God Works In Mysterious Ways

Bonzi always remember. It's just a bend in the road. My husband and I made it out of a hell house fighting real deal demons on a day to day. Cripes, I look back on those times and it's surreal. Seriously you could wake up hearing the intro music to the Twilight Zone. Hells bells Jehovah Witnesses wouldn't come into the house. Heck I couldn't get a Priest to clean the house. That story is for another day though. This is about faith. We ran with four dogs and two cats in a van heading to Ponchatoula .We were Catahoula breeders looking to relocate and hoping to eventually move to Coffeeville in Alabama when another "bend in the road" hit us called Katrina and we ended up here in Sundown.

"The Bend in the Road"
Sometimes we come to life's crossroads
And we view what we think is the end.
But God has a much wider vision
And he knows that it's only a bend-

The road will go on and get smoother
And after we've stopped for a rest,
The path that lies hidden beyond us
Is often the path that is best.

So rest and relax and grow stronger,
Let go and let God share your load
And have faith in a brighter tomorrow-
You've just come to a bend in the road.

Author: Helen Steiner Rice

One amazing person I have met in my journey in faith put it really quite simply. This little old man. Oh my. They had a picture up of him in the church getting baptized in a frozen river. He put it quite simply.

Believe. Look around you on a spring day. Believe.

Believe what?? That some ancient god fabricated by folks who believed in witches has something to do with the natural universe?

You people are nuts:

New Testament Mark 16:
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

hamblin_15067060_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Have you ever had God work in your life?
A miracle cure? Something that can not be explained?

I have been turned down for a job I prayed for but kept praying and 3 days later the employer called backing saying the person turned it down. I have seen someone live that the Drs. said had no chance.

Ohio church’s $1,000 tip saves pizza delivery woman from eviction

Called "Backing!"
I can see why you're having trouble with your employment picture. I never needed an ancient god involved in my employment....just lucky I guess because I've been retired on the lake for the last 22 years.

Also... if you pray God will open doors for you to go where you need to be. If God did not want me to have that job, he would have closed the door. He may not want me to have a job at all, but, I don't rely on God to run my life. I have choices I have to make, but, ultimately, they should all be prayed about.

You are oh so full of shit!!!

It's amazing. I hope God has moved in your life too! I hope one day your eyes will be opened to recognize it! :)

One amazing person I have met in my journey in faith put it really quite simply. This little old man. Oh my. They had a picture up of him in the church getting baptized in a frozen river. He put it quite simply.

Believe. Look around you on a spring day. Believe.

Believe what?? That some ancient god fabricated by folks who believed in witches has something to do with the natural universe?

You people are nuts:

New Testament Mark 16:
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

hamblin_15067060_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

There ARE people that are nuts .... but not everyone that is a Christian is crazy. There are many people deceived, taught wrong doctrine and even people that claim to be Christians that are not....

People will always look for reasons to not believe and focus on those who are setting poor and/or misleading examples of Christianity.

I have been turned down for a job I prayed for but kept praying and 3 days later the employer called backing saying the person turned it down. I have seen someone live that the Drs. said had no chance.

God worked in my life, he gave my aunt cancer and she died a horrible painful death. He also gave my cousin life long health problems that finally killed her way too young. My friend's sister was also touched by god and is now dead from cancer in her 30s... God also touched all the lives of the people who were born deformed and/or died of hunger or disease... I could go on, but you get the holy picture...

God doesn't give people these things. They happen in this world because we chose our way over God's from the very beginning. Sin and all it's horrors came into the world because of it.

Be mindful too that, eternity is a long time, our lives here are but a BLINK -
we put far too much emphasis on our lives here on Earth.

It's like 5 seconds of your existence comparatively.
So why do children get cancer and are born with deformities. God is punishing them for not choosing God's way? Hmmm..... And what about religious people who get horrible cancers? How do you explain god punishing them? For what?
And if your god is such a prick, why do you worship it?

God worked in my life, he gave my aunt cancer and she died a horrible painful death. He also gave my cousin life long health problems that finally killed her way too young. My friend's sister was also touched by god and is now dead from cancer in her 30s... God also touched all the lives of the people who were born deformed and/or died of hunger or disease... I could go on, but you get the holy picture...

I see your tag line there Taz......

Have you ever read this book:
View attachment 52820
So I need to read another book to find god? The bible wasn't sufficient? :lol:

Praise the lord.

Though we may die, Jesus says, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.” (John 11:25)

-Geaux
Way to go off topic!!! :D

And you are investing in THE BIG GUY being evil? Give me a freaking break here. You have come to the conclusion that well I call him Jehovah but for the sake of argument lets just call him THE BIG GUY.

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that the same BIG GUY who has given us hummingbirds and sunflowers and actually apologized to us and given the world rainbows to make up for his whack em and stack em moment would ever foist pain and agony on anyone.

