How do you cope with the fact that most people follow Satan?

I've often asked why people believe they and others "sin". I don't believe that because I don't see it.

Sure, there are bad people, criminals, people who set out to hurt others but most people are just trying to do the best they can to live a good life, take care of their family. They may make mistakes but I don't count that as a sin.
I'm sure you feel that way about lynching blacks or stoning homosexuals?

Then there's the other side of this question, which is personified by the incredible arrogance of thumpers, like the OP.

As guno pointed out, christians made up their god and they made up their devil. Its an imaginary, invisible bit of nonsense they're more than welcome to.
Saying so doesn't make it so.

But the belief in a super-being does not somehow make you better than others and it most certainly does not qualify you to sit in judgment of others.

The Jesus you say you worship would abhor what the nutter thumpers have become.
Believing that evil doesn't exist is the worst thing one could do if they want to protect themselves or others from it.

I will admit that I have never known for sure that "evil" exists as a dark self contained entity. However, when I started reading a few of your posts, I was quick to confirm that evil, disguised as messenger of god, does exist, and can, indeed, represent all of the worst in us. Fortunately, for me, such evil is really easy to spot. To quote Dylan,

"....Now the TV preacher looked so baffled
When I asked him why he blessed
With twenty pounds of headlines
Stapled to his chest
But he cursed me when I proved it to him
Then I whispered and said, "Not even you can hide
You see, you're just like me
I hope you're satisfied"

Bob Dylan - Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Last edited:
I'm sure Satan is black.
Pretty sure if satan existed he would be white. Most of the ancient religions thought so.
Nope, Satan is always black and red.
Not for everyone. Even white people imagine ghosts as white.

Dark skin is highly esteemed among these people. ‘When a child is born they anoint him once a week with oil of sesame, and this makes him grow much darker’ No wonder their gods are all black ‘and their devils white as snow.’
- Marco Polo
See more at: 3quarksdaily: Marco Polo's India

Speaking of Dylan, he also said this about indpendentAce

"There was a wicked messenger
From Eli he did come
With a mind that multiplied
The smallest matter
When questioned who had sent for him
He answered with his thumb
For his tongue it could not speak, but only flatter

He stayed behind the assembly hall
It was there he made his bed
Oftentimes he could be seen returning
Until one day he just appeared
With a note in his hand which read
'The soles of my feet, I swear they're burning'

Oh, the leaves began to fallin'
And the seas began to part
And the people that confronted him were many
And he was told but these few words
Which opened up his heart
'If you cannot bring good news, then don't bring any'"

Bob Dylan - The Wicked Messenger Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Sadly most people, even many who visit church and claim to be followers of God, spend more time following Satan, it can therefore be depressing seeing friends, family, etc who may never find inner piece and live their whole lives in search of material happiness which doesn't exist. Seeing people declare life as meaningless and spending more time planning a vacation or retirement plan than they actually do their spiritual lives.

What's the best way to cope with this without becoming discouraged and contemptuous of Americans today; I suppose remembering the passage about entering the narrow gate comes to mind.
Pleased to meet you.....
Won't you guess my name?

Is it not written?

"There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: the righteous who get what the wicked deserve, and the wicked who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless.
So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun."

Yes because ink on Papyrus is Black, hence calling him the word, because he is the mimicked Baal passion play predating the Jesus myth and which tablet sits in the Brittish museum for anyone who doubts this.

I had a number of snarky comments but when people get their nonsense forcefed back to them it is quite satisfying enough.

The fact remains that if you need someone or something to "follow" then you are a sheep incapable of thinking for yourself.
The material world is the devil's domain, sadly most people especially in modern consumerist societies get fooled into following the material world thinking it can "save" them from pain.

All of the modern anti-religion propaganda is an example of how Satan seems to be "winning".

They're called Republicans. They have been following Satan's teachings for some time now.

I've often asked why people believe they and others "sin". I don't believe that because I don't see it.

Sure, there are bad people, criminals, people who set out to hurt others but most people are just trying to do the best they can to live a good life, take care of their family. They may make mistakes but I don't count that as a sin.

Then there's the other side of this question, which is personified by the incredible arrogance of thumpers, like the OP.

As guno pointed out, christians made up their god and they made up their devil. Its an imaginary, invisible bit of nonsense they're more than welcome to.

But the belief in a super-being does not somehow make you better than others and it most certainly does not qualify you to sit in judgment of others.

The Jesus you say you worship would abhor what the nutter thumpers have become.
I was about to try to educate you about this, but then I remembered that you just can't fix stupid.

Forum List

Back