VICTORY: Gun-Rights Advocates Score a MAJOR Win in Ohio

By the FedGov?

How?

It didn't even exist yet.

All of this is state and local action. Zero FedGov.

Nonsense. Dried Scott. The Supreme Court ruled that Blacks could never be citizens, and among other things could never possess firearms. That was 1857. Shall I continue?

Nonsense. Dried Scott. The Supreme Court ruled that Blacks could never be citizens, and among other things could never possess firearms. That was 1857. Shall I continue?
That's not what the SCOTUS ruled. Go read it again.

They made no ruling as it relates to FEDERAL law.

But, now?

Now we have that clumsy P.O.S. called the 14th Amendment that FORCES states to comply with the 2A, so NO GOVERNMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REGULATE FIREARMS.

That's what scares the establishment the most but they will never admit it.

Another victory for the Constitution.

Nonsense.

This has nothing to do with the Constitution or law.

This is rightwing political theater only, given the fact that requiring a license to carry a concealed firearm is perfectly Constitutional, in no manner violating the Second Amendment.

This is rightwing political theater only, given the fact that requiring a license to carry a concealed firearm is perfectly Constitutional, in no manner violating the Second Amendment.
Requiring a license is debatable, given the 14th Amendment's requirements.

But, I agree that this law is not really a "victory" for constitutional law. It may be so, if the SCOTUS never reviews it.

I live in Georgia, where we have the CCW permit. We’re a Shall Issue state. So other than a small fee to process the paperwork, there isn’t really anything else.

I support that. I support the CCW requirement. I have a CCW. And here is why I support it. When I present it to the Police, they know that I am a law abiding individual. In fact, CCW holders are the least criminal group in the Nation. Police have more criminals, based upon convictions, than CCW personnel.

True story. I was involved in a minor fender bender. No big deal. When the cop showed up I handed him my licenses. Both of them, the CCW underneath the drivers. He looked at it and asked if I was armed. I said I was. He told me to put the gun in my car. I walked to my car, opened the back door, and stuck the gun on the seat. I then turned and showed him my empty hands.

He ran the license and registrations of both parties involved in the minor accident, and then wrote the accident report for the insurance.

Before he departed, he told me that I had handled the interaction about as well as anyone ever had. I didn’t start out screaming I have a gun, and kept it low key.

Without that CCW, the guy carrying the gun, is he carrying legally, or illegally? Is he a criminal who is on his way to rob someone? Or is he a law abiding individual going about his business? The only way to know is to run the individuals through the system to see if they have any felony convictions, or other disqualifying events in their history.

So cops will be running the “good guys” through the system a lot more. Wasting time, wasting resources, and drawing from the few hours a day they have to do their jobs.

A CCW shows that you’re a law abiding individual.

And training? Training would have saved a lot of people a lot of trouble. Take the Brunswick Trio. Georgia has no training requirement. I took a class because I wanted to be sure I understood what the law was. When the story with the McMichaels broke, I knew they had broken the law, because they literally did everything I was told not to do by the Cop teaching the course.

I knew it was illegal to try and place someone under Citizens Arrest if I had not seen them commit a crime. I knew it was illegal to pull my weapon unless there was a reasonable belief of a threat to life. A reasonable belief, that means seeing a weapon or actions by the individual to show danger.

I knew that Travis had committed Aggravated Assault. I knew that they were going to prison for Felony Murder. The cop teaching the course on his day off, told me all of that.

Training would have told Greg and Travis what their rights, and responsibilities, and where those rights ended. They would have avoided Prison for the rest of their lives if they had understood just how much trouble they were going to be in.

Training means you understand what is going on better. You have someone help you understand what is going to be happening if God Forbid you ever need that bang stick. Training means you are better prepared for that day, and increase your own chances of survival, and help you avoid Criminal Prosecution because you didn’t have a clue what the law said.

And the law says things you may think is wrong, but that is what your actions will be judged by.

I support Concealed Carry. I support the Second. I also support Law enforcement in making their jobs easier, and safer.

