Gun legislation even I can support

Driving a car is a privilege, and not a right in the US Constitution. The government today could tell us that cars are illegal on the road, and there is nothing we could do about it but take public transportation. Driving a car is not protected by anything.
Gun ownership shouldn't be "protected," then, either.
The right to protection is a natural right.
Do you think we should limit speech too?
Hate speech, yes, they don't need a public soapbox.
There are ways to protect yourself without a gun, but no one (but me) considers taking away all guns. That is an NRA scare tactic.

So you see somebody that's going to attack you; a much younger and stronger individual. How are you going to protect yourself?
I'm gonna get mugged. I don't live in a place where that is common place. As a matter of fact, it just doesn't happen. But for safety's sake, I don't visit dark lonely places at night and I don't piss off drunks.

Fear is not a great argument, imo. I came within a hair's breadth of being gang raped once and I never once thought "gee I wish I had a gun." Not then and not afterward.

And you're entitled to that, as I am constitutionally entitled to carry if I so choose. I don't carry out of fear no more than I carry auto insurance out of fear. I carry auto insurance just in case. I lock my door at night. I don't do it out of fear, I do it as a layer of self-protection.

Some people have more of a need to be armed than others. I'm glad you don't have that going on in your life. Some people are prone to being more pro-active against crime, or prone to being more prepared for anything. Others not. That's what's great about living in such a great country. We have those choices.

[QUOTE="RealDave, post: 24148019, member: 59529"
How about my right to go out in public where there are untrained people carrying loaded weapons.[/QUOTE]

Maybe just stay in Mommys basement them and cal up for more snacks.

Although we should have never needed it.

Gov. Bill Lee Introduces Constitutional Carry Legislation

“The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms. I appreciate Lt. Governor McNally and Speaker Sexton for helping to lead the way on this important issue.”
How about my right to go out in public where there are untrained people carrying loaded weapons.

You already have that right...you dope......check your post next time.

With over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in this country....and gun crime, gun murder and accidental gun deaths going down, not up.....you don't have anything to worry about...you dope.
That is why we read about accidental shootings, kids getting a hold of guns etc. Because you people are so well trained.

You need to be trained and pass a test to get a drivers license, yet we lose 40,000 Americans a year in traffic accidents, and many more seriously injured.
I guess you ride your gun to work.

So there are accidents & therefore we should not have driver's tests.

And because there are accidents, driver's test have no value. You have zero logic.

Owning a killing machine in no way equates to voting rights. We need to pass written and practical exams to have a drivers license, and eye exams, too. That is because a vehicle on the road can also be a killing machine if it is not operated properly. That is the way it should be looked at for owning and having the right to operate a gun.

Driving a car is a privilege, and not a right in the US Constitution. The government today could tell us that cars are illegal on the road, and there is nothing we could do about it but take public transportation. Driving a car is not protected by anything.
There are ways to protect yourself without a gun, but no one (but me) considers taking away all guns. That is an NRA scare tactic.

So you see somebody that's going to attack you; a much younger and stronger individual. How are you going to protect yourself?

That happens All the time........not.

If you are going to to robbed, you being armed will lead to your gun being stolen.

“The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms. I appreciate Lt. Governor McNally and Speaker Sexton for helping to lead the way on this important issue.”
How about my right to go out in public where there are untrained people carrying loaded weapons.

With over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in this country....and gun crime, gun murder and accidental gun deaths going down, not up.....you don't have anything to worry about...you dope.
That is why we read about accidental shootings, kids getting a hold of guns etc. Because you people are so well trained.

You need to be trained and pass a test to get a drivers license, yet we lose 40,000 Americans a year in traffic accidents, and many more seriously injured.

And because there are accidents, driver's test have no value. You have zero logic.

No...moron.....we don't require training and licensing because those will become tools to prevent people from accessing their Right to own and carry a gun.......cars are not a Right and when you morons come for those....and you will.......you will have more power to ban them....

If you are going to to robbed, you being armed will lead to your gun being stolen.

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop violent rape, robbery and murder...according to the Centers for Disease Control.....again, you don't know what you are talking about...

Sure it will, because that's how I would respond to somebody pointing a gun at me. I just grab the gun and take it away. I never heard of one instance of your scenario. The only exception would be if you didn't get to your gun first, and the criminal robbing you found the gun while he was searching for valuables.

