Gun rights are necessary - gun obsession is not

Real world has shown us was is too little. 90% of the US want universal background checks. Why not. It will stop all but it will stop some, maybe most. Something has to be done. Thoughts and prayers are not working.
How many mass shooters had legal guns that bypassed a background check?
The fact is, most acquired the guns illegally or passed the required tests already.
Most mass shootings are gang related & those guns are never legal.
What you are wanting is some magic formula where they can predict who is a future danger & there is none.
Anything they would attempt would eventually turn to gun total confiscation & you should know this.

Hardening the schools & adding a well armed security guard behind locked entrances would stop this stuff today.

You should be working for common sense solutions that will include common sense regulations.
You are posting like the crazy mass killers. Where do you think they get it from.
Guns are a tool not a badge.
Too many dumbass adults are showing kids that guns will make the strong, make them tough, will take care of the people that cross them.
People are doing it on this site.
It is sick and crazy.
Meh, at least you realize your limitations even though you lack the same respect for others.

I taught all my kids proper gun handling when they were old enough and left it to them if they wanted to carry if forward or not. None of them are wilting flowers.

One does not have much of a interest outside of HD/CC and shoots enough to remain proficient....I take no issue with that.

The other shares the same interests as I do and I have to play "stern dad" sometimes warning "don't let your eyes overload your wallet". ;)

One has a kid almost old enough for a youth single-shot .22 rifle and youth .410 shotgun.....So I'll get him started this summer and if he shows promise as far as following safety procedures and marksmanship I'll see how he does in the squirrel woods in the fall.....I look forward to that. He loves eating squirrel. :)

How many mass shooters had legal guns that bypassed a background check?
The fact is, most acquired the guns illegally or passed the required tests already.
Most mass shootings are gang related & those guns are never legal.
What you are wanting is some magic formula where they can predict who is a future danger & there is none.
Anything they would attempt would eventually turn to gun total confiscation & you should know this.

Hardening the schools & adding a well armed security guard behind locked entrances would stop this stuff today.
There does seem to be this rising cult among us whose unspoken directive is to bubble wrap society what ever it takes, no matter what.

With a single paycheck many can buy enough fentanyl to kill a small town, a sex slave, or any number of terrible things from across our southern border. Why would anyone be stupid enough to think gun control laws would effect anyone with evil intent? Especially in a border area. This pathetic political posturing is inane and counter productive. It's not the guns, it's the asshole shooters. Fix that problem and leave our rights alone.

Gun rights are needed for personal security, hunting, target sport and as a potential check on an over-reaching government but in today's world you will need more than guns.

But we have people in our society obsessed with guns. Their are fringe groups who define their manhood, personal safety, self-worth and protection from government over-reach strictly on guns. They seem to need guns more than air and water. They include street gangs, They include disenfranchised loners. They include left wing radicals wanting to over throw the government. They include right wing anti-government groups.

We need laws to protect us from those who are obsessed with guns and what they do with them
Our current laws protect the rights of the obsessed to have guns and do what they do with them.
Who gets to determine "obsession"? Does a target handgun and a hunting rifle rise to the level of obsession? How about a collection of firearms that are worth more than most pitiful roach infested liberal city apartments? Does membership in the NRA indicate obsession when half a dozen U.S. Presidents were members? What happens when the 1st Amendment becomes an obsession? Do we start investigating conservative Preachers who might not be on board with the current administration?

Gun rights are needed for personal security, hunting, target sport and as a potential check on an over-reaching government but in today's world you will need more than guns.

But we have people in our society obsessed with guns. Their are fringe groups who define their manhood, personal safety, self-worth and protection from government over-reach strictly on guns. They seem to need guns more than air and water. They include street gangs, They include disenfranchised loners. They include left wing radicals wanting to over throw the government. They include right wing anti-government groups.

We need laws to protect us from those who are obsessed with guns and what they do with them
Our current laws protect the rights of the obsessed to have guns and do what they do with them.
If times were peaceful, the demand for guns would drop.

America needs a return to god.

You should be working for common sense solutions that will include common sense regulations.
You are posting like the crazy mass killers. Where do you think they get it from.
Guns are a tool not a badge.
Too many dumbass adults are showing kids that guns will make the strong, make them tough, will take care of the people that cross them.
People are doing it on this site.
It is sick and crazy.
I think...you should get a gun.

Get some training.

Make a friend and go to the range together.

Then, when you've overcome your fear of firearms, go get yourself a pistol that you feel comfortable with.

Some suggestions...

