Gods name in the bible

You are so lost. There are three members of the Godhead. In OT times, only Heavenly Father had a glorified human body. Jehovah was part of the Godhead but only with a spirit body. And, the same with the Holy Ghost. Jehovah came down to receive his body, establish his Church and doctrine, and atone for the sins of those properly baptized by one with proper priesthood authority to do so. Then, he was resurrected after his crucifixion and received his glorified body and sits now on the right hand of the Father, both glorified. I'm so thankful that our Church has real prophets to straighten out mixed up people who are learning from false prophets lying about when the 2nd Coming of Christ will take place.

That's right .. Mormons still have prophets.. kind of like Hal Lindsey.

Depends on how you explain it. There will be tribulations preceding the 2nd Coming of Christ. There will be some who will be resurrected at that time of the 2nd Coming as stated in the Bible. But, the earth will not be destroyed or celestialized at that point. It will go back into a state of no death for the thousand years. But, after all the work is done for those who never had the opportunity to hear and accept the gospel, be baptized and receive their promised gifts, those who did not die or were born during the millennium will be tested as we are today. Satan will be loosed to do this for a short time, then sent to Perdition forever.

The tribulation was over in 70 AD... The new Christians fled Jerusalem for Pella on the edge of the Decapolis so they avoided the suffering.

The tribulation was over in 70 AD... The new Christians fled Jerusalem for Pella on the edge of the Decapolis so they avoided the suffering.
Not Armageddon. Get with the program! Jesus did not return in 70 AD. :dunno:

He claims to be a prophet. Jesus warned about the fake prophets that would come along.
He certainly is. Joseph Smith was a true prophet, seer and revelator. All his prophecies have come true. Including when he said the civil war would begin in South Carolina decades before it did. Unlike the Jehovah Witness false prophets.

Lolol he didn't say it would. It was the end temple Judaism.
Actually, it was the beginning of the great apostasy of Christianity. Churches would spring up like the Catholic Church but not have authority to act in Christ's name. However, John was given the blessing to be translated until Christ's 2nd Coming and has been around keeping the spark alive until the heaven's reopened coming to the Prophet Joseph Smith in 1820. He was around to make sure certain books and letters were included in the Bible. Although, much was lost because of apostasy. John also helped the re-establishment of the country of Israel and helped stop the war in 1948-9.

Actually, it was the beginning of the great apostasy of Christianity. Churches would spring up like the Catholic Church but not have authority to act in Christ's name. However, John was given the blessing to be translated until Christ's 2nd Coming and has been around keeping the spark alive until the heaven's reopened coming to the Prophet Joseph Smith in 1820. He was around to make sure certain books and letters were included in the Bible. Although, much was lost because of apostasy. John also helped the re-establishment of the country of Israel and helped stop the war in 1948-9.

That was the purpose of the Scofield Bible..to promote futurism and Christian Zionism.

That was the purpose of the Scofield Bible..to promote futurism and Christian Zionism.
I was talking about the work done around 367 AD when the books and letters of the NT were decided upon that would make up the NT and combined with the OT already decided upon.

Are you aware that the Bible says in Deuteronomy that if someone claims to be a Prophet of God and is wrong only once they're a false prophet.

Are you aware that the Bible says in Deuteronomy that if someone claims to be a Prophet of God and is wrong only once they're a false prophet.
The JW prophets were wrong 5 times. If you have something from Duet. post it.

I've been a member for 45 years. What do you think? There is nothing new in 45 years. All the same nonsense.
I know it's difficult to accept. Did you ever wonder why Joseph Smith wrote in King James English?

I know it's difficult to accept. Did you ever wonder why Joseph Smith wrote in King James English?
Do you? You do know that he learned to read and speak reading the bible, don't you? You didn't? So, tell me why you think he did?

Do you? You do know that he learned to read and speak reading the bible, don't you? You didn't? So, tell me why you think he did?
He had three years of formal education, and people didn't speak in King James English in the USA when he was alive.. Where did he get his revelation from?

Forum List

Back