Gods name in the bible

Jesus said to the thief on the cross,

Luke 23:43
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

After Jesus was resurrect, He told Mary the following:

John 20:17
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

So where is Paradise? Jesus had not yet ascended to his Father in Heaven three days after his crucifixion when he spoke to Mary. Yet, the man on the cross was with Jesus on that very day in Paradise. Jesus went and preached to those who were dead after his death and before his resurrection. There the man on the cross was with Jesus in Paradise. He was not with him in the kingdom of heaven for Jesus had not yet ascend to heaven to meet his Father in Heaven. The man on the cross would have to receive baptism for the dead in the world of spirits (where the dead reside) before entering into the kingdom of heaven.

1 Peter 3:18-20
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
Where is the Scripture that says the thief was baptized?

Either I'm saved by faith or not. You can't be saved by faith AND works. Tell me when the thief on the cross was baptized.
Reading comprehension problems again. Did I say you aren't saved by faith? No. I said you are saved by faith. But, you won't enter into the Kingdom of God, the highest degree of heaven as taught by Paul in First Corinthians chapter 15. Get with the program. There are three levels and then 3 more in the Celestial Kingdom.
James was clear. Did he lie when he said faith without works is dead? What don't you get? See, James is talking about reaching the Kingdom of God the Father. Not just saved in a lower mansion or kingdom as Paul wrote. Baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost which is baptism by fire are essential for the higher mansion of Heaven.
Jesus went to see him in the spirit world. 1Peter 3:18-21. Paul said the people were baptizing for the dead. Perhaps his work has been done for him because of his faith. If not yet, we will get to him in the Millennium.

Reading comprehension problems again. Did I say you aren't saved by faith? No. I said you are saved by faith. But, you won't enter into the Kingdom of God, the highest degree of heaven as taught by Paul in First Corinthians chapter 15. Get with the program. There are three levels and then 3 more in the Celestial Kingdom.
James was clear. Did he lie when he said faith without works is dead? What don't you get? See, James is talking about reaching the Kingdom of God the Father. Not just saved in a lower mansion or kingdom as Paul wrote. Baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost which is baptism by fire are essential for the higher mansion of Heaven.
Jesus went to see him in the spirit world. 1Peter 3:18-21. Paul said the people were baptizing for the dead. Perhaps his work has been done for him because of his faith. If not yet, we will get to him in the Millennium.
Cease with the insults about comprehension. 1 Corinthians 15 doesn't say that I have to be baptized to enter the highest degree of heaven.

Jesus said to the thief on the cross,

Luke 23:43
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

After Jesus was resurrect, He told Mary the following:

John 20:17
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

So where is Paradise? Jesus had not yet ascended to his Father in Heaven three days after his crucifixion when he spoke to Mary. Yet, the man on the cross was with Jesus on that very day in Paradise. Jesus went and preached to those who were dead after his death and before his resurrection. There the man on the cross was with Jesus in Paradise. He was not with him in the kingdom of heaven for Jesus had not yet ascend to heaven to meet his Father in Heaven. The man on the cross would have to receive baptism for the dead in the world of spirits (where the dead reside) before entering into the kingdom of heaven.

1 Peter 3:18-20
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
Paradise is in "Hades"..........the realm of the dead. Jesus taught in a parable that Hades consists of 2 places.......one for those who have done good and one for those who have done evil and had their reward while living. One is resting in the Bossom of Abraham.......the other in place of torment. There is a void (separation) between the 2 compartments of Hades. The evil rich man wanted Abraham to go preach to his brothers........but Abraham told him, if they will not hear Moses and the Prophets......they will not hear one risen from the grave. (Luke 23:24)

What happened to the thief on the cross? He went to Hades awaiting judgement of his soul......he went to paradise because God in the flesh forgave his sins before death. The N.T. covenant did not go into effect until Jesus declared it is finished with His last breath......the thief was still under the Law of Moses and was forgiven directly by the Son of God who was given all authority on earth and in heaven.