I think you have it ass backwards. Call him SATAN.
God made everything, including cancer. he didn't have to make it, but he did. Deformities in babies as well...

View attachment 52820

God works in many ways to reveal himself. The Bible is not the only way... you said you were open to belief in God, and exploration.. apparently you really are not.....

View attachment 52820

God works in many ways to reveal himself. The Bible is not the only way... you said you were open to belief in God, and exploration.. apparently you really are not.....
God tortured Jesus as well (on the cross). Anyways, I'm already pretty sure that Jesus did exist. In fact, there were several guys named Jesus preaching around that time, or so I've read. :D

God doesn't give people these things. They happen in this world because we chose our way over God's from the very beginning. Sin and all it's horrors came into the world because of it.

So why do children get cancer and are born with deformities. God is punishing them for not choosing God's way? Hmmm..... And what about religious people who get horrible cancers? How do you explain god punishing them? For what?

Like I have said before, we introduced sin into the world which created cancer etc. If we had chosen to be obedient to God, none of this would have existed.

God gave us free will.

We are not robots.

View attachment 52820

God tortured Jesus as well (on the cross). Anyways, I'm already pretty sure that Jesus did exist. In fact, there were several guys named Jesus preaching around that time, or so I've read. :D

Like I said, there a resources out there for you to read and consider.
Don't put something in your tag line that is not true.....
Read material supporting God and Jesus... then talk me.....

Like I have said before, we introduced sin into the world which created cancer etc. If we had chosen to be obedient to God, none of this would have existed.

God gave us free will.

We are not robots.
So your god gave this baby this because of what others did? He never even gave her a chance? Wow!!!
00240012:bfcf056b9a85dddd2b3ee62bc186fe38:arc614x376:w1200.jpg

View attachment 52820

Like I said, there a resources out there for you to read and consider.
Don't put something in your tag line that is not true.....
Read material supporting God and Jesus... then talk me.....
Typical response, don't debate the topic, just call me ignorant and tell me to go away. Like I've NEVER read anything on the subject. Sure, anything you say. :D

God gave us free will.

We are not robots.
So your god gave this baby this because of what others did? He never even gave her a chance? Wow!!!

... again, don't say you are open minded when you are not... I've told you my stance, but, if you really want to hear all sides, read and truly listen to all sides.... I've challenged you to read a book but if you want to turn a blind eye to it, you are not really "open to changing your mind"... are you?

God gave us free will.

We are not robots.

... again, don't say you are open minded when you are not... I've told you my stance, but, if you really want to hear all sides, read and truly listen to all sides.... I've challenged you to read a book but if you want to turn a blind eye to it, you are not really "open to changing your mind"... are you?
Don't deflect, just answer the question: is this god's work to a baby that never did anything?

God gave us free will.

We are not robots.

Don't deflect, just answer the question: is this god's work to a baby that never did anything?

I'm not deflecting, you are.
I told you why sin and horrors are in this world.
God created us with free will. We chose to disobey God thus inviting sin into the world. Sin begat cancer, tragedy and other things that are in this present world.

I have answered you several times on this. What you post would not even "be" if we had been obedient to God from the beginning.....

If you want to blame someone, blame Adam and Eve or Satan, but the good news is that God did make a sacrifice. He came down in human flesh and Himself suffered unimaginably - He did it even thought it's our own fault we are in this condition... because He loves us.

God gave us free will.

We are not robots.

God created us with free will. We chose to disobey God thus inviting sin into the world. Sin begat cancer, tragedy and other things that are in this present world.

I have answered you several times on this. What you post would not even "be" if we had been obedient to God from the beginning.....

If you want to blame someone, blame Adam and Eve or Satan, but the good news is that God did make a sacrifice. He came down in human flesh and Himself suffered unimaginably - He did it even thought it's our own fault we are in this condition... because He loves us.
So in other words, those babies fates were sealed when Adam messed up in the Garden of Eden. Therefore you're saying that no matter what we do (and that baby will do) our fates are already sealed because of what someone else did. So my fate is sealed no matter what i do as well.

God gave us free will.

We are not robots.

So in other words, those babies fates were sealed when Adam messed up in the Garden of Eden. Therefore you're saying that no matter what we do (and that baby will do) our fates are already sealed because of what someone else did. So my fate is sealed no matter what i do as well.

No. We can have life everlasting. And perfect. God provides it, we only need to reach out and accept it. The LIFE.... our lives..... is not what we experience (good or bad) here. It's eternal - this is but a split second journey.

No. We can have life everlasting. And perfect. God provides it, we only need to reach out and accept it. The LIFE.... our lives..... is not what we experience (good or bad) here. It's eternal - this is but a split second journey.
So God doesn't care about deformed babies? I can tell that you sure don't.

Forum List

Back