Gun legislation even I can support

Although we should have never needed it.

Gov. Bill Lee Introduces Constitutional Carry Legislation

“The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms. I appreciate Lt. Governor McNally and Speaker Sexton for helping to lead the way on this important issue.”
How about my right to go out in public where there are untrained people carrying loaded weapons.

You already have that right...you dope......check your post next time.

With over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in this country....and gun crime, gun murder and accidental gun deaths going down, not up.....you don't have anything to worry about...you dope.
That is why we read about accidental shootings, kids getting a hold of guns etc. Because you people are so well trained.

less ten 600 people a year are killed by accidental firearms shootings.

“The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms. I appreciate Lt. Governor McNally and Speaker Sexton for helping to lead the way on this important issue.”
How about my right to go out in public where there are untrained people carrying loaded weapons.

With over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in this country....and gun crime, gun murder and accidental gun deaths going down, not up.....you don't have anything to worry about...you dope.
That is why we read about accidental shootings, kids getting a hold of guns etc. Because you people are so well trained.

less ten 600 people a year are killed by accidental firearms shootings.

Thanks for that post...it encouraged me to go to WISQARS, the CDC data site, I have been waiting for their 2018 numbers...and they finally have them...

Total firearm accidental death for 2018?

Broker Version 9.4 (Build 1366)

Guess what....that is down from 2017....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2017 accidental gun death.....486

The second amendment is anything but clear and concise on that point.
Do you even read, bro? Its perfectly clear

Many, if not most parents don't want their kids exposed to firearms.
That is only because most of them were never exposed to firearms. When I was a kid, students took their guns to school. They had rifles in the back window gun rack of their PU truck. No one thought a thing about it. There were no school shootings, no serial killings, and no one feared guns because they were commonplace and just another tool.

ITMT, I can name a thousand things already going on in the schools and many or most parents don't want their kids doing or learning! Teaching firearm proficiency teaches safety, respect, discipline and responsibility. The very thing kids need.

Yeah . . . . tell me again, what do all of the addle-brained, limp-wristed, fear-wracked, pants-shitting parents not want again? Since when did they ever have a voice in what schools teach?

I bet they don't want to pay school taxes either -- -- -- -- but they pay them.
Im with lucky. I am against all gun laws but I dont want to force it down peoples throats either

So you are against the very discipline and training that all Americans once had throughout the history of this nation until a few decades ago still given by nations like Russia that gradually now taken away by government fear-mongering, has allowed the media to make guns the political football they are now and made people both fearful of guns and taken from them the sensibility and discipline that kept people responsible with them?
I am against the govt mandating how people live their lives.

Actual research also shows that people who have concealed carry permits are more law abiding than other citizens and even sworn police officers.....so you have nothing to worry about...
Nothing to do with training.

How about a mandatory class to get a concealed carry permit complete with a written & range test?

All you need now is to fill out an application.

Do you want a Literacy test for the Right to vote?

Nope.....in Europe they use training requirements to keep normal citizens from owning the limited selection of hunting shotguns they allow........sorry, you asshats will use any training requirements as a way to ban guns........
in Europe they use training requirements to keep normal citizens from owning the limited selection of hunting shotguns they allow.....
See how sensible governments can be when they don't have to deal with a two hundred and fifty year old Second Amendment? That sounds imminently sensible to me. And if the training requirements (like testing?) is "preventing" anyone from owning a gun, it is because they're not smart or skilled enough to use one properly. Why would anyone want those folks to have a killing machine anyway?

Did you support the democrat party using Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep freed Blacks from voting? The democrat party said that that was "sensible," too.........the democrats also believed that if Blacks couldn't pay the Poll Tax or pass the Literacy test they weren't smart enough to vote properly......
Owning a killing machine in no way equates to voting rights. We need to pass written and practical exams to have a drivers license, and eye exams, too. That is because a vehicle on the road can also be a killing machine if it is not operated properly. That is the way it should be looked at for owning and having the right to operate a gun.

Driving a car is a privilege, and not a right in the US Constitution. The government today could tell us that cars are illegal on the road, and there is nothing we could do about it but take public transportation. Driving a car is not protected by anything.

How about a mandatory class to get a concealed carry permit complete with a written & range test?

Nope.....in Europe they use training requirements to keep normal citizens from owning the limited selection of hunting shotguns they allow........sorry, you asshats will use any training requirements as a way to ban guns........
in Europe they use training requirements to keep normal citizens from owning the limited selection of hunting shotguns they allow.....
See how sensible governments can be when they don't have to deal with a two hundred and fifty year old Second Amendment? That sounds imminently sensible to me. And if the training requirements (like testing?) is "preventing" anyone from owning a gun, it is because they're not smart or skilled enough to use one properly. Why would anyone want those folks to have a killing machine anyway?

Did you support the democrat party using Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep freed Blacks from voting? The democrat party said that that was "sensible," too.........the democrats also believed that if Blacks couldn't pay the Poll Tax or pass the Literacy test they weren't smart enough to vote properly......
Owning a killing machine in no way equates to voting rights. We need to pass written and practical exams to have a drivers license, and eye exams, too. That is because a vehicle on the road can also be a killing machine if it is not operated properly. That is the way it should be looked at for owning and having the right to operate a gun.