The bible teaches that mankind consists of 3 parts. 1. Spirit 2. Soul 3. Body. Paul prayed, "........may your whole, spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess. 5:23) Your body is the part which is "tangible/physical" seen and touchable by all. Your spirit is that which is made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27). The soul is your life force that animates your flesh the part that makes you a living being. (Genesis 2:7)

Death then is when your soul, your life, separates from your physical body. Without life the flesh will decay and go back to the dust from which mankind was created. The spirit goes back to God who gave it (Eccl 12:6-7)

Your soul awaits judgement in Hades. "For we all must appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that each one may receive the things done in the body, according what he has done, whether good or bad." -- 2 Cor. 5:10

John declares the same with no ambiguity, "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth....those who has done good to the resurrection of life; and those who have done evil to the resurrection of condemnation." -- John 5:28-29

Rev. 20:13 declares, "............Death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them." The dead will be judged when Jesus returns. Its the end of the age. Game over. No 1000 year reign......just final judgment.

Cease with the insults about comprehension. 1 Corinthians 15 doesn't say that I have to be baptized to enter the highest degree of heaven.
The highest degree of heaven is the kingdom of God the Father. Baptism isn't required for the lower levels of glory. Just faith to bow and kneel to Christ and confess Jesus is the Christ. See, we believe that almost everyone will do this eventually. There will be some who even in front of the Father and Son, being shown this, will still deny them as their God. In other words, commit the unpardonable sin of denying the Holy Ghost with both physical and spiritual eyes open. Most Christians will say that most people will never get to heaven and will be in hell forever. Not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The only question is, where in heaven do we want to reside and how to get there. How to be families forever.

The highest degree of heaven is the kingdom of God the Father. Baptism isn't required for the lower levels of glory. Just faith to bow and kneel to Christ and confess Jesus is the Christ. See, we believe that almost everyone will do this eventually. There will be some who even in front of the Father and Son, being shown this, will still deny them as their God. In other words, commit the unpardonable sin of denying the Holy Ghost with both physical and spiritual eyes open. Most Christians will say that most people will never get to heaven and will be in hell forever. Not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The only question is, where in heaven do we want to reside and how to get there. How to be families forever.
And you have no Scripture to back that up.

Where is the Scripture that says the thief was baptized?
It doesn't. And I never said it did. What I said was that the thief would have to be baptized by proxy to enter the kingdom of heaven. As Cougarbear has stated earlier, and in response to Nicodemus' question, Jesus replied:

John 3:4-5
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22-23
22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judæa; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23 And John also was baptizing in Ænon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

Jesus not only taught baptism but he also performed baptism. He himself, to set the example for all mankind, was baptized. Are we to believe that these baptisms done and performed by Jesus and John were unnecessary? No. Except a man be born of the water and the spirit they cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Water baptism was an essential ordinance for mankind to receive.

Paul in his epistle to the Corinthians, who were members of the church and knew about baptism for the dead, used baptism for the dead to bolster his argument for the resurrection. He basically was saying, Why else do they baptize for the dead if the dead rise not at all? Some of the members were having difficulty believing in the resurrection and Paul used baptism for the dead to help them further accept the truth of the resurrection.

And you have no Scripture to back that up.
And, I've given you most of them already. "The man is not without the woman and the woman is not without the man in the Lord." "What ever is bound on earth will be bound in heaven." Conversely, whatever is loosed on earth because of lack of humility and ordinance work will be loosed in heaven. This is why we do baptisms and sealings in Temples along with other works of faith.

It doesn't. And I never said it did. What I said was that the thief would have to be baptized by proxy to enter the kingdom of heaven. As Cougarbear has stated earlier, and in response to Nicodemus' question, Jesus replied:

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22-23
22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judæa; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23 And John also was baptizing in Ænon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

Jesus not only taught baptism but he also performed baptism. He himself, to set the example for all mankind, was baptized. Are we to believe that these baptisms done and performed by Jesus and John were unnecessary? No. Except a man be born of the water and the spirit they cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Water baptism was an essential ordinance for mankind to receive.

Paul in his epistle to the Corinthians, who were members of the church and knew about baptism for the dead, used baptism for the dead to bolster his argument for the resurrection. He basically was saying, Why else do they baptize for the dead if the dead rise not at all? Some of the members were having difficulty believing in the resurrection and Paul used baptism for the dead to help them further accept the truth of the resurrection.
Scripture doesn't say born of water baptism. Paul never used water baptism for the dead. You're making stuff up that can't be supported by Scripture.

