God Works In Mysterious Ways

I ended up in hell house. This is not a whine. We bought what we believed to be the dream house of a lifetime. Ruh roh. You have no idea. But talk about faith. Faith is the only thing that brought both of us through. This house was nothing short of demonic. This house was crazy. This house was evil.

I could tell you stories that really would make your hair stand on end.

Wow so like a "real life" Amityville type thing? Scary.... I'm sure you don't want to relive it by telling..........

Look up Hawtrey Ontario.

Our beautiful little house figures prominently. It was the prettiest little house. And I ended up fighting with the devil. Faith. Faith brought me thru. I'm of no denomination now but I can tell you straight on there is a God. I call him Jehovah. And he saved us.

Have you ever had God work in your life?
A miracle cure? Something that can not be explained?

I have been turned down for a job I prayed for but kept praying and 3 days later the employer called backing saying the person turned it down. I have seen someone live that the Drs. said had no chance.

Ohio church’s $1,000 tip saves pizza delivery woman from eviction

I've had many things happen, like I was supposed to fly to the UK on the 18th September 2001, but went in August instead. It wasn't God that did this though, it was just what happened.

Lots of coincidences have happened. I was in the UK for the London Bombings, in Spain for the Madrid Bombings, should have been in NY for 9/11, was in Russia on a train line between Moscow and St Petersburg a month before a bomb blew up a train there, was on a train bound for Wenzhou in China when they had been a derailment the night before I didn't know about close to Wenzhou, and so on and on and on. Coincidences all of them. God didn't play a part at all.

... well you just never can be sure....

When my oldest was bout 17, and thinking about a tattoo at 18, my wife was pleading with him not to do it. He asked her why and she said the bible stated somewhere that inking the skin was not right. As she was talking she was getting animated saying "I know its in here, I've read it somewhere".

As she was looking at him she kept pleading while opening the good book.. As she glanced down to see what she had opened the bible too ......

The very page and verse was presented in front of her.

She opened the bible straight to it Lev 19:28

Powerful stuff right there

Lev 19:28
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

-Geaux

Last edited:

I have been turned down for a job I prayed for but kept praying and 3 days later the employer called backing saying the person turned it down. I have seen someone live that the Drs. said had no chance.

God worked in my life, he gave my aunt cancer and she died a horrible painful death. He also gave my cousin life long health problems that finally killed her way too young. My friend's sister was also touched by god and is now dead from cancer in her 30s... God also touched all the lives of the people who were born deformed and/or died of hunger or disease... I could go on, but you get the holy picture...

God worked in my life, he gave my aunt cancer and she died a horrible painful death. He also gave my cousin life long health problems that finally killed her way too young. My friend's sister was also touched by god and is now dead from cancer in her 30s... God also touched all the lives of the people who were born deformed and/or died of hunger or disease... I could go on, but you get the holy picture...

I see your tag line there Taz......

Have you ever read this book:
upload_2015-10-19_7-18-27.jpeg

God doesn't give people these things. They happen in this world because we chose our way over God's from the very beginning. Sin and all it's horrors came into the world because of it.

Be mindful too that, eternity is a long time, our lives here are but a BLINK -
we put far too much emphasis on our lives here on Earth.

It's like 5 seconds of your existence comparatively.

When my oldest was bout 17, and thinking about a tattoo at 18, my wife was pleading with him not to do it. He asked her why and she said the bible stated somewhere that inking the skin was not right. As she was talking she was getting animated saying "I know its in here, I've read it somewhere".

As she was looking at him she kept pleading while opening the good book.. As she glanced down to see what she had opened the bible too ......
The very page and verse was presented in front of her.

She opened the bible straight to it Lev 19:28

Powerful stuff right there

Lev 19:28
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

-Geaux

That's happened to me before, not as impactful as yours, but, I was helping an elderly woman find Book and Chapter in her Bible for Sunday School and just opened it up and there it was!

Praise the lord.

Though we may die, Jesus says, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.” (John 11:25)

-Geaux

Prayed to God to take away fear of the dark as a kid. And the fear went away. Is the only time I any reason to believe in God. Since childhood, the bar's gotten a tad higher. :)

I see your tag line there Taz......

Have you ever read this book:
View attachment 52820

Strobel hits it out of the ballpark. Fabulous book. As are his others.

Prayed to God to take away fear of the dark as a kid. And the fear went away. Is the only time I any reason to believe in God. Since childhood, the bar's gotten a tad higher. :)

He's not your bell hop. He gave you a gift.
Very ungrateful.

Even this thread is showing God's work. I mean, look how the non believers flock to the thread just to trash Jesus. They could simply just not participate in the discussion, yet instead, they mock it

But wait........

God has brought them here to HEAR his word.

Sew the seed and it will grow

-Geaux

And you are investing in THE BIG GUY being evil? Give me a freaking break here. You have come to the conclusion that well I call him Jehovah but for the sake of argument lets just call him THE BIG GUY.

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that the same BIG GUY who has given us hummingbirds and sunflowers and actually apologized to us and given the world rainbows to make up for his whack em and stack em moment would ever foist pain and agony on anyone.

I think you have it ass backwards. Call him SATAN.

Very ungrateful.

Tell it to his faithful every time a church van goes off a cliff or a tornado vaporizes a church.

Very ungrateful.

Tell it to his faithful every time a church van goes off a cliff or a tornado vaporizes a church.

I guess you didn't see my post about how small our lives are on Earth.
Anyway, have YOU read The Case for Christ? I agree it's important to look at all the information out there - God gave us brains. He also gave us a conscience and intuition.... here is another good book:

upload_2015-10-19_7-42-16.jpeg

Violated moral knowledge should drive us to repentance-but, barring divine intervention, it will only drive us to the commission of more and more heinous acts.

One amazing person I have met in my journey in faith put it really quite simply. This little old man. Oh my. They had a picture up of him in the church getting baptized in a frozen river. He put it quite simply.

Believe. Look around you on a spring day. Believe.

HisCattle.jpg

Called "Backing!"
I can see why you're having trouble with your employment picture. I never needed an ancient god involved in my employment....just lucky I guess because I've been retired on the lake for the last 22 years:
[/ATTACH]
IMG_2726.JPG

Last edited:

Called "Backing!"
I can see why you're having trouble with your employment picture. I never needed an ancient god involved in my employment....just lucky I guess because I've been retired on the lake for the last 22 years.

I'm a great worker. I just hate the work you need to do (especially in current times) to get a job. It's silly. Just hire me, I have a great work ethic, am smart and thorough. But employers would rather hire people that can "work the system"... so be it.

Called "Backing!"
I can see why you're having trouble with your employment picture. I never needed an ancient god involved in my employment....just lucky I guess because I've been retired on the lake for the last 22 years.

Also... if you pray God will open doors for you to go where you need to be. If God did not want me to have that job, he would have closed the door. He may not want me to have a job at all, but, I don't rely on God to run my life. I have choices I have to make, but, ultimately, they should all be prayed about.

Called "Backing!"

Also... if you pray God will open doors for you to go where you need to be. If God did not want me to have that job, he would have closed the door. He may not want me to have a job at all, but, I don't rely on God to run my life. I have choices I have to make, but, ultimately, they should all be prayed about.

You are oh so full of shit!!!

Forum List

Back