How Bob Gates’s memoir could haunt Hillary in 2016

Like President Bush answered for 9-11.

Before you say it. We'd need the Government to release all the Presidential Daily briefings from the summer of 2001. I think we need a real investigation to the massive security failures that led to the gravest terrorist attack on US Soil in history. You know, ones where the witnesses testify under oath!
Really? HIS fault it happened? Try Clinton...

Idiot.

President Clinton gets the blame for doing nothing after the USS Cole was attacked.

President Bush gets the blame for ignoring multiple CIA warnings about the al Qaeda threat, choosing instead to focus on Iraq and a strategic missile defense to protect us from rogue nations.

In both cases the "Fault" for the attacks lies with al Qaeda, not the President.

The State Department gets the blame for not implementing recommended security protocols at the Behghazi Consulate building.

Still the fault for that attack falls on the men who carried it out. I hope we can find them and blow the shit out of them, soon.

Far left propaganda!

President Clinton gets the blame for doing nothing after the USS Cole was attacked.

President Bush gets the blame for ignoring multiple CIA warnings about the al Qaeda threat, choosing instead to focus on Iraq and a strategic missile defense to protect us from rogue nations.

In both cases the "Fault" for the attacks lies with al Qaeda, not the President.

The State Department gets the blame for not implementing recommended security protocols at the Behghazi Consulate building.

Still the fault for that attack falls on the men who carried it out. I hope we can find them and blow the shit out of them, soon.

Don't for get the CIA who obviously didn't adequately warn us about the attacks. Or they allowed the administration to ignore the warnings. That is why I have a problem with the drone program and who picks the targets.

They say their warnings were ignored and marginalized by members of the Bush Administration. I call on the Feds to declassify and release all the PDB from 2001. Then we will know.

9-11 truther propaganda!

As we all know this won't hurt Hillary at all. What difference does it make? But do remember this is a democrat making the allegations not Glen Beck.

How Bob Gates?s memoir could haunt Hillary in 2016

In a new memoir of his time as secretary of defense in the Obama administration, Gates writes: “Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”

You think Bush would appoint a Democrat for Secretary Of Defense?

That would be like hiring an ex-con to be a bank teller.

Really? HIS fault it happened? Try Clinton...

Idiot.

Far left propaganda!

Are you saying Clinton did something after the USS Cole bombing?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the-bush-white-house-was-deaf-to-9-11-warnings.html?_r=0

Then what do you claim was the Bush administrations' foreign policy focus pre 9-11?

Don't for get the CIA who obviously didn't adequately warn us about the attacks. Or they allowed the administration to ignore the warnings. That is why I have a problem with the drone program and who picks the targets.

They say their warnings were ignored and marginalized by members of the Bush Administration. I call on the Feds to declassify and release all the PDB from 2001. Then we will know.

9-11 truther propaganda!

Truther's believe the Bush Administration somehow secretly carried out the attacks.

My opinion is that it was their incompetence coupled with arrogance that allow us to be sucker punched like that.

Are you a parrot?

As we all know this won't hurt Hillary at all. What difference does it make? But do remember this is a democrat making the allegations not Glen Beck.

How Bob Gates?s memoir could haunt Hillary in 2016

In a new memoir of his time as secretary of defense in the Obama administration, Gates writes: “Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”

Yeah--this is fairly bad for both Obama and Hillary:

In a new memoir, former defense secretary Robert Gates unleashes harsh judgments about President Obama’s leadership and his commitment to the Afghanistan war, writing that by early 2010 he had concluded the president “doesn’t believe in his own strategy, and doesn’t consider the war to be his. For him, it’s all about getting out.”

Leveling one of the more serious charges that a defense secretary could make against a commander in chief sending forces into combat, Gates asserts that Obama had more than doubts about the course he had charted in Afghanistan. The president was “skeptical if not outright convinced it would fail,” Gates writes in “Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War.”

“All too early in the [Obama] administration,” he writes, “suspicion and distrust of senior military officers by senior White House officials — including the president and vice president — became a big problem for me as I tried to manage the relationship between the commander in chief and his military leaders.”

Gates offers a catalogue of various meetings, based in part on notes that he and his aides made at the time, including an exchange between Obama and then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that he calls “remarkable.”

He writes: “Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”

Of course it was for POLITICS! When isn't it? I just wonder when Hillary's book will be coming out? But--I imagine the onslaught and tell all's are coming.

Last edited:

9-11 truther propaganda!

Truther's believe the Bush Administration somehow secretly carried out the attacks.

My opinion is that it was their incompetence coupled with arrogance that allow us to be sucker punched like that.

Are you a parrot?

Of course, it's all BOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHH's fault. The fact that Clinton let bin Laden escape 3 times had nothing to do with it. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHH was warned, don't ya know. Some low leve advisor said something bad was gonna happen sometime and somewhere, so BOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH should have known.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. That's actually what liberal turds believe.

Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard A. Clarke

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Richard A. Clarke

Richard clarke.jpg

Clarke in October 2007

Born
Richard Alan Clarke
October 27, 1950 (age 63)
Dorchester, Massachusetts, U.S.

Nationality
American

Citizenship
United States

Education
Master's Degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Alma mater
University of Pennsylvania

Occupation
Counter-terrorism expert/analyst
Author

Notable work(s)

Against All Enemies

The Scorpion's Gate, Breakpoint

Political party
Republican

Website

http://www.richardaclarke.net/[dead link]

Richard Alan Clarke[1] (born October 27, 1950) is the former National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism for the United States.