And, I've given you most of them already. "The man is not without the woman and the woman is not without the man in the Lord." "What ever is bound on earth will be bound in heaven." Conversely, whatever is loosed on earth because of lack of humility and ordinance work will be loosed in heaven. This is why we do baptisms and sealings in Temples along with other works of faith.
No, you haven't. You're twisting Scripture. Paul never baptized anyone for the dead. Show me the Scripture where baptism gets you in the Kingdom of God. Show me.

No, you haven't. You're twisting Scripture. Paul never baptized anyone for the dead. Show me the Scripture where baptism gets you in the Kingdom of God. Show me.
Scripture is not for your private interpretations. God is no respecter of men either.
Both versus answered all your questions. Being in amniotic fluid and being born is not "baptism." Baptism is a "second" birth. Jesus said it is done with water as he was baptized in the river Jordan. And, without this baptism by one with authority, you cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. It's right in front of you.
The thief on the cross with Jesus was told by Jesus that because of his faith, he would be in "Paradise" with Jesus, not the Kingdom of God. Paradise and hell are two places that make up our waiting station for our judgment and resurrection. It's known as Spirit Prison. Those with faith in Christ go to Paradise. The rest go to Hell and are taught the Gospel as Jesus did in 1Peter chapter 3 did. What Jesus did was actually go and set up a missionary army to go into Hell and preach to those willing to listen now.

Scripture is not for your private interpretations. God is no respecter of men either.
Both versus answered all your questions. Being in amniotic fluid and being born is not "baptism." Baptism is a "second" birth. Jesus said it is done with water as he was baptized in the river Jordan. And, without this baptism by one with authority, you cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. It's right in front of you.
The thief on the cross with Jesus was told by Jesus that because of his faith, he would be in "Paradise" with Jesus, not the Kingdom of God. Paradise and hell are two places that make up our waiting station for our judgment and Lilliputresurrection. It's known as Spirit Prison. Those with faith in Christ go to Paradise. The rest go to Hell and are taught the Gospel as Jesus did in 1Peter chapter 3 did. What Jesus did was actually go and set up a missionary army to go into Hell and preach to those willing to listen now.
Whoa there, partner. You have no authority over me. So you're telling me that the thief was with Jesus in Paradise, but now isn't with Jesus. I don't believe that.

Whoa there, partner. You have no authority over me. So you're telling me that the thief was with Jesus in Paradise, but now isn't with Jesus. I don't believe that.
Again, Paradise is not the Kingdom of God (Celestial Glory) in Heaven. Paradise is a waiting station for the judgment day and resurrection. Jesus is resurrected so they would not be in the same location yet. I'm not the thief's judge. That is the Lord's decision if he receives Celestial Glory, Terrestrial Glory or Telestial Glory. 1Corinthians chapter 15.
Of course I have no authority over you. That isn't what authority is. You can think what you want. But, I can disagree and give you correct information on this topic. And, I have. So, explain why you think Jesus just sits around in Paradise with the thief again???

Again, Paradise is not the Kingdom of God (Celestial Glory) in Heaven. Paradise is a waiting station for the judgment day and resurrection. Jesus is resurrected so they would not be in the same location yet. I'm not the thief's judge. That is the Lord's decision if he receives Celestial Glory, Terrestrial Glory or Telestial Glory. 1Corinthians chapter 15.
Of course I have no authority over you. That isn't what authority is. You can think what you want. But, I can disagree and give you correct information on this topic. And, I have. So, explain why you think Jesus just sits around in Paradise with the thief again???
Where does the Bible Scripture teach about Celestial Glory and Terrestrial Glory?

Where does the Bible Scripture teach about Celestial Glory and Terrestrial Glory?
Why do you ask questions that the answer is in the post I just gave? First Corinthians chapter 15. It's much about the resurrection and our eventual state of being. Also, it answers the question about those who did not have the opportunity for baptism when they were alive on earth. That, vicariously, baptisms will be performed for those people because baptism is an earthly only ordinance much like celestial marriage is also.

Why do you ask questions that the answer is in the post I just gave? First Corinthians chapter 15. It's much about the resurrection and our eventual state of being. Also, it answers the question about those who did not have the opportunity for baptism when they were alive on earth. That, vicariously, baptisms will be performed for those people because baptism is an earthly only ordinance much like celestial marriage is also.
I want the verses.

I want the verses.
1655508260785.png

The only thing I'd change with this is that I'd call the "Spirit World", "Spirit Prison and "Spirit Prison" , Hell.

Forum List

Back