How long before we get negative interest rates, hyper inflation, and a total economic collapse?

Zimbabwe $10,000,000 bill here the US comes as well.. Ain't printing money fun---------------In a few years, we will all be multi-millionaires, just that our millions won't buy much more than a loaf of bread.

View attachment 464558
Better find a stable currency to buy. I have heard of inflationary cycles in other countries (Argentina in the case I know of) where business owners would buy US dollars when they banked the receipts of the day because the Argentinian currency lost 50% of its value OVERNIGHT. The US is there.

Quanitative easing is at an all time high.

This QE happened under Trump.

But Trump - nor Biden - have anything to do with it.

Did I mention Biden in my post? I mentioned debt.

Show me where I said Biden or Trump had anything to do with qe.

Why are you attributing to me things I didnt post?

You want to address the post?

You're nuts. Nothing that Biden has done or proposes to do will lead to economic growth that isn't temporary. They'll pass out money right and left, and that'll boost the economy until the money runs out and then you've got the same economy but you've only added to the debt and kicked that can down the road. Again.

That's what Trump was doing

Quanitative easing is at an all time high.

This QE happened under Trump.

But Trump - nor Biden - have anything to do with it.

Did I mention Biden in my post? I mentioned debt.

Show me where I said Biden or Trump had anything to do with qe.

Why are you attributing to me things I didnt post?

You want to address the post?

We have more than 10 years. Such statements were made 10 years ago. And 20. And 30.

But you are right that the government is trying to inflate away the debt. They aren't going to make it "worthless" - the deflationary forces are simply too powerful - but they are trying to inflate away our liabilities.

Quanitative easing is at an all time high. (Libs, if you dont know what that is, ask a conservative friend) The M1 money supply curve looks like the face of El Capitan. We are spending and spending. (Yes, Trump spent too....I get it...he should have vetoed every budget.)

I think we have at most 10 years......AT THE CURRENT PACE.

We can change things...but we likely will not.

My guess is the Fed is trying to devalue the dollar to make our debt worthless. If the dollar has no value...our 30 trillion dollar debt has no value to our lenders.
Yawn. Or grow the economy so much that the national debt becomes a much smaller piece of the financial equation. Think about it.

xiden and co. couldn't grow weeds in a greenhouse, much less the economy.
You missed the bus on that one, Skippy. 1.9T is a Big Number.

Yeah, most of it going to foreign countries, junior.
Read the bill.

Quanitative easing is at an all time high. (Libs, if you dont know what that is, ask a conservative friend) The M1 money supply curve looks like the face of El Capitan. We are spending and spending. (Yes, Trump spent too....I get it...he should have vetoed every budget.)

My guess is the Fed is trying to devalue the dollar to make our debt worthless. If the dollar has no value...our 30 trillion dollar debt has no value to our lenders.
Yawn. Or grow the economy so much that the national debt becomes a much smaller piece of the financial equation. Think about it.

xiden and co. couldn't grow weeds in a greenhouse, much less the economy.
You missed the bus on that one, Skippy. 1.9T is a Big Number.

Yeah, most of it going to foreign countries, junior.
Read the bill.

I did. You should too.

you don't have 10 years.

I don't think you have 10 years.
China will overcome the US as the biggest World economy in 5-7 years, I think by that time Dollar will not be the World trade currency... It is going to introduce digital Yuan soon, as well the US ran out of options trying to subdue Russia, the only 2 options left - military conflict, which will destroy World finances and Dollar in the course, or exlusion of Russia from World finances, which will effecfively establish Rouble-nominated oil trade and destroy Petrodollar again...

I think 5 years at most, if you are extremely lucky.
More likely a couple of years...

Well, if we listen to conservatives, we should see hyperinflation right around 2010.
Precisely. Inflation was supposed to explode due to the Fed intervention to bail us out of the Meltdown. And it didn't happen.

We don't know for sure. People can make all the ignorant prognostications they want -- that doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

Well, if we listen to conservatives, we should see hyperinflation right around 2010.
Precisely. Inflation was supposed to explode due to the Fed intervention to bail us out of the Meltdown. And it didn't happen.

We don't know for sure. People can make all the ignorant prognostications they want -- that doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

inflation in consumer goods did not explode because due to carantine and big increase in unemployment public demand collapsed, causing deflation.

but in stocks there is massive inflation.

in housing, health care, education - there is big inflation.
real estate prices started growing all over the World, people feel inflation coming and transfer savings into something material

and soon or even now raw materials started to groe, look at oil..

inflation in consumer goods did not explode because due to carantine and big increase in unemployment public demand collapsed, causing deflation.

real estate prices started growing all over the World, people feel inflation coming and transfer savings into something material

As the overall markets slow thing like oil will increase because investors know people have little choice but accept the higher costs.

As the overall markets slow thing like oil will increase because investors know people have little choice but accept the higher costs.

it is never a reason, in energy demand is not elastic, i. e. consumption does not depend on prices much. you buy gas whatever a price..

I tend to think money emission contribution in CPI has finally become visible, and will keep growing

..they are giving BILLIONS to foreign countries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...total idiocy -----during the pandemic and when we are in debt!!!! the Capitol NEEDS to be invaded and every politician hit in the head with a frying pan
.....it's like putting your hand in the fire---over and over ---and then jumping in

it is never a reason, in energy demand is not elastic, i. e. consumption does not depend on prices much. you buy gas whatever a price..

I tend to think money emission contribution in CPI has finally become visible, and will keep growing

Of course it isn't a good reason but it happens. Oil should return to the way it worked for decades where we had stable prices. Only end users get to bid on oil. There is no reason to allow Hedge Funds to bid up something like oil.

Forum List

Back