Gods name in the bible

Do you? You do know that he learned to read and speak reading the bible, don't you? You didn't? So, tell me why you think he did?
What do you think of this?

"In 1891 the First Presidency and Apostles of the Mormon Church made the following statement in a petition to the President of the United States: "We formerly taught to our people that polygamy or celestial marriage as commanded by God through Joseph Smith was right; that it was a necessity to man's highest exaltation in the life to come." (Reed Smoot Case, vol. 1, page 18)

"The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy. Others attain unto a glory and may even be permitted to come into the presence of the Father and the Son; but they cannot reign as kings in glory, because they had blessings offered unto them, and they refused to accept them."
- The Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol 11, p. 269

-"Now if any of you will deny the plurality of wives, and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 266).

He had three years of formal education, and people didn't speak in King James English in the USA when he was alive.. Where did he get his revelation from?
He learned mostly from his mother who taught him to read from the Bible like many families did in the early 1800's. A typical ant-Mormon using 21st century understanding to damn those in the 1700's and 1800's. Just like you do with the Founding Fathers. Judge people you do not know unrighteously. People did speak that way.
His revelation came through the influence of the Holy Ghost where he saw and spoke with the Father and Son.

He learned mostly from his mother who taught him to read from the Bible like many families did in the early 1800's. A typical ant-Mormon using 21st century understanding to damn those in the 1700's and 1800's. Just like you do with the Founding Fathers. Judge people you do not know unrighteously. People did speak that way.
His revelation came through the influence of the Holy Ghost where he saw and spoke with the Father and Son.
What's your opinion of post #61?

What do you think of this?

"In 1891 the First Presidency and Apostles of the Mormon Church made the following statement in a petition to the President of the United States: "We formerly taught to our people that polygamy or celestial marriage as commanded by God through Joseph Smith was right; that it was a necessity to man's highest exaltation in the life to come." (Reed Smoot Case, vol. 1, page 18)

"The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy. Others attain unto a glory and may even be permitted to come into the presence of the Father and the Son; but they cannot reign as kings in glory, because they had blessings offered unto them, and they refused to accept them."
- The Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol 11, p. 269

-"Now if any of you will deny the plurality of wives, and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 266).
There is no contradiction. Because the Church stopped polygamy so the state would get into the U.S. as a state of Utah, the teaching or practice of polygamy would be stopped. In the Journal of Discourses, note the reason for not obtaining the highest degree in the Celestial Kingdom. It was because they had the blessings offered them and they REFUSED to accept them. After polygamy ended in the Church, it was no longer offered them and it wasn't because of refusal. This is much like the concept of baptism for the dead for those who did not have the opportunity to hear of the Jesus Christ, the Gospel and of baptismal requirement to enter into the Celestial Kingdom. Those men who obtain the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom but did not have Church authority to do it will have the opportunity as well. Much of this will happen during the 1,000 year of the Millennium. So, no contradiction.
By the way, in the NT, certain men who had callings that limited them to one wife, did not refuse polygamy either and will have this opportunity provided them as well if they qualify. Bishops, certain priests......
So, no false anything except your lack of understanding...You should ask questions of active members rather than looking to Google to provide you with anti-Mormon stuff. You will get a better answer.

There is no contradiction. Because the Church stopped polygamy so the state would get into the U.S. as a state of Utah, the teaching or practice of polygamy would be stopped. In the Journal of Discourses, note the reason for not obtaining the highest degree in the Celestial Kingdom. It was because they had the blessings offered them and they REFUSED to accept them. After polygamy ended in the Church, it was no longer offered them and it wasn't because of refusal. This is much like the concept of baptism for the dead for those who did not have the opportunity to hear of the Jesus Christ, the Gospel and of baptismal requirement to enter into the Celestial Kingdom. Those men who obtain the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom but did not have Church authority to do it will have the opportunity as well. Much of this will happen during the 1,000 year of the Millennium. So, no contradiction.
By the way, in the NT, certain men who had callings that limited them to one wife, did not refuse polygamy either and will have this opportunity provided them as well if they qualify. Bishops, certain priests......
So, no false anything except your lack of understanding...You should ask questions of active members rather than looking to Google to provide you with anti-Mormon stuff. You will get a better answer.
My understanding is just fine. When Brigham Young makes a promise, then it isn't really a promise. According to Deuteronomy that makes him a false Prophet. According to your prophets, Polygamy is an Everlasting Covenant. In other words, you're telling me there really is no such thing. You can't have it both ways. A Biblical Prophet can't change his prophecy unless God changes it. Isn't that true? Here is a good read.

