Gun rights are necessary - gun obsession is not

Back in the 1970 time frame I had a chance to buy two sequentially numbered .44 Auto Mag pistols. The two would have cost me around $500. If I would have put both in a safety deposit box and never fired them they would be worth a small fortune today.

I looked up the price of a used .44 Auto Mag pistol in very good condition and it sold for $3,750.

Unfortunately I was married and my wife at the time would have likely divorced me if I would have bought those two pistols.

As I look back on it today, I should have bought the pistols. I would have saved myself a lot of grief.

View attachment 667389
Beautiful gun. Since the USSC spoke I have been looking at all gun pix with an eye to how well it would fit in my purse.

The classes here in Maryland for concealed carry are already all filled up and closed: I knew that would happen. As soon as they take off any gun ban or threaten guns, the countermove is always huge. Tells us something. What it tells me is that no one any longer has faith that government can or will bother to protect the people. They are failing the most basic function of government, protection of the res publica from crime and invasion. We know we will have to protect ourselves.

How many fishing rods, reels, and tackle must one own to be considered obsessed with such?
How many golf clubs?
How many baseball bats and gloves?
How mnay sewing machines and fabric and patterns?
ETC ....
Wait. Wait.

You aren't saying that someone with a roomful of yarn is obsessed, are you?

Oh. My. God. :oops:

Most mass murders showed pictures of their guns before going on their killing spree. To have guns is one thing, to have to tell the world about your guns through social media to eliminate an inadequacy you have is the sign of mental illness and makes you dangerous.
Most gang members do the same, and also kill more people with their shooting actions than the "mass murders".

And the biggest danger on most highways isn't the speeders, it's the speeder/weavers that cause accidents.
Actually you are wrong, speeders and even weavers are paying attention to their driving. It’s the idiots who drive along in a daze that cause accidents. You hear statements like “oh I didn’t see him”, “I didn’t see his signal”, I didn’t know that motorcycle with the headlight on and the loud pipes was there” or the ever popular “he came out of nowhere” from the instigators of accidents all the time.

I read about those but have never shot one. Don't they have a modular barrel system (where you can change barrels to longer or shorter depending on application)?
Yes. You could interchange barrels on the Dan Wesson. I had 4”, 6” and an 8” barrels for mine.

Most mass murders showed pictures of their guns before going on their killing spree.
True --- that does seem to be happening! If not always. :oops:

However, we'd need a controlled study to tell whether that is meaningful. Lots of people may show off such a new acquisition without going out and shooting people, and some of the mass murderers, such as the guy who shot up the concert in Las Vegas, didn't show pix of his guns, and he had the highest count of all, I think.

Actually you are wrong, speeders and even weavers are paying attention to their driving. It’s the idiots who drive along in a daze that cause accidents. You hear statements like “oh I didn’t see him”, “I didn’t see his signal”, I didn’t know that motorcycle with the headlight on and the loud pipes was there” or the ever popular “he came out of nowhere” from the instigators of accidents all the time.

Those guys too, but usually those are brush and pull over accidents, a speed weaver can take out 5-6 cars at once, at high speed.

Men whose dicks don't work talk about other mens' dicks.
Or so I've heard.
Men who dicks don't work and talk about other men's not working are much safer than men whose dicks don't work and go and shoot someone.
Talk is safer than guns in all situations.

Men who dicks don't work and talk about other men's not working are much safer than men whose dicks don't work and go and shoot someone.
Talk is safer than guns in all situations.

So the guys storming Omaha Beach should have just talked to the Germans with the MG42's?

Blanket statements are often retarded.

Beautiful gun. Since the USSC spoke I have been looking at all gun pix with an eye to how well it would fit in my purse.

The classes here in Maryland for concealed carry are already all filled up and closed: I knew that would happen. As soon as they take off any gun ban or threaten guns, the countermove is always huge. Tells us something. What it tells me is that no one any longer has faith that government can or will bother to protect the people. They are failing the most basic function of government, protection of the res publica from crime and invasion. We know we will have to protect ourselves.
In today’s world the police are turning reactive not proactive. They often arrive at the crime scene just in time to put out crime scene tape and interview the witnesses.

I can’t blame them. If they make a mistake and kill an unarmed black man they may end up in prison and if they hesitate and the black man is really armed they may end up in the hospital or six feet under.

Often in a riot they end up dodging bricks, Molotov cocktails, fireworks, green lasers and sometimes bullets.

In the big blue cities they often arrest someone and he walks away scot-free without even having to post bail.

If I was a young man I would rather try to make a career flipping burgers than being a cop.

As a citizen you basically are responsible for your own protection. That‘s not really anything new.

Take a good self defense course and learn how to handle a hand gun and legally carry one if and when you can. Chances are you never will have to use what you learned in the self defense class or pull your firearm to stop an attack. However, you will likely be glad you were prepared if the shit ever does hit the fan.

Gun rights are needed for personal security, hunting, target sport and as a potential check on an over-reaching government but in today's world you will need more than guns.

But we have people in our society obsessed with guns. Their are fringe groups who define their manhood, personal safety, self-worth and protection from government over-reach strictly on guns. They seem to need guns more than air and water. They include street gangs, They include disenfranchised loners. They include left wing radicals wanting to over throw the government. They include right wing anti-government groups.

We need laws to protect us from those who are obsessed with guns and what they do with them
Our current laws protect the rights of the obsessed to have guns and do what they do with them.
Shut up . Jump on the boat with Mike Moore. Good riddance.

I used to disassemble and clean my Ruger Target pistols about once a year. I would warm up by shooting 50 rounds through the weapon every time I went to the range before shooting my other handguns. I estimate I used to go shooting 50 times a year minimum so that means I would put at least 2500 rounds through the Ruger before a thorough cleaning. After every range session I would run a patch down the barrel and swab the firing chamber and the feeding ramp.
It's just goes to show how well built they were. Minimum cleaning to keep rust at bay and they still shoot just fine.

I have never been a big fan of over-cleaning a .22's bore, they simply don't require it once the bore is seasoned.

Even my .22 match rifle bores don't get cleaned very much after the initial tear down. Maybe every 300 rounds or so.

Look up concealed carry purses. You can carry a large pistol or revolver easily in one. I personally like revolvers for concealed carry. More reliable than pistols and easy to use. In an emergency you just point and pull the trigger. No safety to remember to disengage.

1657220619177.jpeg

1657220688065.jpeg

Yep, I had one in .22LR.

You could get a 2.5" barrel in the centerfire packages.

LOL.....I always chuckled at the name "Pistol Pack" given to the revolver packages. ;)
I mostly used the 6” barrel or the 8” barrel for target shooting.

I remember the Pistol Pack. It’s a shame they stopped making revolvers. I could be wrong but I believe they now make 1911 45 auto clones.

1657221726944.jpeg

Forum List

Back