God Works In Mysterious Ways

Have you ever had God work in your life?
A miracle cure? Something that can not be explained?

I have been turned down for a job I prayed for but kept praying and 3 days later the employer called backing saying the person turned it down. I have seen someone live that the Drs. said had no chance.

Ohio church’s $1,000 tip saves pizza delivery woman from eviction

I have had a lot of things happen to me that I can't explain. I can count three times in my life where I got into a situation where I should have been dead but somehow managed to survive without a scratch. One of them was a car wreck I had no business walking away from. I was drunk off my ass flooring my Mom's Jaguar at about 135 and slammed into a Mack truck coming the other way. No seat belt, tore the Jag into two completely separate parts, impact was on the driver's side front quarter panel. Engine flew by my face and missed me by about an inch, turned the car into a shredded heap of metal and I didn't have so much as a scratch on me. Not even a paper cut sized injury. I didn't even get out of the car after the wreck. I simply stood up and I was outside. The car was that mangled. I should have been dead that day because that truck crushed that car like a stick of dynamite under a can of Coke.

The second time was not an accident. It should have been. I posted the story on another thread some months ago so I won't post it again but it was a similar situation. No seat belts, barreling down the highway and a guy pulled out right in front of me. There were cars coming the other way...there was nowhere to go and somehow I was able to thread the needle and avoid all of it. I am not going to explain it all again but suffice it to say that if I tried that 100,000 more times I might pull it off again once.

The third was when my grandmother died. She and I had a bad relationship but prior to her passing...just about a year before...we had buried the hatchet and developed a relationship. When my father called to tell me she had died I listened and hung up and sat on my bed and let it sink in. I didn't cry or lose control, but my stress level was through the roof and I was terribly sad. I remember thinking "Just when we found common ground". And then I said aloud "Grandma, I just wish I could hug you one last time" and then something happened that I will never be able to explain in mere words. In a sudden rush I felt something pass through my body. It literally sucked all the air out of my lungs to the point where I was gasping for breath and my eyes were the size of quarters. My body lit up and every nerve tingled from the top of my head to the tip of my toes and I vibrated as my body went numb. And then this feeling of great peace came over me and I inhaled deeply and fell back onto my bed shaking. Not shaking in fear but shaking in the most overwhelming feeling of love and peace I have ever felt.

After a few seconds I started to giggle and said aloud "thank you Grandma". Other people can explain it however they want but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that my Grandmother gave me the hug I asked for.

Things like these are very personal. They represent our "God experiences". Some are more powerful than others and atheists like to write them off as blind, stupid luck or some form of psychosomatic stimulation. They may be right. Then again they may not. The problem is that no one else can ever feel my "Grandmother's hug" so how can they ever know my "God experience?" My experiences are enough to prove to me that God exists. I can't prove them to anyone else because they are totally mine. But that's enough for me. others will simply have to find their own way

I have been turned down for a job I prayed for but kept praying and 3 days later the employer called backing saying the person turned it down. I have seen someone live that the Drs. said had no chance.

I have had a lot of things happen to me that I can't explain. I can count three times in my life where I got into a situation where I should have been dead but somehow managed to survive without a scratch. One of them was a car wreck I had no business walking away from. I was drunk off my ass flooring my Mom's Jaguar at about 135 and slammed into a Mack truck coming the other way. No seat belt, tore the Jag into two completely separate parts, impact was on the driver's side front quarter panel. Engine flew by my face and missed me by about an inch, turned the car into a shredded heap of metal and I didn't have so much as a scratch on me. Not even a paper cut sized injury. I didn't even get out of the car after the wreck. I simply stood up and I was outside. The car was that mangled. I should have been dead that day because that truck crushed that car like a stick of dynamite under a can of Coke.

The second time was not an accident. It should have been. I posted the story on another thread some months ago so I won't post it again but it was a similar situation. No seat belts, barreling down the highway and a guy pulled out right in front of me. There were cars coming the other way...there was nowhere to go and somehow I was able to thread the needle and avoid all of it. I am not going to explain it all again but suffice it to say that if I tried that 100,000 more times I might pull it off again once.

The third was when my grandmother died. She and I had a bad relationship but prior to her passing...just about a year before...we had buried the hatchet and developed a relationship. When my father called to tell me she had died I listened and hung up and sat on my bed and let it sink in. I didn't cry or lose control, but my stress level was through the roof and I was terribly sad. I remember thinking "Just when we found common ground". And then I said aloud "Grandma, I just wish I could hug you one last time" and then something happened that I will never be able to explain in mere words. In a sudden rush I felt something pass through my body. It literally sucked all the air out of my lungs to the point where I was gasping for breath and my eyes were the size of quarters. My body lit up and every nerve tingled from the top of my head to the tip of my toes and I vibrated as my body went numb. And then this feeling of great peace came over me and I inhaled deeply and fell back onto my bed shaking. Not shaking in fear but shaking in the most overwhelming feeling of love and peace I have ever felt.