I'm sorry your logic didn't understand the comparison. Training and licensing doesn't guarantee somebody will never be irresponsible as a firearm owner. In other words, your suggestion wouldn't help the matter in any way or form. People with little common sense can have all the training in the world, but it doesn't make their logic any sharper.

It's political posturing coming up on election time. We don't need legislation that guarantees the freedom of the second Amendment anymore than we need legislation that guarantees the 1st Amendment freedom of religion. We need to elect the right people to uphold the Constitution..

It's political posturing coming up on election time. We don't need legislation that guarantees the freedom of the second Amendment anymore than we need legislation that guarantees the 1st Amendment freedom of religion. We need to elect the right people to uphold the Constitution..

More or less the right people to nominate judges that uphold the Constitution.

Its not bill lees election time.
And considering you must shell out hundreds of dollars and hours of your time to walk down the street with a gun, yea, this is needed.

No...moron.....we don't require training and licensing because those will become tools to prevent people from accessing their Right to own and carry a gun.......cars are not a Right and when you morons come for those....and you will.......you will have more power to ban them....

The only tool is you. You are now arguing that people who can not pass a test be allowed to carry a loaded weapon in public. Really?

I see you NRA fed assfucks are pushing the "OMG OMG OMG they are taking our guns:" lie yet again.

As for the Constitution, you Trump supporters lost that right long time ago. You support Trump as he shreds the Constitution.

Sure it will, because that's how I would respond to somebody pointing a gun at me. I just grab the gun and take it away. I never heard of one instance of your scenario. The only exception would be if you didn't get to your gun first, and the criminal robbing you found the gun while he was searching for valuables.
So, you are walking down a street v& a man suddenly pulls a gun & sticks it in your face. What good does your gun do now?

Maybe just stay in Mommys basement them and cal up for more snacks.[/QUOTE]
So, people should stay inside because you assfucks want untrained people out there carrying loaded weapons?

You're probably like my neighbor's brother. Shooting pumpkins with his 9mm & when I approach him about hitting my house, he says " gee, I didn't know it would go that far".

Or my other neighbor, a gun collector, was shocked when I told him that when he shoots, i hear ricochets whining overhead.

You support this.

A few months ago, I was grocery shopping with a wife when guy a gun with a gun in the back of his pants. Yep that was safe.

When you fight the taking of guns from those with a PFA against them, you are just plain stupid.

The NRA is stupid. It makes you stupid.

Here you are supporting allowing people to carry loader firearms without any training whatsoever.

You're probably like my neighbor's brother. Shooting pumpkins with his 9mm & when I approach him about hitting my house, he says " gee, I didn't know it would go that far".

Or my other neighbor, a gun collector, was shocked when I told him that when he shoots, i hear ricochets whining overhead.

You support this.

A few months ago, I was grocery shopping with a wife when guy a gun with a gun in the back of his pants. Yep that was safe.

When you fight the taking of guns from those with a PFA against them, you are just plain stupid.

The NRA is stupid. It makes you stupid.

Here you are supporting allowing people to carry loader firearms without any training whatsoever.

The problem with your concern is you are safer around a CCW holder than you are a police officer according to statistics. I don't believe in anybody carrying a gun. I think there should be some training involved, but just because there isn't doesn't put you in any danger. One of those people just may save your life one day.

Your neighbors shooting guns off has nothing to do with carrying in public. They are not going to go downtown and shoot pumpkins.

So, you are walking down a street v& a man suddenly pulls a gun & sticks it in your face. What good does your gun do now?

In that situation, probably not much. However how often does something like that happen? If I were ever to be walking in concerning environment or situation, I would have my hand on my gun just in case. We've had pizza delivery guys around here be victims of attempted robberies, and those pizza guys get the drop on the criminal. Criminals use disposable cell phones and call in a pizza order to a vacant house.

You are trying to create the worst possible scenario. You ignore many of the good things that takes place because of us armed citizens. It's likely you don't know about them because they are contained in local news, and there are just too many stories of us saving the day to make national news. Here are a couple I found in my area if you're interested. Tell me how many you heard of where you live.

Two CCW permit holders stop teen who was trying to steal car

Linndale speed cameras ID two more suspects in robbery foiled by CCW holder

Man with CCW permit shoots armed Family Dollar robbery suspect

Man shoots dog to defend family: South Euclid police

And mind you, these are the only ones they archived. There are plenty more stories.

Forum List

Back