How can a party or ideology "win" in such an evenly-divided country?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
If you agree with me that (a) the sides of the spectrum are only getting more divided, that (b) they're becoming less and less interested in working together, and that (c) the two "sides" are fairly evenly divided, here's a question:

What is the point of barely pushing through, on a purely partisan basis, agendas and legislation that only reflect "your side" of the country? Doesn't it seem temporary to you?

Doesn't it make sense that legislation that is the result of collaboration will likely be more permanent, since both "sides" have skin in the game?

What is your best argument for this country being ruled on a purely partisan basis, back and forth, back and forth?

If you agree with me that (a) the sides of the spectrum are only getting more divided, that (b) they're becoming less and less interested in working together, and that (c) the two "sides" are fairly evenly divided, here's a question:

What is the point of barely pushing through, on a purely partisan basis, agendas and legislation that only reflect "your side" of the country? Doesn't it seem temporary to you?

Doesn't it make sense that legislation that is the result of collaboration will likely be more permanent, since both "sides" have skin in the game?

What is your best argument for this country being ruled on a purely partisan basis, back and forth, back and forth?

Federalism. Progressives have to realize they can get what they want at the State level, and leave the Federal level alone.

Heres the rub. Our two parties are more concerned with winning elections and being whores for special interest groups. Why pass any legislation when it’s proven more effective to use it as wedge issues to pander for votes. The people get screwed because we are not a priority. Almost every politician knows that keeping us divided works to their advantage.

once again the constitution doesn't even get mentioned,,,

Heres the rub. Our two parties are more concerned with winning elections and being whores for special interest groups. Why pass any legislation when it’s proven more effective to use it as wedge issues to pander for votes. The people get screwed because we are not a priority. Almost every politician knows that keeping us divided works to their advantage.
One of the reasons I'm for term limits. These people would not behave the same way if they weren't in constant base ass-kissing/re-election mode.

I wonder about the people in the parties, though, and if they really do think that one day they'll "win" and just have total control.

What is going to happen if your side gives up every time it's elected, but the other side pushes through? That should answer the question.

Peaceful separation is what we should be aiming for, but the parasitical left won't ever allow it. So it looks like a civil war as the gap widens.

What is going to happen if your side gives up every time it's elected, but the other side pushes through? That should answer the question.

Peaceful separation is what we should be aiming for, but the parasitical left won't ever allow it. So it looks like a civil war as the gap widens.
So at the end of this civil war, are you expecting to have things all your way, through some kind of surrender?

What will that look like?

It is because of the division that this can happen. The more we are divided, the easier we are to control. Fear is used to keep us divided, both sides are told the other side is the devil himself and must be destroyed.

Then the leaders of the two sides sit back behind closed doors and laugh their asses off at the sheep.

Getting along is way overrated. Rural and urban will never have the same interests, needs and wants. It is Ridiculous to even try to get along....

The solution is for every citizen and politician to be committed to preserving liberty above all else.

That will never happen, because we are a nation of spoiled little children.

The next solution is war.

Getting along is way overrated. Rural and urban will never have the same interests, needs and wants. It is Ridiculous to even try to get along....

Yet those rural and urban areas came together and gave us the Constitution. Lucky for all of us our founding fathers were not as ignorant as you.

That's because it's not particularly relevant to the point.

Do you think that one day you'll "win" and have everything your way from then on?

what do you mean by winning???

and the constitution should always be relevant when discussing politics,,,
I don't know, and that's why I'm asking.

Are you trying to win something, or would you rather see agreement and collaboration between the two "sides"?

So at the end of this civil war, are you expecting to have things all your way, through some kind of surrender?

What will that look like?

I am saying that is where we are heading towards. How would it look like? Well presumably after the war there would be a separation, or a new constitution. One country that looks more like Mexico and a other like America.. Who knows...

It is because of the division that this can happen. The more we are divided, the easier we are to control. Fear is used to keep us divided, both sides are told the other side is the devil himself and must be destroyed.

Then the leaders of the two sides sit back behind closed doors and laugh their asses off at the sheep.
That is why single term limits would eliminate the clown show.

The solution is for every citizen and politician to be committed to preserving liberty above all else.

That will never happen, because we are a nation of spoiled little children.

The next solution is war.

Okay, so if your "side" wins the "war", does that mean that you'll have everything your way?

Will your opposition be dead?

That's because it's not particularly relevant to the point.

Do you think that one day you'll "win" and have everything your way from then on?

what do you mean by winning???

and the constitution should always be relevant when discussing politics,,,
I don't know, and that's why I'm asking.

Are you trying to win something, or would you rather see agreement and collaboration between the two "sides"?

that depends on what they are agreeing and collaborating on,,,,

again the constitution is relevant in any discussion they have,,,

Yet those rural and urban areas came together and gave us the Constitution. Lucky for all of us our founding fathers were not as ignorant as you.
And the reason they came together and gave us the Constitution is because they were all committed to LIBERTY!!!

Forum List

Back