Clarke worked for the State Department during the presidency of Ronald Reagan.[2] In 1992, President George H.W. Bush appointed him to chair the Counter-terrorism Security Group and to a seat on the United States National Security Council. President Bill Clinton retained Clarke and in 1998 promoted him to be the National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism, the chief counter-terrorism adviser on the National Security Council. Under President George W. Bush, Clarke initially continued in the same position, but the position was no longer given cabinet-level access. He later became the Special Advisor to the President on cybersecurity. Clarke left the Bush administration in 2003.

Clarke came to widespread public attention for his role as counter-terrorism czar in the Clinton and Bush administrations in March 2004, when he appeared on the 60 Minutes television news magazine, released his memoir about his service in government, Against All Enemies, and testified before the 9/11 Commission. In all three instances, Clarke was sharply critical of the Bush administration's attitude toward counter-terrorism before the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and of the decision to go to war with Iraq. Following Clarke's strong criticisms of the Bush administration, Bush administration officials and other Republicans attempted to discredit him or rebut his criticisms, making Clarke a controversial figure.

9-11 truther propaganda!

Are you a parrot?

Of course, it's all BOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHH's fault. The fact that Clinton let bin Laden escape 3 times had nothing to do with it. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHH was warned, don't ya know. Some low leve advisor said something bad was gonna happen sometime and somewhere, so BOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH should have known.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. That's actually what liberal turds believe.

Yore a moroonie!

>President Clinton gets the blame for doing nothing after the USS Cole was attacked.

>President Bush gets the blame for ignoring multiple CIA warnings about the al Qaeda threat, choosing instead to focus on Iraq and a strategic missile defense to protect us from rogue nations.

>In both cases the "Fault" for the attacks lies with al Qaeda, not the President.

>The State Department gets the blame for not implementing recommended security protocols at the Behghazi Consulate building.

>Still the fault for that attack falls on the men who carried it out. I hope we can find them and blow the shit out of them, soon.

Release the 2001 PDBs. Then we'll know.

I guess it is your opinion that it was all Clintons fault?

How Bob Gates’s memoir could haunt Hillary in 2016

It can't. But Christie will beat her anyway.

Who says? If the CIA then they just could be playing CYA. I will bet money that every day there is a warning about something somewhere unnamed that is gonna happen. The shoe bomber we were never warned about nor the first Twin Tower attack. So no, I don't believe "THEY."

well he did ignore the top terror expert right up until 911

What terror expert told Bush that Muslims were going to take over four commercial airliners and fly them into tall buildings? Names please. To think that Bush knew and ignored the warning is just plain sick. To think that of anyone is just plain sick. I don't believe Obama knew the danger those in Benghazi were in if he had he would have removed them.

well he did ignore the top terror expert right up until 911

What terror expert told Bush that Muslims were going to take over four commercial airliners and fly them into tall buildings? Names please. To think that Bush knew and ignored the warning is just plain sick. To think that of anyone is just plain sick. I don't believe Obama knew the danger those in Benghazi were in if he had he would have removed them.

It is not sick, it is just a sign of the time. I think that the real thing everyone glosses over is that such warnings were nothing more than evidence that the terrorists might be striking us with one of their big plans. You have to understand exactly how little that meant before 9-11 though. I fail to understand what actions they actually thought Bush should have undergone? The reality is that no one really understood the real threat that such groups posed.

We could not go into any drastic actions, at the time reasonable actions against terrorist threats were extremely low. Today, post 9-11, we have a completely different understanding of the stakes involved. The concept that Bush was supposed to listen to some warning about possible terrorist actions in a completely disproportionate way that the previous dozen presidents or anyone in the government for the past 50 years is just plain silly.

It was terrible BUT it was a learning experience. Terrorism is no longer something that happens over ‘there’ to other people that we know nothing about or don’t understand the ramifications.

Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard A. Clarke

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Richard A. Clarke

Richard clarke.jpg

Clarke in October 2007

Born
Richard Alan Clarke
October 27, 1950 (age 63)
Dorchester, Massachusetts, U.S.

Nationality
American

Citizenship
United States

Education
Master's Degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Alma mater
University of Pennsylvania

Occupation
Counter-terrorism expert/analyst
Author

Notable work(s)

Against All Enemies

The Scorpion's Gate, Breakpoint

Political party
Republican

Website

http://www.richardaclarke.net/[dead link]

Richard Alan Clarke[1] (born October 27, 1950) is the former National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism for the United States.

Clarke worked for the State Department during the presidency of Ronald Reagan.[2] In 1992, President George H.W. Bush appointed him to chair the Counter-terrorism Security Group and to a seat on the United States National Security Council. President Bill Clinton retained Clarke and in 1998 promoted him to be the National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism, the chief counter-terrorism adviser on the National Security Council. Under President George W. Bush, Clarke initially continued in the same position, but the position was no longer given cabinet-level access. He later became the Special Advisor to the President on cybersecurity. Clarke left the Bush administration in 2003.

Clarke came to widespread public attention for his role as counter-terrorism czar in the Clinton and Bush administrations in March 2004, when he appeared on the 60 Minutes television news magazine, released his memoir about his service in government, Against All Enemies, and testified before the 9/11 Commission. In all three instances, Clarke was sharply critical of the Bush administration's attitude toward counter-terrorism before the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and of the decision to go to war with Iraq. Following Clarke's strong criticisms of the Bush administration, Bush administration officials and other Republicans attempted to discredit him or rebut his criticisms, making Clarke a controversial figure.

What do you imagine this propaganda proves?

Are you a parrot?

Yore a moroonie!

>President Clinton gets the blame for doing nothing after the USS Cole was attacked.

>President Bush gets the blame for ignoring multiple CIA warnings about the al Qaeda threat, choosing instead to focus on Iraq and a strategic missile defense to protect us from rogue nations.

What "warnings" did he get that he could do anything about? Please be specific. Quote the warning exactly, and detail exactly what Bush should have done.

New Topics

Forum List

Back