My wife is partial to her Sig P238 .380

Screenshot_20220527-211011-024.png

I carry the Remington RM380

Screenshot_20220527-210849-560.png

HereWeGoAgain likes the Ruger LCP 380

Screenshot_20220527-211115-581.png

Ringel05 is a fan of those Eastern Bloc 9x18

Screenshot_20220527-211234-213.png

And B. Kidd just picked up an S&W CSX micro 9...but you'll have to wait a few weeks to get a review on that one.

Screenshot_20220527-211342-907.png

Ringel05 might try to convince you to get a Yeet Cannon...

Screenshot_20220527-212342-879.png

... don't listen... :eusa_whistle:

But we're here for ya buddy.

We'll be happy to help you get over your fear.

Get some training.

Then, when you've overcome your fear of firearms, go get yourself a pistol that you feel comfortable with.

Some suggestions...

View attachment 650737

View attachment 650736

View attachment 650739

View attachment 650740

And B. Kidd just picked up an S&W CSX micro 9...but you'll have to wait a few weeks to get a review on that one.

View attachment 650738

View attachment 650750

I like the little purse gun ----------------

Get some training.

Some suggestions...

View attachment 650737

View attachment 650736

View attachment 650739

View attachment 650740

View attachment 650738

View attachment 650750

no fear of guns. The problem is the people who own guns. People who show pictures of their guns on social media have then gone out and did mass killings. I worry about you. You are doing things mass killers do

no fear of guns. The problem is the people who own guns. People who show pictures of their guns on social media have then gone out and did mass killings. I worry about you. You are doing things mass killers do
This is exactly why I feel you are struggling with fear.

Millions and millions of people post pictures and talk about firearms online.

Just like a hundred million people or more in the US own guns.

If a picture if a gun makes you fearful...you should seek therapy.

You can rid yourself of this unreasonably fear and get back control of your life.

Make a friend...go shooting...it's a very enjoyable hobby that I picked up in earnest while serving in the Army.

Sure...my Dad and I shot .22 and went hunting...but in the Army my fellow soldiers weren't interested in shooting tin cans or pie plates.

If you weren't consistently in the 10 ring...you weren't practicing enough.

Let's plumb the depths of you phobia...

...this gentlemen posted a gun pic ...

...do you think he might be a mass shooter?

Screenshot_20220527-231200-300.png

This is exactly why I feel you are struggling with fear.

Millions and millions of people post pictures and talk about firearms online.

Just like a hundred million people or more in the US own guns.

If a picture if a gun makes you fearful...you should seek therapy.

You can rid yourself of this unreasonably fear and get back control of your life.

Make a friend...go shooting...it's a very enjoyable hobby that I picked up in earnest while serving in the Army.

Sure...my Dad and I shot .22 and went hunting...but in the Army my fellow soldiers weren't interested in shooting tin cans or pie plates.

If you weren't consistently in the 10 ring...you weren't practicing enough.

Let's plumb the depths of you phobia...

...this gentlemen posted a gun pic ...

...do you think he might be a mass shooter?

View attachment 650860
get help before you hurt someone. What you think is normal is not.

How many guns would one have to own to be considered obsessed with them? Who gets to determine that number and what would qualify them to make that determination?
When someone is more concerned about protecting their guns than their family and friends is obsessed. It is not the number of guns.

When someone is more concerned about protecting their guns than their family and friends is obsessed. It is not the number of guns.
Someone wanting to protect their Second Amendement is not an obsession nor or is it a lack of concern for their family and friends this is one of your sillier statements and that takes some doing.

get help before you hurt someone. What you think is normal is not.
I understand Brother. You're in denial.

Admitting you're afraid is that hardest part.

Hoplophobia can be overcome with therapy and determination.

We're all pulling for ya.

Get some training.

Some suggestions...

View attachment 650737

View attachment 650736

View attachment 650739

View attachment 650740

View attachment 650738

View attachment 650750

Most mass murders showed pictures of their guns before going on their killing spree. To have guns is one thing, to have to tell the world about your guns through social media to eliminate an inadequacy you have is the sign of mental illness and makes you dangerous.

Most mass murders showed pictures of their guns before going on their killing spree. To have guns is one thing, to have to tell the world about your guns through social media to eliminate an inadequacy you have is the sign of mental illness and makes you dangerous.
Sorry...but this is just another manifestation of your phobia...and I can prove it ....

There are 125 million gun images on the internet.

Have there been 125 million mass shooters?

There are thousands of uploaded gun pictures ON THIS SITE...and the owner of this board owns a firearm forum.

So...point is...it's your fear that makes you believe this propoganda.

Get help.

Machine guns are necessary.

Machine guns or Valhalla!!!

Same old liberal bleating.

"We need laws!"

No, dumbshit. You don't need laws. Laws won't work anyway.

Hey - do you see any laws working?

(looks around)

Forum List

Back