My understanding is just fine. When Brigham Young makes a promise, then it isn't really a promise. According to Deuteronomy that makes him a false Prophet. According to your prophets, Polygamy is an Everlasting Covenant. In other words, you're telling me there really is no such thing. You can't have it both ways. A Biblical Prophet can't change his prophecy unless God changes it. Isn't that true? Here is a good read.
Yes, it is and everlasting covenant. So? So is Baptism. Yet, only a very small fraction of people ever got to hear Jesus preach and a small fraction today get to know the fulness of the Gospel and have the opportunity to refuse baptism. But, as in 1Peter chapter 3, the Lord goes to many in spirit prison that didn't get to have an opportunity to accept or refuse his Gospel. Yet, will have that opportunity because of baptisms for the dead. Same with polygamy for those who will attain the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom. They will have the opportunity for taking on more than one Queen. Those men and woman that refuse righteously will not obtain the status of God's and Goddesses. See, there will be way more women that will be in this position than men. It wouldn't be right to keep a woman out of the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom just because she didn't have a man. But, your ignorance would deny women that right. Misogynist for sure!!!

Yes, it is and everlasting covenant. So? So is Baptism. Yet, only a very small fraction of people ever got to hear Jesus preach and a small fraction today get to know the fulness of the Gospel and have the opportunity to refuse baptism. But, as in 1Peter chapter 3, the Lord goes to many in spirit prison that didn't get to have an opportunity to accept or refuse his Gospel. Yet, will have that opportunity because of baptisms for the dead. Same with polygamy for those who will attain the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom. They will have the opportunity for taking on more than one Queen. Those men and woman that refuse righteously will not obtain the status of God's and Goddesses. See, there will be way more women that will be in this position than men. It wouldn't be right to keep a woman out of the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom just because she didn't have a man. But, your ignorance would deny women that right. Misogynist for sure!!!
You have a misunderstanding of baptism for the dead. Paul was mentioning what others practiced, not church doctrine. There is such doctrine in the Church. Another false teaching.

You are so lost. There are three members of the Godhead. In OT times, only Heavenly Father had a glorified human body. Jehovah was part of the Godhead but only with a spirit body. And, the same with the Holy Ghost. Jehovah came down to receive his body, establish his Church and doctrine, and atone for the sins of those properly baptized by one with proper priesthood authority to do so. Then, he was resurrected after his crucifixion and received his glorified body and sits now on the right hand of the Father, both glorified. I'm so thankful that our Church has real prophets to straighten out mixed up people who are learning from false prophets lying about when the 2nd Coming of Christ will take place.
You are mislead and misleading others in your posts. YHWH is the only true God= The Abrahamic God 100% truth he is the single being God served by Israel.

You have a misunderstanding of baptism for the dead. Paul was mentioning what others practiced, not church doctrine. There is such doctrine in the Church. Another false teaching.
And, again, you are asuming you know what he was talking about. No, he was not. And, Paul taught about the resurrection. It's really sad to think there are so many Christians that think they are the only ones going to be in Heaven and that if they didn't accept Christ and be baptized they are going to hell even thought they never heard of him. Imagine you are a perfect individual, humble, gracious and have all the attributes of Christ except you were born in a country and time period where Jesus Christ or Jehovah were never taught. Heck, I met a kid in Southern California who was 13 and used the Lord's name in vain and never knew who the Lord is. Had no clue. I'm so glad I know the truth of this verse and that it isn't anything like you claim. My ancestors who are Jewish have a shot still.

You are mislead and misleading others in your posts. YHWH is the only true God= The Abrahamic God 100% truth he is the single being God served by Israel.
Jesus is Jehovah. John 10:34... Game over. You lose...

And, again, you are asuming you know what he was talking about. No, he was not. And, Paul taught about the resurrection. It's really sad to think there are so many Christians that think they are the only ones going to be in Heaven and that if they didn't accept Christ and be baptized they are going to hell even thought they never heard of him. Imagine you are a perfect individual, humble, gracious and have all the attributes of Christ except you were born in a country and time period where Jesus Christ or Jehovah were never taught. Heck, I met a kid in Southern California who was 13 and used the Lord's name in vain and never knew who the Lord is. Had no clue. I'm so glad I know the truth of this verse and that it isn't anything like you claim. My ancestors who are Jewish have a shot still.
My Bible says salvation is by faith in Jesus, not an organization or a Prophet. Jesus is all I need. Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with Jesus that day. He wasn't Baptized. No one knows what Paul was referring to, but there are no instances in the Scripture of baptizing for the dead. This is the danger of taking one obscure Scripture and making a doctrine from it.

My Bible says salvation is by faith in Jesus, not an organization or a Prophet. Jesus is all I need. Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with Jesus that day. He wasn't Baptized. No one knows what Paul was referring to, but there are no instances in the Scripture of baptizing for the dead. This is the danger of taking one obscure Scripture and making a doctrine from it.
John 3:5, "Jesus answered, verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water (Baptism) and (in addition to) of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." So, by faith ye are saved. What does that even mean compared to entering the Kingdom of God? They don't mean the same thing. A person can be like you and saved in the Terrestrial Kingdom but not the Celestial Kingdom because your faith without works is dead as pertaining to the Celestial Kingdom (The Kingdom of the Most High God). James 2:26.

