Help me understand something about Black culture / behaviors/ beliefs?

Look white boy, I'm black and I'm telling YOU what's what. You have no argument or talk back to give me. Just listen and maybe you will learn the error of how you think about black people.

Asclepias I am not trying to be insulting to you. If I'm wrong tell me how or why but stop telling me that I haven't got a clue because I'm not black. You seem to know an awful lot about whites for someone who isn't white.

Did you see my post about being in college with young blacks and they couldn't even stand up in front of a class and give a speech? They still passed the class so consider that these college graduates are going out on interviews and can hardly speak english. I'm not kidding.

Maybe this isn't the case anymore? I mean that was the 1990's. Have inner city blacks learned to speak in the last 20 years? I am going to guess and say this problem still exists.

You really need to stop using a small number example to make these declarations. I was in speech classes where whites were too scared to stand up and speak. So what? You keep trying to believe you have something to say that we blacks need to listen to. You don't.
I’m trying to show some things are on your people not a behavior whites have to change.

Yes a lot of whites don’t get jobs because they don’t interview well too. But they don’t leave thinking the problem is racism.

I believe a few weeks ago you showed me that college educated blacks had a harder time finding jobs. I’m simply pointing out the ability to communicate intelligently isn’t being pushed in the ghettos. In fact you guys are arguing you shouldn’t have to change.

Either you’re being intellectually dishonest or you’ve never been to a ghetto. I went to college with black kids from flint saginaw and Detroit. I remember my boy ephrum never knew any whites but first semester we were buddies. Second semester the brothers got a hold of him and suddenly he had a chip on his shoulder. He was suddenly hyper sensitive about race.

You guys need to let it go. Try a new approach

I've been to ghettos. You are the dishonest one. The 3 backs you went to college with are not every black person. There are no chips n shoulders. The brothers didn't do anything. You showed yourself just like you are here and he got tired of it. That's usually what happens.

What I am saying to you is that you are not telling me anything and that your stereotypes are 99 percent false. Blacks are not having a hard time being hired because we can't speak properly. The study that shows how black sounding names written on resumes don't get interviews shows your assumption to be false on it's fucking face. .I say what I do as a black man and you keep arguing with me using more stereotypes about blacks. We don't need to listen to what whites have to tell us. OK? You whites are where you are through years of legislation that provided your asses advantages. And that includes Greeks. You didn't get where you are because all of you can speak proper English or how you wear your clothing. Get it? So like I said, I am black, you have no talk back or suggestions for me. You need to listen and that's all you need to be doing.

So you let it go white boy. You do not have a m- fucking thing to suggest to me that I need to do as a black man or to teach other blacks that we need to do.
When Sealy kicks your ass, you're in terrible shape.

Blacks are even losing us liberals. Even we are growing tired of their excuses.

But that is what we are saying. White people are hiring blacks who speak Ebonics. We’re trying to point out some of the things black people could do to improve their job prospects. We have Southerners the same advice. If you don’t want to take it then remain poor.
Thats ok if they hire Blacks that speak Ebonics. They should make sure they also speak standard english if they are going to be interacting with the public. I tell Black people that all the time and I am far from the only one. I speak both but my preference is Ebonics. What I dont like is the tendency for whites and uncle toms to label Ebonics as ignorance. Thats like telling Asian people that speaking their language is ignorance.
What do you say about the bad black employee or neighbor who sues for racism when he or she is fired or evicted?

This is why some white people are skeptical when blacks cry racism? You say we dont know because we aren’t black well I can tell you my horrible neighbor wasn’t evicted because of racism but we had to get a lawyer.

I’m sure he was sure it was racism just like you’re sure. But he was wrong
I say more power to them. If they experienced racism while being a bad employee then they should sue. The problem is that unless they have proof they wont win. So short of the person that fired them admitting to racism there is no way they could win.