Sorry….when he ran your make he would know if you were a criminal or had outstanding warrants…..the license doesn’t help you with him. Without the license you tell him you have the gun and the exact same sequence of events happens…….if you pop as a criminal he then knows your gun is illegal and can arrest you…..but the criminal isn’t going to admit to the gun in the first place…….so the license is really pointless

Nonsense.

Yes, it is perfectly Constitutional to require a
Government permit before you are
Allowed to join a church…..right? You moron. Since the Supreme Court has never ruled on that that means it is Constitutional-according to your past posts…..right?

Nonsense.

A license isn't required to own private property, engage in the free exercise of religion, engage in free speech, petition the government for redress of grievances, or vote. So yeah, you can bet your happy ass requiring a CCW permit is unconstitutional.

A license isn't required to own private property, engage in the free exercise of religion, engage in free speech, petition the government for redress of grievances, or vote. So yeah, you can bet your happy ass requiring a CCW permit is unconstitutional.

And every single one of those things is restricted.

And every single one of those things is restricted.
There are no restrictions on any of those, accept for voting (which isn't really a right but that's for later)

I can practice any religion I choose, without a permit of any kind. Same goes for every right I listed.

Predictable whining from leftists in 3...2...1 Zzzzz....

PjMedia

VICTORY: Gun-Rights Advocates Score a MAJOR Win in Ohio​

BY PAULA BOLYARD MAR 14, 2022

Excerpt:

On Monday afternoon, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine signed into law a bill that removes the state’s training and permitting requirements to carry a concealed handgun in the state.

Senate Bill 215, which takes effect in 90 days, will allow adult residents of the state to lawfully carry a concealed handgun. The law removes requirements for training and obtaining a permit from the local sheriff’s office in order to exercise one’s Second-Amendment right to bear arms in the state of Ohio. The text of the legislation stipulates:

LINK

Nice. My BIL and Nephew who live there are very happy about this.

There are no restrictions on any of those, accept for voting (which isn't really a right but that's for later)

I can practice any religion I choose, without a permit of any kind. Same goes for every right I listed.

You can not marry multiple wives. No matter what Religion you practice. Shall I give other religious examples?

Freedom of speech does not include threats.

So yes. Your speech is restricted.

Every single right has exceptions and restrictions. You may think it shouldn’t. But it does.

Georgia is liable to be a Democratic State by the end of the year. With Trump screwing up the Republicans, the odds of them holding the statewide offices and legislature is less than even money.
two blue counties don't make THE REST OF RED Georgia BLUE.
Warrnok is dead in the water at a chance for reelection and Ossoff lol

You can not marry multiple wives. No matter what Religion you practice. Shall I give other religious examples?

Freedom of speech does not include threats.

So yes. Your speech is restricted.

Every single right has exceptions and restrictions. You may think it shouldn’t. But it does.
but which one do you need a permit for??

threats are not illegal,,

two blue counties don't make THE REST OF RED Georgia BLUE.
Warrnok is dead in the water at a chance for reelection and Ossoff lol

Ok. Let’s deal in reality shall we?

Kemp won by 50k votes.

Right now. Warnock is trailing by one percent. One. 1.

And so far all anyone knows about Walker is he played Football.

Kemp with the incumbent advantage has the best chance to beat Abrams.

But that counts on the Trumpsters to show up and vote for someone that Trump detests. How many will stay home?

Kemp realizes that Georgia is a slightly right of center state generally speaking. Trump thinks we are his minions.

As for me. I probably won’t vote.

Ok. Let’s deal in reality shall we?

Kemp won by 50k votes.

Right now. Warnock isbless your heart georgia loves their guns trailing by one percent. One. 1.

And so far all anyone knows about Walker is he played Football.

Kemp with the incumbent advantage has the best chance to beat Abrams.

But that counts on the Trumpsters to show up and vote for someone that Trump detests. How many will stay home?

Kemp realizes that Georgia is a slightly right of center state generally speaking. Trump thinks we are his minions.

As for me. I probably won’t vote.
bless your heart Gorigians love their guns they aren't going blue ever
Look what happened in Virigina they got complacent but come the next election goodbye democrats
It's ain't happening in Georgia

New Topics

Forum List

Back