Gun legislation even I can support

Many, if not most parents don't want their kids exposed to firearms.
That is only because most of them were never exposed to firearms. When I was a kid, students took their guns to school. They had rifles in the back window gun rack of their PU truck. No one thought a thing about it. There were no school shootings, no serial killings, and no one feared guns because they were commonplace and just another tool.

ITMT, I can name a thousand things already going on in the schools and many or most parents don't want their kids doing or learning! Teaching firearm proficiency teaches safety, respect, discipline and responsibility. The very thing kids need.

Yeah . . . . tell me again, what do all of the addle-brained, limp-wristed, fear-wracked, pants-shitting parents not want again? Since when did they ever have a voice in what schools teach?

I bet they don't want to pay school taxes either -- -- -- -- but they pay them.
Im with lucky. I am against all gun laws but I dont want to force it down peoples throats either

So you are against the very discipline and training that all Americans once had throughout the history of this nation until a few decades ago still given by nations like Russia that gradually now taken away by government fear-mongering, has allowed the media to make guns the political football they are now and made people both fearful of guns and taken from them the sensibility and discipline that kept people responsible with them?
I'm just saying that in the case of firearms and minors, it's the parents decision in schools. Nothing says they can't take them to a firing range and teach them on their own.
Actually there is a lot of States make it illegal to take anyone under 16 to a firearms range. And others require insurance that can only be gotten by the range restricting the age limit.

That is only because most of them were never exposed to firearms. When I was a kid, students took their guns to school. They had rifles in the back window gun rack of their PU truck. No one thought a thing about it. There were no school shootings, no serial killings, and no one feared guns because they were commonplace and just another tool.

ITMT, I can name a thousand things already going on in the schools and many or most parents don't want their kids doing or learning! Teaching firearm proficiency teaches safety, respect, discipline and responsibility. The very thing kids need.

Yeah . . . . tell me again, what do all of the addle-brained, limp-wristed, fear-wracked, pants-shitting parents not want again? Since when did they ever have a voice in what schools teach?

Im with lucky. I am against all gun laws but I dont want to force it down peoples throats either

So you are against the very discipline and training that all Americans once had throughout the history of this nation until a few decades ago still given by nations like Russia that gradually now taken away by government fear-mongering, has allowed the media to make guns the political football they are now and made people both fearful of guns and taken from them the sensibility and discipline that kept people responsible with them?
I'm just saying that in the case of firearms and minors, it's the parents decision in schools. Nothing says they can't take them to a firing range and teach them on their own.
No it is not a parent's decision. It never was before. You're only saying that because you're already in the loop of one of the gun-fearful. I bet that having been exposed to guns, taught about them, given the chance to target shoot, learn to field strip them and get accurate with it, many kids might choose to take up an interest in them, hobby competition, hunting, and so when THEIR kids were growing up, would pass that onto their kids.

And if dealing with a break in or robbery, would be much better positioned to both defend themselves and others. And dare we not mention that in the case of civil break down or terror attack, invasion (oh no! It can never happen in America, right?) we would have a better prepared citizenry able to protect and defend themselves from threat and invasion domestic or foreign. No, can't have that.

Let's face it. Most Americans are soft pussy candy-asses who put face to face with their Russian counterparts, the Russians would take us apart! The average Russian is a semi-skilled, semi-trained, semi-combat-ready soldier. The average American now like you would be pissing your pants, crying, and fumbling for your smartphone trying to dial 911 because after all, you pay your taxes so others have to deal with protecting you ass so you don't have to learn how yourself, right?

Although we should have never needed it.

Gov. Bill Lee Introduces Constitutional Carry Legislation

“The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms. I appreciate Lt. Governor McNally and Speaker Sexton for helping to lead the way on this important issue.”
The second amendment is anything but clear and concise on that point.
The Supreme Court was clear now wasn't it and you LOST.
Their ruling is currently in force.

Until it's isn't, just like the previous one.

“The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms. I appreciate Lt. Governor McNally and Speaker Sexton for helping to lead the way on this important issue.”

I think it's a shame that the state has to intervene to pass a law when the federal government is bound by the Constitution to guarantee the Right to keep and bear Arms. But, to those state leaders who do the feds work for them, God bless 'em.

Yep. "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" is terribly confusing
You've trimmed the amendment down to the part you like.

Care to quote the whole thing?
The rest is just filler , if you ACTUALLY understood the English language and the written word you would know the first part is simply one of what could many reasons to give the right to be armed.

Yeah, the Second Amendment doesn't go into any detail, other than that the private citizens can own and carry (bear arms) arms. The founding fathers recognized that militias comprised of private citizens that brought their own firearms to combat the British troops, were of immense assistance to the fledgling country's struggle against England's rule. And, in the Federalist papers, our founding fathers made it clear that an armed citizenry was essential for the well being of our nation.
No instructions on teaching how to use firearms were mentioned as in the era that the Second Amendment was drafted, it was normally assumed that the parents taught the children how to use the firearms and schools weren't even considered.

WRONG

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

There was a lot of talk back in those days about Rights and responsibilities. When the founders / framers had acquired enough hands on experience to realize it was damn near impossible to maintain a civilian militia wherein the people would muster and drill, the following was pretty much the sentiment:

"f circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist.”
– Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28, January 10, 1788

The rest is just filler , if you ACTUALLY understood the English language and the written word you would know the first part is simply one of what could many reasons to give the right to be armed.
Lol @ "the rest is just filler".

You guys are too much.

Nothing says that the schools cannot offer an elective class on firearm identification, safety and marksmanship.

Lol @ "the rest is just filler".

You guys are too much.
As I thought you can not comprehend the written word. English is very precise, the sentence as written is as I said.

It is absolutely clear.......Shall not be infringed.......

This is how it starts. What is so hard to understand about "Shall not be infringed"? This bullshit is the fringe.

How about my right to go out in public where there are untrained people carrying loaded weapons.

How about my right to go out in public where there are untrained people carrying loaded weapons.

You already have that right...you dope......check your post next time.

With over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in this country....and gun crime, gun murder and accidental gun deaths going down, not up.....you don't have anything to worry about...you dope.

Actual research also shows that people who have concealed carry permits are more law abiding than other citizens and even sworn police officers.....so you have nothing to worry about...

Forum List

Back