How do you know your neighbor wasnt evicted because of racism and why did you have to get an attorney?
According to you every black experiences racism every time they walk outside. They just have to prove it. If you’re on the jury we know you’d be fair. Lol

Now blackish is on shhh

Turn black then tell us what we experience,

You don't know what it's like to be white listening to ignorant blacks make the same 30 year old excuses. Your ghetto communities haven't advanced at all since the 70's. Most have taken a step backward.

Luckily Trump is president now and crime went down last year.

Good news: America’s crime and murder rates are down this year

Good news in a bad jobs report: Wages going up

U.S. unemployment rate remains low in strong jobs report

Well there you have it folks...Blacks continuously bitch and cry about inequality, oppression and lack of opportunity yet they refuse to make a change....they say, “fuck the world, we’re going to continue doing what we do...it’s the world that’s fucked up...not us.”
Reputations are built on actions. Say that 1,000 times and report back please.

Have you ever thought that whites might just need to be the ones who change?

Whitey you have a 400 year reputation of racism. Say that 1,000 times and report that.

This nation elected a black President in favor of a white opponent.
How could anyone sane and not looking to hold onto an excuse for failure honestly believe that racism is still vast and prevalent?
Only a retarded monkey like you would think there is no racism because less than 44% of whites voted for Obama.

You fucking moron! That leaves a 56% majority of whites that are primarily racist. :)

Oh I see....your Neanderthal peanut brain has to believe that any white who didn’t vote for the Black dude HAS to be motivated by racism.
So what’s up with the 93% of Blacks that voted for the Black dude?
Racist fuckin Nigerians!

Hw about the 67 plus percent of Hispanics, 62 percent of Asians or the 68 percent of native Americans, pacific islanders, etc, who voted for Obama? .Were they racists too?

55 percent of all Whites voted for McCain even though he wanted to expand the war to Iran and continue the implementation of policies that created an economic collapse. Why?

You see white man, when we talk about racism it's because we have experienced it and can see it. You just blurt out the word as a defensive mechanism because you are white and racist so you want to try making comparisons where they don't exist to deny what you are. .

You just made a false connection. Do you think all the people who voted for McCain were racist? And racism was all of their motives? Or do these people always vote Republican? Chances are the people who voted for McCain voted for Bush over Clinton and Bush over Gore and Reagan over Carter. Had nothing to do with being white. Now you are assuming the same people who voted in 2008 for McCain did so because they are racist?

But that is what we are saying. White people are hiring blacks who speak Ebonics. We’re trying to point out some of the things black people could do to improve their job prospects. We have Southerners the same advice. If you don’t want to take it then remain poor.
Thats ok if they hire Blacks that speak Ebonics. They should make sure they also speak standard english if they are going to be interacting with the public. I tell Black people that all the time and I am far from the only one. I speak both but my preference is Ebonics. What I dont like is the tendency for whites and uncle toms to label Ebonics as ignorance. Thats like telling Asian people that speaking their language is ignorance.
What do you say about the bad black employee or neighbor who sues for racism when he or she is fired or evicted?

This is why some white people are skeptical when blacks cry racism? You say we dont know because we aren’t black well I can tell you my horrible neighbor wasn’t evicted because of racism but we had to get a lawyer.

I say more power to them. If they experienced racism while being a bad employee then they should sue. The problem is that unless they have proof they wont win. So short of the person that fired them admitting to racism there is no way they could win.

How do you know your neighbor wasnt evicted because of racism and why did you have to get an attorney?
According to you every black experiences racism every time they walk outside. They just have to prove it. If you’re on the jury we know you’d be fair. Lol

Now blackish is on shhh

Turn black then tell us what we experience,

I can't tell you what it's like to be black but I do know when someone is being a victim instead of an owner

Well there you have it folks...Blacks continuously bitch and cry about inequality, oppression and lack of opportunity yet they refuse to make a change....they say, “fuck the world, we’re going to continue doing what we do...it’s the world that’s fucked up...not us.”
Reputations are built on actions. Say that 1,000 times and report back please.

Have you ever thought that whites might just need to be the ones who change?

