitholes....Argentina, Iran, Sudan, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.

you don't have 10 years.

indeed, after WWII the US share in World GDP was >50%, now about 20%.

Indeed. Most of the rest of the world was bombed into rubble. So what?

Because no one trusts lying commies. Do you believe the economic numbers they publish?

I don't say it to put Russia above the US, while in some aspect it really is

Yeah, you guys are really good at drinking yourselves to death.

Who has hyperinflation?
Except for a few of third world shitholes....Argentina, Iran, Sudan, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.
I was trying to talk to you as not to an American, but in a serious manner.
my fault.. :)

Well, if we listen to conservatives, we should see hyperinflation right around 2010.
Precisely. Inflation was supposed to explode due to the Fed intervention to bail us out of the Meltdown. And it didn't happen.

We don't know for sure. People can make all the ignorant prognostications they want -- that doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

inflation in consumer goods did not explode because due to carantine and big increase in unemployment public demand collapsed, causing deflation.

but in stocks there is massive inflation.

in housing, health care, education - there is big inflation.
real estate prices started growing all over the World, people feel inflation coming and transfer savings into something material

and soon or even now raw materials started to groe, look at oil..
We just finished nearly a decade of large federal deficits, quantitative easing and declining unemployment.

Inflation was minimal.

At some point, you need to reconsider your assumptions of how the economy works. This ain’t Weimar.
how is inflation minimal when most prices have gone up 50% and some have almost doubled???

OH wait,,never mind I forgot who I was talking too,,,
1615130158811.png

Because you’re an idiot who doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Well, if we listen to conservatives, we should see hyperinflation right around 2010.
Precisely. Inflation was supposed to explode due to the Fed intervention to bail us out of the Meltdown. And it didn't happen.

We don't know for sure. People can make all the ignorant prognostications they want -- that doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

inflation in consumer goods did not explode because due to carantine and big increase in unemployment public demand collapsed, causing deflation.

real estate prices started growing all over the World, people feel inflation coming and transfer savings into something material

We just finished nearly a decade of large federal deficits, quantitative easing and declining unemployment.

Inflation was minimal.

At some point, you need to reconsider your assumptions of how the economy works. This ain’t Weimar.
how is inflation minimal when most prices have gone up 50% and some have almost doubled???

View attachment 465078
OH look,, another cute little graph that doesnt pass the reality on the streets test,,

Inflation was minimal.

View attachment 465078
"Fake news", no doubt.

They're not into this stuff.

Forum List

Back