Gun rights are necessary - gun obsession is not

Look up concealed carry purses. You can carry a large pistol or revolver easily in one. I personally like revolvers for concealed carry. More reliable than pistols and easy to use. In an emergency you just point and pull the trigger. No safety to remember to disengage.

View attachment 667429
View attachment 667432
Who knew there were such things? Thanks again, Batcat. I had no idea.

I would take your advice about the revolver because I didn't take that kind of advice last time. I went to the gunshop and decided I would buy a little semi-automatic when No. 1, the anti-gun Dem ran off, and the guys there advised a revolver also. Humph! said I to self, MEN!!!

But it never worked well (my now husband eventually got it repaired) and I had to keep saying, "Red means ready to fire" and finally he just bought me a small revolver and really, now that I think of it, that gun is perfectly satisfactory if not glamorous if I do go to concealed carry.

So I'm feeling a little more humble about how much I don't know about this stuff and more receptive about taking advice. :)

Beautiful gun. Since the USSC spoke I have been looking at all gun pix with an eye to how well it would fit in my purse.

The classes here in Maryland for concealed carry are already all filled up and closed: I knew that would happen. As soon as they take off any gun ban or threaten guns, the countermove is always huge. Tells us something. What it tells me is that no one any longer has faith that government can or will bother to protect the people. They are failing the most basic function of government, protection of the res publica from crime and invasion. We know we will have to protect ourselves.

Purse carry is not the wisest choice........but ask your instructors about it....

Anyone who brags and intimidates about the many deadly guns they own, are dangerous. Most feel powerless and the gun is their power. That is the case for most gang members.
Sorry lad, but unless you hold the same claim for anyone whom has a hobby and "brags" about their "collection", you remain clueless and out of touch with reality.

Being an armed citizen has less to do with "feel powerless" and more to do with logical basics of self-protection in an occasional hostile world/society.

First clue is your total ignorance about how many others have a firearm for protection and to "level the odds" against those whom might be larger, stronger, and more (criminally) violent/aggressive to what they perceive as helpless victims.

Would you object to your mother, sister, wife, or other woman in your life being armed to deal with attackers?

"An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Purse carry is not the wisest choice........but ask your instructors about it....
Because someone can grab the purse. I don't even know how legal that is. Doesn't matter: all the men around here are trying to sign up: my turn for a class won't come for a couple of years the way things are going. What a bonanza for the gun shops, but hiring will be a problem for them.

Because someone can grab the purse. I don't even know how legal that is. Doesn't matter: all the men around here are trying to sign up: my turn for a class won't come for a couple of years the way things are going. What a bonanza for the gun shops, but hiring will be a problem for them.

You would be surprised......once they are allowed to teach, more people will teach the classes.......the demand will be met...

Beyond These Horizons. Most people haven't read that one, but it's well worth reading, as you probably know, very thoughtful about a society in which everyone goes armed unless they explicitly decline (ill health, mothers, etc.).

Beyond These Horizons. Most people haven't read that one, but it's well worth reading, as you probably know, very thoughtful about a society in which everyone goes armed unless they explicitly decline (ill health, mothers, etc.).
I have, and it's what was on my mind with that post.
Thanks!:thup:

Who knew there were such things? Thanks again, Batcat. I had no idea.

I would take your advice about the revolver because I didn't take that kind of advice last time. I went to the gunshop and decided I would buy a little semi-automatic when No. 1, the anti-gun Dem ran off, and the guys there advised a revolver also. Humph! said I to self, MEN!!!

But it never worked well (my now husband eventually got it repaired) and I had to keep saying, "Red means ready to fire" and finally he just bought me a small revolver and really, now that I think of it, that gun is perfectly satisfactory if not glamorous if I do go to concealed carry.

So I'm feeling a little more humble about how much I don't know about this stuff and more receptive about taking advice. :)
The drawback of a revolver is they usually hold only five or six rounds and they are harder to reload than a pistol where you just swap magazines. If you feel you may need more than six rounds you carry what is called a Mexican reload. You pack two revolvers and when you run the first dry, you grab the second.

I carry a .38 S&W Model 642 snub nosed revolver known as a “belly gun.” One advantage of a revolver is you can jam it into someone’s belly and it will still fire when a pistol will not as the slide moves slightly back and the pistol is “out of battery.”

1657226918179.jpeg

The S&W Model 642 is a very light weapon which makes it an excellent pocket pistol. Unfortunately the light weight gives the weapon a stiff recoil. Most people find it is not “fun” to practice with. Some people will say it is not a good beginner‘s gun.

If you are carrying in a purse or a holster two excellent choices are
the 6 shot S&W Model 66.

1657227398352.jpeg

Or the smaller 5 shot Model 60.

1657227690480.jpeg

Both can use either .38 or .357 Magnum ammo.

If possible it is always a good idea to try different handguns to see which you like.

Men whose dicks don't work, shoot and clean guns to make up for it.
How did you discover this. Did you take a survey or did you just talk with panty waisted liberals who are terrified of firearms and the people who own them. Panty waisted liberals have an odd fascination with penis size and function. They will also tell you that men with short dicks that don’t work drive big pickup trucks or muscle cars or join the Marines.

The drawback of a revolver is they usually hold only five or six rounds and they are harder to reload than a pistol where you just swap magazines. If you feel you may need more than six rounds you carry what is called a Mexican reload. You pack two revolvers and when you run the first dry, you grab the second.

I carry a .38 S&W Model 642 snub nosed revolver known as a “belly gun.” One advantage of a revolver is you can jam it into someone’s belly and it will still fire when a pistol will not as the slide moves slightly back and the pistol is “out of battery.”