Whitey you have a 400 year reputation of racism. Say that 1,000 times and report that.

This nation elected a black President in favor of a white opponent.
How could anyone sane and not looking to hold onto an excuse for failure honestly believe that racism is still vast and prevalent?
Only a retarded monkey like you would think there is no racism because less than 44% of whites voted for Obama.

You fucking moron! That leaves a 56% majority of whites that are primarily racist. :)

Oh I see....your Neanderthal peanut brain has to believe that any white who didn’t vote for the Black dude HAS to be motivated by racism.
So what’s up with the 93% of Blacks that voted for the Black dude?
Racist fuckin Nigerians!

Hw about the 67 plus percent of Hispanics, 62 percent of Asians or the 68 percent of native Americans, pacific islanders, etc, who voted for Obama? .Were they racists too?

55 percent of all Whites voted for McCain even though he wanted to expand the war to Iran and continue the implementation of policies that created an economic collapse. Why?

You see white man, when we talk about racism it's because we have experienced it and can see it. You just blurt out the word as a defensive mechanism because you are white and racist so you want to try making comparisons where they don't exist to deny what you are. .

Hw about the 67 plus percent of Hispanics, 62 percent of Asians or the 68 percent of native Americans, pacific islanders, etc, who voted for Obama? .Were they racists too?”

ABSOLUTELY.....All minorities hate Whitey...you know this...I get it....I sometimes dislike people I envy as well. Whitey sets the bar high...and makes filth look bad...filth hates to be compared and judged...I get that too. Shit, if Whitey was as illegitimate as minorities...minority filth wouldn’t stand out like the sore thumb they do...right? Minorities only love Whitey on the 1st and the 15th when they get that Whitey funded welfare check.

55 percent of all Whites voted for McCain even though he wanted to expand the war to Iran and continue the implementation of policies that created an economic collapse. Why?”

THINK for once Negro....this one isn’t complicated, only a third grade education is required....50+% of whites are Republican...wouldn’t it make sense that they vote Republican?

I can’t figure out why it pains you people to admit the only true racists in this nation these days are minorities. It was you people that voted on race alone as the Demographics clearly PROVE....it’s you people who rape and kill Whitey...it’s you people who insist on breathing life into racism over and over again.
the-racial-divide-between-democratic-and-republican-voters-was-clear.jpg

Last edited:
I'm of Irish and Russian background. I am a light pink with blue eyes. I voted for President Obama twice. I stood on a corner on election day holding a sign encouraging motorists to vote for him. This lumping of all persons of a particular racial/ethnic/religious background, and all persons of a particular gender together has got to stop. Otherwise, I might have to issue my list of what straight, white, "conservative" males ought, or must do.
I fondly recall that a white, straight, talented, Christian man, Bruce Springsteen, went on the campaign road with President Obama. He didn't have to do this, but his love of the U.S., its values, and it's people shown through.
As a "white" person, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the orange pervert in the Oval Office to STFU. He clearly is a person who does not hold to the same values that we Americans hold dear.
Too bad you were in the minority of whites that voted for Obama. These clowns that keep saying whites as a group are not racist are idiots when a majority of whites did not vote for Obama.

Now blackish is on shhh
You did the white boy deflect again and didnt even come close to addressing my post. :laugh:

I remember one day he woke me up and said, "hey man, you need to ride me to the store" I said, "man I was up late and I'm still sleeping, sorry" and he got MAD!!! As if I was obligated to do whatever the fuck he asked me to do? He said "that's bullshit man you're an asshole" and I said, "oh so I'm cool as long as I do whatever you ask but the second I say no to something I'm an asshole? Man, FUCK YOU" and then I got into fighting stance. He said, "oh you want to fight me?" I said "if you come over here fucking with me again like this I'll beat your fucking ass. Don't bother me anymore ok?"

The thing about guys like this is they are shameless. The next day he acted like nothing happened. Why? Because he may need me for something again in the future. I certainly didn't need shit from him. I befriended him because I'm a nice guy/sucker.
He sounds like someone no one has any use for....even other Black people. Did he end up paying court costs when he couldnt prove he was discriminated against?