After a few seconds I started to giggle and said aloud "thank you Grandma". Other people can explain it however they want but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that my Grandmother gave me the hug I asked for.

Things like these are very personal. They represent our "God experiences". Some are more powerful than others and atheists like to write them off as blind, stupid luck or some form of psychosomatic stimulation. They may be right. Then again they may not. The problem is that no one else can ever feel my "Grandmother's hug" so how can they ever know my "God experience?" My experiences are enough to prove to me that God exists. I can't prove them to anyone else because they are totally mine. But that's enough for me. others will simply have to find their own way

Your stories prove one thing.....an ancient god exists only in one's mind. There's no way to prove that a god exists and you're pissin' in the wind when you try.

Yes.
But I will not say more than that. It's personal.

This thing that ol' Gawd did for you.....since you say it's personal is it possible that someone else or even yourself caused it, or that it was a rank coincidence? YEESSS INDEED!! It's like someone praying for rain and it raining......get over it. It rains a lot.

Yes.

This thing that ol' Gawd did for you.....since you say it's personal is it possible that someone else or even yourself caused it, or that it was a rank coincidence? YEESSS INDEED!! It's like someone praying for rain and it raining......get over it. It rains a lot.

Have you ever considered it might be God?

Yes.

Have you ever considered it might be God?

Yes.....I considered it. Then...like many of the decisions I've made in life I filed it in the category of Major Bullshit! Once a financial advisor with the old IDS investment company promised me that if I would buy shares in one of their programs I would clear 25% profit after two years. I never returned to his office. There is an absolute BS limit to me being involved in anything.....especially if it involves my money or my time.

Your stories prove one thing.....an ancient god exists only in one's mind. There's no way to prove that a god exists and you're pissin' in the wind when you try.

Which is exactly what we would expect an atheist to say. I really wish you guys could come up with some new material rather than "prove it" over and over. You can't prove He doesn't exist either so we're at a stalemate. Your response merely supports my post. Proof of God is personal and exists only for the individual and how they wish to relate to their life experiences. My experiences are all the proof I need, but they will not resonate with anyone else because only I experienced those things. You can believe whatever you want. It makes no difference to me, but I require no more proof than what I have seen, felt, and gone through.

Which is exactly what we would expect an atheist to say. I really wish you guys could come up with some new material rather than "prove it" over and over. You can't prove He doesn't exist either so we're at a stalemate. Your response merely supports my post. Proof of God is personal and exists only for the individual and how they wish to relate to their life experiences. My experiences are all the proof I need, but they will not resonate with anyone else because only I experienced those things. You can believe whatever you want. It makes no difference to me, but I require no more proof than what I have seen, felt, and gone through.

He, she or it doesn't exist in my life. I'm smarter than to fall for a game which tells me this, that and the other which cannot be proven but wants control of my life and some of my money. Everyone and every thing which falls in that category can kiss my east Tennessee, Big Orange, Coon Dawg ass!!

He, she or it doesn't exist in my life. I'm smarter than to fall for a game which tells me this, that and the other which cannot be proven but wants control of my life and some of my money. Everyone and every thing which falls in that category can kiss my east Tennessee, Big Orange, Coon Dawg ass!!

So I take it you have never been in love with a woman.

I've nearly died a half dozen times, one of which I was flatlined. God has worked wonders in my life many times. I often times questioned why He still had me here as I longed to be there with Him. He gave me a glimpse of my future when I thought I had none. He continued opening up the expanse of that future, and today I'm where I never envisioned I could possibly be. He is all powerful, mighty, and ever so loving. Without Him we are hopeless and lost.
I flat lined once and I am 12 years post cancer surgery that was only supposed to buy me 2 years. All I can say is what ever our purpose here for yet is still not done.

God clearly wants you to have more time to spit on gay people. :thup:

I've nearly died a half dozen times, one of which I was flatlined. God has worked wonders in my life many times. I often times questioned why He still had me here as I longed to be there with Him. He gave me a glimpse of my future when I thought I had none. He continued opening up the expanse of that future, and today I'm where I never envisioned I could possibly be. He is all powerful, mighty, and ever so loving. Without Him we are hopeless and lost.
I flat lined once and I am 12 years post cancer surgery that was only supposed to buy me 2 years. All I can say is what ever our purpose here for yet is still not done.

God clearly wants you to have more time to spit on gay people. :thup:

That's a totally queer thing to say. Tells a lot. Have a gay life.

So I take it you have never been in love with a woman.

I wouldn't necessarily call it love but I've been intimate with over 200 of them. I played keyboards in weekend dance bands for thirty years. Guess what? It's true that the boys in the band get their pick.

I wouldn't necessarily call it love but I've been intimate with over 200 of them. I played keyboards in weekend dance bands for thirty years. Guess what? It's true that the boys in the band get their pick.
tumblr_m3idx9niqh1r7w5e9.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back