View attachment 667490

The S&W Model 642 is a very light weapon which makes it an excellent pocket pistol. Unfortunately the light weight gives the weapon a stiff recoil. Most people find it is not “fun” to practice with. Some people will say it is not a good beginner‘s gun.

If you are carrying in a purse or a holster two excellent choices are
the 6 shot S&W Model 66.

View attachment 667492

Or the smaller 5 shot Model 60.

View attachment 667495
Both can use either .38 or .357 Magnum ammo.

If possible it is always a good idea to try different handguns to see which you like.
I think I will just print out your post, pix and all. I love that little snubnose -- the one I have IS a snubnose, I don't know the details, aaaarrrrrgh, but I keep it where I know where it is, loaded, in my wardrobe.

If you think I'm attaching too much interest to these posts, frankly, things just got seriously weird in Maryland since Hogan decided it would be good for his (ha-ha, as if) presidential run to let us go free, since the crime going on from, ah, "people from Baltimore" is out of control. So we do have to think about this.

MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WBFF) — Just one day after Gov. Larry Hogan made it easier to obtain a handgun wear-and-carry permit in Maryland, FreeState Gun Range said their phone lines are flooded.

"It’s just been off the hook, so to speak," said Bryan Fletcher, the range's training department director.

Fletcher said, in the past 24 hours, they’ve accepted more than 500 reservations for their wear-and-carry classes alone, booking them out clear through the end of the month.

Last edited:
I think I will just print out your post, pix and all. I love that little snubnose -- the one I have IS a snubnose, I don't know the details, aaaarrrrrgh, but I keep it where I know where it is, loaded, in my wardrobe.

If you think I'm attaching too much interest to these posts, frankly, things just got seriously weird in Maryland since Hogan decided it would be good for his (ha-ha, as if) presidential run to let us go free, since the crime going on from, ah, "people from Baltimore" is out of control. So we do have to think about this.

MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (WBFF) — Just one day after Gov. Larry Hogan made it easier to obtain a handgun wear-and-carry permit in Maryland, FreeState Gun Range said their phone lines are flooded.

"It’s just been off the hook, so to speak," said Bryan Fletcher, the range's training department director.

Fletcher said, in the past 24 hours, they’ve accepted more than 500 reservations for their wear-and-carry classes alone, booking them out clear through the end of the month.
I do recommend you go to a good gun safety and concealed carry class.

In Florida I have known a number of people who hired a one on one instructor. It might be expensive but an good instructor can teach you a lot quickly about accurate shooting. In passing, women are easier to train then men. It’s also good to have a instructor who will explain when you can use lethal force.

I watched instructors qualify a class on the range and they would just set the full sized silhouette target about seven years out and have each student fire a few rounds at the target. If they could hit the target they passed.

One of my co-workers decided to go with a one on one instructor. On the range he shot at a number of distances from a couple of feet to 25 yards away. The instrujctor was an ex-police chief of Cincinnati, Ohio.

Men think that after a lifetime of watching movies they already know all the basics on how to shoot. Women actually listen and learn.

Yeah...get as much training as you can afford.......

I do recommend you go to a good gun safety and concealed carry class.

In Florida I have known a number of people who hired a one on one instructor. It might be expensive but an good instructor can teach you a lot quickly about accurate shooting. In passing, women are easier to train then men. It’s also good to have a instructor who will explain when you can use lethal force.

I watched instructors qualify a class on the range and they would just set the full sized silhouette target about seven years out and have each student fire a few rounds at the target. If they could hit the target they passed.

One of my co-workers decided to go with a one on one instructor. On the range he shot at a number of distances from a couple of feet to 25 yards away. The instrujctor was an ex-police chief of Cincinnati, Ohio.

Men think that after a lifetime of watching movies they already know all the basics on how to shoot. Women actually listen and learn.
In California we must take 10 hours of Classroom and add hours of Range time where we must qualify with each Firearm on our CCW .

My Tactical Carbine Fighting Classes ( Level 1 & Level 2 ) had almost 500 rounds needed for each 10 hour Class and I went through level 2 with 2 Shasta County Sheriffs SWAT guys .

Gun rights are needed for personal security, hunting, target sport and as a potential check on an over-reaching government but in today's world you will need more than guns.

But we have people in our society obsessed with guns. Their are fringe groups who define their manhood, personal safety, self-worth and protection from government over-reach strictly on guns. They seem to need guns more than air and water. They include street gangs, They include disenfranchised loners. They include left wing radicals wanting to over throw the government. They include right wing anti-government groups.

We need laws to protect us from those who are obsessed with guns and what they do with them
Our current laws protect the rights of the obsessed to have guns and do what they do with them.
There's no such thing as a right-wing anti-government group. Did you see right wing groups in front of the homes of Supreme Court members? Have you seen right-wing groups arrested for attempted assassination? The very nature of right-wing is to defend the Constitution, not to destroy it.

Sorry lad, but unless you hold the same claim for anyone whom has a hobby and "brags" about their "collection", you remain clueless and out of touch with reality.

Being an armed citizen has less to do with "feel powerless" and more to do with logical basics of self-protection in an occasional hostile world/society.

First clue is your total ignorance about how many others have a firearm for protection and to "level the odds" against those whom might be larger, stronger, and more (criminally) violent/aggressive to what they perceive as helpless victims.

Would you object to your mother, sister, wife, or other woman in your life being armed to deal with attackers?

I am not armed and I feel very safe. Sorry you need a gun or guns to feel safe.

There's no such thing as a right-wing anti-government group. Did you see right wing groups in front of the homes of Supreme Court members? Have you seen right-wing groups arrested for attempted assassination? The very nature of right-wing is to defend the Constitution, not to destroy it.
saw them at the Capitol on Jan 6

Forum List

Back