Driving a car is a privilege, and not a right in the US Constitution. The government today could tell us that cars are illegal on the road, and there is nothing we could do about it but take public transportation. Driving a car is not protected by anything.
Gun ownership shouldn't be "protected," then, either.

Change the Constitution then, you know how to do that right?

Change the Constitution then, you know how to do that right?
Happily.

The right to protection is a natural right.
Do you think we should limit speech too?

The main reason we havent been invaded is because of guns.

Leave it to the statists and cucks to take that away

Actual research also shows that people who have concealed carry permits are more law abiding than other citizens and even sworn police officers.....so you have nothing to worry about...

What you fail to understand is that the bad guys will always get what they want. Non-prescription opioid products have been illegal my entire life, yet today, they are a bigger problem than they ever have been.

Equal or superior firing power is essential when defending yourself from an enemy. A person with a six shot .22 revolver is no match for a criminal who has a .38 semi-automatic. That's a fight you're going to lose.

If a group of thugs plan on breaking into your home in the middle of the night, they understand their lives could be in great danger because we Americans are allowed to use deadly force defending ourselves. Those criminals have no idea if you don't own a gun, or if you own three AR's and one is loaded right next to your bed.

Years ago when our CCW laws were introduced, I was in another blog at the time with locals debating the subject. An anti-CCW law person asked me why I wanted to see the law passed? I told him that besides myself,I worry about my mother.

My mother never had a drivers license in her life, and enjoys walking everywhere she goes. My opponent asked me if the law passed, would my elderly mother carry a weapon? To that I replied "No she wouldn't, but the criminal doesn't know that.

That's not true. You'd never get a CCW in my state by simply filling out forms. Most states are like ours. You have ten hour class time, a two hour range time, and your criminal history is checked out from the time you turned 18. Then it has to be renewed every 5 years.

You need to be trained and pass a test to get a drivers license, yet we lose 40,000 Americans a year in traffic accidents, and many more seriously injured.

I love TN

We already had Castile doctrine for home and auto. ....this is great add us to the list of constitutional carry states ...and we can run over antifa protesters blocking the road....

The last Republican National Convention was held in our city. Warnings went out nationwide that people would be bussing in to start trouble. They predicted serious bloodshed by people like Antifa and like. They never showed up. Unlike their liberal cities that virtually allow them to assault other citizens, you attack somebody here for no reason, you could be going home in a box.

Hate speech, yes, they don't need a public soapbox.
There are ways to protect yourself without a gun, but no one (but me) considers taking away all guns. That is an NRA scare tactic.

Many, if not most parents don't want their kids exposed to firearms.
That is only because most of them were never exposed to firearms. When I was a kid, students took their guns to school. They had rifles in the back window gun rack of their PU truck. No one thought a thing about it. There were no school shootings, no serial killings, and no one feared guns because they were commonplace and just another tool.

ITMT, I can name a thousand things already going on in the schools and many or most parents don't want their kids doing or learning! Teaching firearm proficiency teaches safety, respect, discipline and responsibility. The very thing kids need.

Yeah . . . . tell me again, what do all of the addle-brained, limp-wristed, fear-wracked, pants-shitting parents not want again? Since when did they ever have a voice in what schools teach?

I bet they don't want to pay school taxes either -- -- -- -- but they pay them.
Im with lucky. I am against all gun laws but I dont want to force it down peoples throats either

So you are against the very discipline and training that all Americans once had throughout the history of this nation until a few decades ago still given by nations like Russia that gradually now taken away by government fear-mongering, has allowed the media to make guns the political football they are now and made people both fearful of guns and taken from them the sensibility and discipline that kept people responsible with them?
I'm just saying that in the case of firearms and minors, it's the parents decision in schools. Nothing says they can't take them to a firing range and teach them on their own.
Actually there is a lot of States make it illegal to take anyone under 16 to a firearms range. And others require insurance that can only be gotten by the range restricting the age limit.

I never knew that. The whole idea sound bizarre. I was initially trained by my father, living in the country. If you live in a city (heaven forbid) and can't take your kid to a range, how do they ever get training you can trust, just for safety aspects? All three of my kids, including my daughter had hands on training from me. It was my responsibility.

There are ways to protect yourself without a gun, but no one (but me) considers taking away all guns. That is an NRA scare tactic.
Read your own comments.

So you see somebody that's going to attack you; a much younger and stronger individual. How are you going to protect yourself?

So you see somebody that's going to attack you; a much younger and stronger individual. How are you going to protect yourself?
I'm gonna get mugged. I don't live in a place where that is common place. As a matter of fact, it just doesn't happen. But for safety's sake, I don't visit dark lonely places at night and I don't piss off drunks.

Fear is not a great argument, imo. I came within a hair's breadth of being gang raped once and I never once thought "gee I wish I had a gun." Not then and not afterward.

Forum List

Back