Trump foreign policy adviser urges sanctions on ICC officials after meeting Netanyahu

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
The United States should slap sanctions on International Criminal Court officials who seek an arrest warrant for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a top foreign policy adviser to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says.
Robert O’Brien, who served as Trump’s fourth and final national security adviser, made the comments in a Jerusalem interview with Reuters after meeting Netanyahu and other Israeli officials during a multi-day visit to the US ally.
O’Brien, who says Trump would be briefed on the results of the trip, discusses what he called the ICC’s “irrational decision” to issue a warrant for Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, along with three Palestinian Hamas leaders, in his meetings with the Israeli officials.

“We can sanction the bank accounts, the travel. We can put visa restrictions on these corrupt prosecutors and judges. We can show some real mettle here,” O’Brien tells Reuters from Jerusalem.

O’Brien is joined by former US Ambassador to the UAE John Rakolta and former Ambassador to Switzerland Ed McMullen.

The trip is a rare case of Trump allies traveling abroad as part of an organized delegation to meet foreign officials.

Go Donald!

Trump shouldn't delve into this ICC bs. Focus on America. Bibi will never be arrested just as Putin hasn't been.

When it involves discussing international affairs, Trump should focus on telling the world "if I were president these wars would not have started". Focus on reminding people that America will have its allies backs as long as they hold up their end of the bargain.

Reagan was a staunch capitalist who hated the human right abuses of Communists. Trump can win over the libertarian crowd and it is amazing to me that more politicians don't embrace this as I believe Americans are in their core libertarians. This far right stuff is for losers. If he wants to lose again he will focus on this garbage instead of protecting a libertarian base that is found on both sides of the aisle. The far right voters are all voting Trump he has little to benefit by wooing them.

Trump shouldn't delve into this ICC bs. Focus on America. Bibi will never be arrested just as Putin hasn't been.

When it involves discussing international affairs, Trump should focus on telling the world "if I were president these wars would not have started". Focus on reminding people that America will have its allies backs as long as they hold up their end of the bargain.

Reagan was a staunch capitalist who hated the human right abuses of Communists. Trump can win over the libertarian crowd and it is amazing to me that more politicians don't embrace this as I believe Americans are in their core libertarians. This far right stuff is for losers. If he wants to lose again he will focus on this garbage instead of protecting a libertarian base that is found on both sides of the aisle. The far right voters are all voting Trump he has little to benefit by wooing them.
The American Service-Members' Protection Act (ASPA, Title 2 of Pub. L.Tooltip Public Law (United States) 107–206 (text) (PDF), H.R. 4775, 116 Stat. 820, enacted August 2, 2002), known informally as The Hague Invasion Act, is a United States federal law described as "a bill to protect United States military personnel and other elected and appointed officials of the United States government against criminal prosecution by an international criminal court to which the United States is not party."[1] The text of the Act has been codified as subchapter II of chapter 81 of title 22, United States Code.

The Act gives the president power to use "all means necessary and appropriate to bring about the release of any U.S. or allied personnel being detained or imprisoned by, on behalf of, or at the request of the International Criminal Court".[2]

Clearly in 2002 the Congress decided it was in America's interests to protect its allies from the ICC.

These arrest warrants, which have been requested by the prosecutor but not issued, are a gross are a gross abuse of power and a threat in principle to the sovereignty of every nation, and clearly the prosecutor who requested them is both morally and ethically unfit to serve in his position.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
The United States should slap sanctions on International Criminal Court officials who seek an arrest warrant for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a top foreign policy adviser to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says.
I agree.

enough popcorn.jpg

Certainly the Canuck agrees?
1716554346120.png

Forum List

Back