I'm of Irish and Russian background. I am a light pink with blue eyes. I voted for President Obama twice. I stood on a corner on election day holding a sign encouraging motorists to vote for him. This lumping of all persons of a particular racial/ethnic/religious background, and all persons of a particular gender together has got to stop. Otherwise, I might have to issue my list of what straight, white, "conservative" males ought, or must do.
I fondly recall that a white, straight, talented, Christian man, Bruce Springsteen, went on the campaign road with President Obama. He didn't have to do this, but his love of the U.S., its values, and it's people shown through.
As a "white" person, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the orange pervert in the Oval Office to STFU. He clearly is a person who does not hold to the same values that we Americans hold dear.
Too bad you were in the minority of whites that voted for Obama. These clowns that keep saying whites as a group are not racist are idiots when a majority of whites did not vote for Obama.
I didn't vote as a "white," I voted as an American. Good grief! I have no problem with saying that some, perhaps, many European-descended Americans did not vote for President Obama because they are racist because, yes, they are. I also have no problem with saying that there are some, perhaps a great deal, of male voters who did not vote for Clinton because she is female. Everyone must look inside and examine their own souls as per the actions that they took in the voting booth.

Now blackish is on shhh
You did the white boy deflect again and didnt even come close to addressing my post. :laugh:

I remember one day he woke me up and said, "hey man, you need to ride me to the store" I said, "man I was up late and I'm still sleeping, sorry" and he got MAD!!! As if I was obligated to do whatever the fuck he asked me to do? He said "that's bullshit man you're an asshole" and I said, "oh so I'm cool as long as I do whatever you ask but the second I say no to something I'm an asshole? Man, FUCK YOU" and then I got into fighting stance. He said, "oh you want to fight me?" I said "if you come over here fucking with me again like this I'll beat your fucking ass. Don't bother me anymore ok?"

The thing about guys like this is they are shameless. The next day he acted like nothing happened. Why? Because he may need me for something again in the future. I certainly didn't need shit from him. I befriended him because I'm a nice guy/sucker.
He sounds like someone no one has any use for....even other Black people. Did he end up paying court costs when he couldnt prove he was discriminated against?
I don’t serve on the board so don’t know what he ultimately didn’t pay. He was behind on monthly dues and never paid fines. Now we just fine the shit out of whoever the homeowner is.

See you don’t know what it’s like to be a good white dealing with a bad black.

I didn't vote as a "white," I voted as an American. Good grief! I have no problem with saying that some, perhaps, many European-descended Americans did not vote for President Obama because they are racist because, yes, they are. I also have no problem with saying that there are some, perhaps a great deal, of male voters who did not vote for Clinton because she is female. Everyone must look inside and examine their own souls as per the actions that they took in the voting booth.

True. You not a racist. As for me I thank you for how you stand up to the racists here when you really don't have to. Thank you.

Look white boy, I'm black and I'm telling YOU what's what. You have no argument or talk back to give me. Just listen and maybe you will learn the error of how you think about black people.

Asclepias I am not trying to be insulting to you. If I'm wrong tell me how or why but stop telling me that I haven't got a clue because I'm not black. You seem to know an awful lot about whites for someone who isn't white.

Did you see my post about being in college with young blacks and they couldn't even stand up in front of a class and give a speech? They still passed the class so consider that these college graduates are going out on interviews and can hardly speak english. I'm not kidding.

Maybe this isn't the case anymore? I mean that was the 1990's. Have inner city blacks learned to speak in the last 20 years? I am going to guess and say this problem still exists.

You really need to stop using a small number example to make these declarations. I was in speech classes where whites were too scared to stand up and speak. So what? You keep trying to believe you have something to say that we blacks need to listen to. You don't.
I’m trying to show some things are on your people not a behavior whites have to change.

Yes a lot of whites don’t get jobs because they don’t interview well too. But they don’t leave thinking the problem is racism.