John 3:5, "Jesus answered, verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water (Baptism) and (in addition to) of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." So, by faith ye are saved. What does that even mean compared to entering the Kingdom of God? They don't mean the same thing. A person can be like you and saved in the Terrestrial Kingdom but not the Celestial Kingdom because your faith without works is dead as pertaining to the Celestial Kingdom (The Kingdom of the Most High God). James 2:26.
Nope. Born of the water is physical birth, not baptism. Born again is Spiritual birth.
You can't be saved by works. Salvation is by faith. The thief on the cross didn't get baptized. There was nothing he could do. He was saved by faith,, not works. Read this.

Nope. Born of the water is physical birth, not baptism. Born again is Spiritual birth.

You can't be saved by works. Salvation is by faith. The thief on the cross didn't get baptized. There was nothing he could do. He was saved by faith,, not works. Read this.
Yes, baptisms must be performed on earth as it represents the atonement of Christ dying for our sins and being raised into a new life in Christ. That is a spiritual birth no matter how you cut it. For us, we simulate death by going under the water. And, we simulate our new rebirth coming out of the water. Or, we simulate our life before birth and after birth. No matter how you slice it, this is a rebirth necessary to enter into the Celestial Kingdom. Unless you think Jesus lied. Unless you think he lied about being baptized like he was in water. The kind that flows in the Jordan River.
The word "and" means in addition to. So, you must be baptized by water and also have the Holy Ghost given to you which is the spiritual baptism. If you remember that first Jesus was baptized by water by John. Then, the Holy Ghost descended and baptized Jesus by the Spirit or Holy Ghost. We have to do the same thing.
You sure like to call the Lord and his apostles liars. What is it with you born againers? You can't just follow Christ. Shame on you.

Yes, baptisms must be performed on earth as it represents the atonement of Christ dying for our sins and being raised into a new life in Christ. That is a spiritual birth no matter how you cut it. For us, we simulate death by going under the water. And, we simulate our new rebirth coming out of the water. Or, we simulate our life before birth and after birth. No matter how you slice it, this is a rebirth necessary to enter into the Celestial Kingdom. Unless you think Jesus lied. Unless you think he lied about being baptized like he was in water. The kind that flows in the Jordan River.
The word "and" means in addition to. So, you must be baptized by water and also have the Holy Ghost given to you which is the spiritual baptism. If you remember that first Jesus was baptized by water by John. Then, the Holy Ghost descended and baptized Jesus by the Spirit or Holy Ghost. We have to do the same thing.
You sure like to call the Lord and his apostles liars. What is it with you born againers? You can't just follow Christ. Shame on you.
Yes, Baptism REPRESENTS the new birth. However, water in John 3:5 refers to the first birth, the Spirit refers to the second birth, born again. You weren't baptized when you came out of the womb. When did the thief on the cross get baptized?

Last edited:
Yes, Baptism REPRESENTS the new birth. However, water in John 3:5 refers to the first birth, the Spirit refers to the second birth, born again. You weren't baptized when you came out of the womb. When did the thief on the cross get baptized.
No it doesn't. That's just dumb. Jesus said clearly you have to be baptized of water, not amniotic fluid. The verse also says, "except a MAN be born of water. Not unborn infant. Then, there is Ephesians which explodes your false doctrine, "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. You are saved by grace if you have faith in Christ. But, to enter into the Celestial Kingdom of God the Father, you must be baptized with water as a man or woman and capable of sinning. Baptism is for the remissions of your committed sins. Well, an infant unborn cannot sin. Such false doctrine as bad as baptizing infants.
Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. Two things. Faith to believe in Christ and also the physical act of being baptized of water or in water.

No it doesn't. That's just dumb. Jesus said clearly you have to be baptized of water, not amniotic fluid. The verse also says, "except a MAN be born of water. Not unborn infant. Then, there is Ephesians which explodes your false doctrine, "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. You are saved by grace if you have faith in Christ. But, to enter into the Celestial Kingdom of God the Father, you must be baptized with water as a man or woman and capable of sinning. Baptism is for the remissions of your committed sins. Well, an infant unborn cannot sin. Such false doctrine as bad as baptizing infants.
Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. Two things. Faith to believe in Christ and also the physical act of being baptized of water or in water.
Either I'm saved by faith or not. You can't be saved by faith AND works. Tell me when the thief on the cross was baptized.

