Gun rights are necessary - gun obsession is not

I mostly used the 6” barrel or the 8” barrel for target shooting.

I remember the Pistol Pack. It’s a shame they stopped making revolvers. I could be wrong but I believe they now make 1911 45 auto clones.

View attachment 667440

Yes, very high quality ones. Retail is around 2600.

ARs should have never been allowed to the public.
Here in Florida they make excellent weapons with which to hunt feral hogs.

Feral hogs are not native to America, reproduce at an amazing rate and do a lot of damage to the environment. They also are considered to be dangerous game.

Gun rights are needed for personal security, hunting, target sport and as a potential check on an over-reaching government but in today's world you will need more than guns.

But we have people in our society obsessed with guns. Their are fringe groups who define their manhood, personal safety, self-worth and protection from government over-reach strictly on guns. They seem to need guns more than air and water. They include street gangs, They include disenfranchised loners. They include left wing radicals wanting to over throw the government. They include right wing anti-government groups.

We need laws to protect us from those who are obsessed with guns and what they do with them
Our current laws protect the rights of the obsessed to have guns and do what they do with them.

Voting, and choosing a proper voting system are necessary for an over reaching government, but the US seems to have done okay without it (except for the fact that the US is a loony bin)

Sounds like California is trying to discourage you from getting a CCW. Too much time and expense.
I got through it in 2011 ( 150.00 $ for Class ) ( 150.00 $ for Sheriff ) all renewals are 65.00$ every 2 years for Class and 47.00 $ for Sheriff

Here in Florida you only have to take one class for a Concealed Weapons Permit and if you were in the military you don’t even have to take a class. I really have no idea how much the class costs now. The cost of the license is in the link below. Approval is not require from the local sheriff. A Concealed Weapons Permit also allows you to carry other weapons concealed such as a knife (while in Florida).

Florida Concealed Carry Quick Stats:​

• Permit/License: Florida Concealed Weapon License
  • Shall Issue to Residents and Non-residents
  • 21 years of age minimum
  • Valid for 7 years
  • Initial Cost is $97
  • 90-Day Processing Time
  • 35 State Permits Honored
  • 36 States Accept Florida*
  • State Population: 21,220,000
  • License Issued: 2,705,478
***snip***

How much does a Florida Concealed Weapon License cost?​

The initial fee for a Florida Concealed Weapon License for residents and non-residents is $102 which includes a $42 fingerprint processing fee and a $60 initial license fee.
Renewals for residents cost $50 and for non-residents is $92 which includes a $42 fingerprint processing fee.
The cost is $15 to obtain a revised or duplicate copy of your Florida Concealed Weapon License.
There is no $42 fingerprint processing fee for Active Florida Law Enforcement Officers. If you are a Florida Law Enforcement Officer that has retired within a year, there are no initial fees. If you have been retired for more than one year, the initial fee is $72 which includes a $40 fingerprint processing fee and a $30 initial license fee. Renewals for all retired Florida Law Enforcement Officers cost $30.
There are no charges whatsoever for active Judges.
The initial and renewal fees for a Consular Security Official are $300.

***snip***

Military training does exempt you from the training requirements when applying for a Florida Concealed Weapon License. Active duty members can submit their Common Access Card or another form of official military identification with their applications. A copy of service members’ current orders will be accepted as proof of active duty status. Honorably discharged veterans can submit a copy of their DD 214 long form with their applications.

Last edited:
Here.....a lesson....pay attention...
In most cases, an AR pistol or carbine in a major pistol caliber is a better choice for home defense than a shotgun.
Thus:

1657308310027.png

In California we must take 10 hours of Classroom and add hours of Range time where we must qualify with each Firearm on our CCW .

Right after the Supreme Court decision came down, I called License Division and asked to have my premise permit a CCW.

"Nope!"

Subsequently, the Democrats in Albany put out restrictions on 'sensitive places' where no guns allowed,....the list was basically anyplace an oxygen molecule might show up.

Forum List

Back