I believe a few weeks ago you showed me that college educated blacks had a harder time finding jobs. I’m simply pointing out the ability to communicate intelligently isn’t being pushed in the ghettos. In fact you guys are arguing you shouldn’t have to change.

Either you’re being intellectually dishonest or you’ve never been to a ghetto. I went to college with black kids from flint saginaw and Detroit. I remember my boy ephrum never knew any whites but first semester we were buddies. Second semester the brothers got a hold of him and suddenly he had a chip on his shoulder. He was suddenly hyper sensitive about race.

You guys need to let it go. Try a new approach

I've been to ghettos. You are the dishonest one. The 3 backs you went to college with are not every black person. There are no chips n shoulders. The brothers didn't do anything. You showed yourself just like you are here and he got tired of it. That's usually what happens.

What I am saying to you is that you are not telling me anything and that your stereotypes are 99 percent false. Blacks are not having a hard time being hired because we can't speak properly. The study that shows how black sounding names written on resumes don't get interviews shows your assumption to be false on it's fucking face. .I say what I do as a black man and you keep arguing with me using more stereotypes about blacks. We don't need to listen to what whites have to tell us. OK? You whites are where you are through years of legislation that provided your asses advantages. And that includes Greeks. You didn't get where you are because all of you can speak proper English or how you wear your clothing. Get it? So like I said, I am black, you have no talk back or suggestions for me. You need to listen and that's all you need to be doing.

So you let it go white boy. You do not have a m- fucking thing to suggest to me that I need to do as a black man or to teach other blacks that we need to do.

Yes you blacks have it all figured out and you are doing everything right. Keep up the good work.

You whites damn sure don't have it figured out. Not without excessive government help.

Now blackish is on shhh

I don’t serve on the board so don’t know what he ultimately didn’t pay. He was behind on monthly dues and never paid fines. Now we just fine the shit out of whoever the homeowner is.

See you don’t know what it’s like to be a good white dealing with a bad black.

What is a good white? Because you are defining a bad black in terms if unpaid rent How about the white person who assumes things about backs then think that by their assumptions based on stereotypes they can make suggestions? When racists talk about white liberals you are exactly what they use as an example. The liberal who thinks they know more we do about being black so they suggest that because they are sympathetic to blacks that we should stay democrats even though the are just as racist as the republicans.

You call racists out on their racism, then you turn around and tell me how we blacks need to all learn to stop talking Ebonics. White racists believe we all talk Ebonics. And then when I as a black man tell you that all blacks don't do that, since you think your punk ass knows more about being black than I, and because you met 2 hood rats in Detroit, you think that you can tell me how wrong I am. You have the gall to tell me that we need to listen to the very people who put us in this situation by not allowing us equal opportunity for at east 188 years and who fight tooth and nail very day trying to erase things hat have allowed us what little chances we get now?. Are you fucking crazy? Who are you to make such suggestions? I have built 3 businesses and I have to take suggestions from your punk ass? No I do not.

True. You not a racist. As for me I thank you for how you stand up to the racists here when you really don't have to. Thank you.

You are so welcome. My late father, back in the 1960's, decided that he liked the then-popular saying "tell it like it is." He drove my teenage self to any religious service I wanted to go to, after I got disgusted with Roman Catholicism. Actually, his Irish Catholic self quit going to mass and just walked to the church every Sunday after mass was over and sat, meditating, so I guess he got pissed, too. I never heard him say a bad word about anyone and he never said a swear word in our house. During that time, we saw how the bodies of the three civil-rights workers unearthed from the levy in Mississippi, and all the rest of the murders. Later, in high school, we were shown the pictures of the Nazi death-camps being liberated and the extent of the carnage. We had to read Native Son and watch Raisin in the Sun as part of our schooling.