Jesus teaches--Matthew 7:21--Those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom( be saved)

God inspired his written word, God put his name in the OT in nearly 6800 places. Every spot-GOD or LORD all capitols is. And his name in the NT in a couple hundred more where the OT is quoted and the name belongs. God put his name in those spots because he wants it there= his will.
Thus every translation on earth that has the name removed was accomplished by satans will, satans will keeps it out to mislead. Every religion using those translations are doing satans will. The ones using altered translations by satans will even rejected the translators who had love and respect for Gods will to put his name back even though they know 100% God put his name there. Think about that.

A prime example of how one is being mislead by the removal of that name= Acts 2:21--Those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved= a quote of Joel 2:31-32--Those who call on the name of YHWH(Jehovah) will be saved--the ones mislead will be calling on Jesus name--because you have LORD at Joel 2:31-32-- and at Acts 2:21--YHWH(Jehovah) name belongs in both spots.

Thus all using the altered versions are being mislead by satans will= 100% fact of life.

History Actual.

The Hebrew word "Elohim" is used over 3800 times in the Bible. It is a plural noun used in a singular form, much like the English word that describes a herd, a flock or a tribe is used in singular form to represent more than a literal one.

Such names are abbreviations in names that end with "el" such as Israel which literally means "one who wrestles with God".

In the Greek Language the name for God is "Theos" such as is used in (Genesis 17:1), God revealed Himself to Abram (the name before God changed Abram to Abraham) as the ALMIGHTY GOD.

It is a common practice in the Bible for the name of God to be combined with other descriptors (traits). Examples: Eternal God (Deut. 33:17). Living God (Jos. 3:10)

A new name for God was introduced for God (Yahweh) meaning Lord. Exodus 6:3, "I (God) appeared to Abraham, to Issiac, and to Jacob, BUT BY MY NAME LORD I WAS NOT KNOWN."

This name is used over 6800 times in the O.T. alone......the accepted term is translated to mean "He is", or "the Eternal". But when translated into Greek....the word for Lord was used meaning Mater or Ruler.

It also is used in abbreviations at ends of a word such as "halleu Yah" (praise Yahewh) or "Isaiah" (Yahewh has saved).

How did Yahewh become Jehovah?

By 300 B.C. it was traditional not to pronounce God's name; instead, when it was found in a reading, the word Lord was used in its place.

This tradition was transferred over the Greek Translation called the "Septuagint" where the Greek word for Lord was used whenever YHWH was found.

Fast forward the 6th century, the original Hebrew was no longer commonly spoken and those in the Jewish community were afraid that people would forget how to pronounce the language (the Hebrew language consisted only of consonants in written format).........thus vowel patterns were added. But when it came to the word YHWH, the vowels for Lord were used since they said the word Lord when it was in written format.

Jumping ahead further into the future, when Hebrew was translated into English.....the German system was used (as was common in early English translations) .............J's sound like Y's and V's like W. Thus the mistranslated name for God......Jehovah.

Try it. pronounce VW in German wolks vagaon in English.........in German it is was pronuced with a w translationg to sound like like a V in English....... literal translation to People's or Family Wagon.......or as Hitler said, The People's Wagon/car.

The early German to English from Hebrew translation did not comprehend the vowel shift sounds so the wrong vowels from the original Hebrew was used. The King James translation did not constantly use Jehovah for YHWH in its text.....it used the Greek word for LORD.

The ASV translation was determined to be more accurate in its translation and used Jehovah consistently.

Reality: The mistake was not realized until the mid 1900s when people learned the correct method of pronouncing YHWH.....which translated to LORD in written format.

It's a place. Har Megido. Mount Megido. And it's not what Xtians say it is.
It is exactly what Christians say it is. It is, in Greek, translated to, hill of a place of crowds. It is a hill built on 26 layers of civilizations, one on top of the other dating back to 7000 BC.
It is the bloodiest battlefield in history. Over 200 battles have been fought there.
It is the location of the first recorded battle in history, and will be the location of the last.
Because God dots all the i's and crosses all the t's.

For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Either I'm saved by faith or not. You can't be saved by faith AND works. Tell me when the thief on the cross was baptized.
Jesus said to the thief on the cross,

Luke 23:43
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

After Jesus was resurrect, He told Mary the following:

John 20:17
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

So where is Paradise? Jesus had not yet ascended to his Father in Heaven three days after his crucifixion when he spoke to Mary. Yet, the man on the cross was with Jesus on that very day in Paradise. Jesus went and preached to those who were dead after his death and before his resurrection. There the man on the cross was with Jesus in Paradise. He was not with him in the kingdom of heaven for Jesus had not yet ascend to heaven to meet his Father in Heaven. The man on the cross would have to receive baptism for the dead in the world of spirits (where the dead reside) before entering into the kingdom of heaven.

1 Peter 3:18-20
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Forum List

Back