My mother told me of an evening after WWII broke out, before they were married, when someone whom my father knew took them to one of NYC's finest night clubs as a send-off for my father, who was an employee of the Waldorf Astoria, going into the Army. She never quite said it, but I got the impression that this friend of my father's friend was gay, and as such, could not serve in the military and was trying to give what he could. My father, however, was a flaming heterosexual. My mother was a "bathing beauty" in the 1940's calendar style, and my father made no secret of appreciating it. When I was a little kid, they used to neck while doing the dishes. We went through some tough times, though, when my older brother started showing signs of mental illness and someone at school got him involved with right-wing hate groups and he brought anti-Jewish and anti-black crap into our house, my house. Eventually, it was up to me to remove his guns from the house and have him arrested (on advise of counsel), and get him into treatment.

I guess what I learned from all of this is that you have to love and care for your fellow human beings, you have to allow everyone to tell the stories of their own lives, and you have to stand by the truth.

You are so welcome. My late father, back in the 1960's, decided that he liked the then-popular saying "tell it like it is." He drove my teenage self to any religious service I wanted to go to, after I got disgusted with Roman Catholicism. Actually, his Irish Catholic self quit going to mass and just walked to the church every Sunday after mass was over and sat, meditating, so I guess he got pissed, too. I never heard him say a bad word about anyone and he never said a swear word in our house. During that time, we saw how the bodies of the three civil-rights workers unearthed from the levy in Mississippi, and all the rest of the murders. Later, in high school, we were shown the pictures of the Nazi death-camps being liberated and the extent of the carnage. We had to read Native Son and watch Raisin in the Sun as part of our schooling.

My mother told me of an evening after WWII broke out, before they were married, when someone whom my father knew took them to one of NYC's finest night clubs as a send-off for my father, who was an employee of the Waldorf Astoria, going into the Army. She never quite said it, but I got the impression that this friend of my father's friend was gay, and as such, could not serve in the military and was trying to give what he could. My father, however, was a flaming heterosexual. My mother was a "bathing beauty" in the 1940's calendar style, and my father made no secret of appreciating it. When I was a little kid, they used to neck while doing the dishes. We went through some tough times, though, when my older brother started showing signs of mental illness and someone at school got him involved with right-wing hate groups and he brought anti-Jewish and anti-black crap into our house, my house. Eventually, it was up to me to remove his guns from the house and have him arrested (on advise of counsel), and get him into treatment.

I guess what I learned from all of this is that you have to love and care for your fellow human beings, you have to allow everyone to tell the stories of their own lives, and you have to stand by the truth.

Amen.

Amen.
Thanks. Maybe my post was TMI, but you've got to get your guts from somewhere. Just one more tidbit because I'm remembering Dad today. I'm 15. I've gone to an anti-war candle-light vigil in the town square without permission. I'm standing there silently holding a candle. Who comes walking by but my Dad, who never took the car anywhere that he could have walked. I thought "Oh shit. Here it comes." He walked wordlessly by me, giving me the "thumbs up." God bless him and I hope he is in Heaven and I will meet him there. There is so much unsong virtue in this world.

Amen.
Thanks. Maybe my post was TMI, but you've got to get your guts from somewhere. Just one more tidbit because I'm remembering Dad today. I'm 15. I've gone to an anti-war candle-light vigil in the town square without permission. I'm standing there silently holding a candle. Who comes walking by but my Dad, who never took the car anywhere that he could have walked. I thought "Oh shit. Here it comes." He walked wordlessly by me, giving me the "thumbs up." God bless him and I hope he is in Heaven and I will meet him there. There is so much unsong virtue in this world.

Not a problem. Your dad was a good man. And perfection is not required for heaven or none of us get to go.

Amen.

Not a problem. Your dad was a good man. And perfection is not required for heaven or none of us get to go.
Thank you. The best human beings are the ones who never get to speak in public or become yapping politicians. I bet there are similar people in your family, who just soldiered on through life, living their solid values every day without fanfare, even when life got tough. These are the unsung people who keep humanity going. These are the people we have to emulate. Wishing you, as Springsteen wrote, all the blessings that Heaven will allow.

Forum List

Back