God is not obvious

Even the christians who freed the slaves didn't let the blacks sit in the white pews.

I go to a mostly white church and we have several and welcome any Black Christians who come and worship with us. I have been welcomed at two different predominately Black churches and I presently live in a suburb of Atlanta. Of course I didn't own or free any slaves, so what is your point?
Glad to see some of you theists act much better than you did in the late 1960s. You've come a long way. I'm not going to forget your evil religions history just because today you now allow blacks into your churches.

DRIFTINGSAND SAID:

“I get regular newsletters from a science community that believes in God. The Institute for Creation Science.”

Nonsense.

Creation 'science' is not 'science,' it's religion pretending to be 'science.'

Their god can't even pass the scientific method approach or test.
Go ahead use telescopes looking for god. All the greatest minds tried and never found anything.

So while telescopes are scientific instruments using them to look for god is not science. And if your idea doesn't pass the test throw it out.

Even the christians who freed the slaves didn't let the blacks sit in the white pews.

I go to a mostly white church and we have several and welcome any Black Christians who come and worship with us. I have been welcomed at two different predominately Black churches and I presently live in a suburb of Atlanta. Of course I didn't own or free any slaves, so what is your point?
Glad to see some of you theists act much better than you did in the late 1960s. You've come a long way. I'm not going to forget your evil religions history just because today you now allow blacks into your churches.

We are done!

We are done!

There is a god!

Its not likely that someone could take a box of alphabet cereal and throw it on the floor and end up with the declaration of independence, however many times you tried for however many billions of years.
not only that, but he believes the box of alphabet cereal self generated and there was no one to throw the box on the floor.....

Is the Mormon and Muslim bible made up? Yes or no
the Koran and the Mormon texts and the atheist bullshit you quote here are made up.....yes......

Its not likely that someone could take a box of alphabet cereal and throw it on the floor and end up with the declaration of independence, however many times you tried for however many billions of years.
not only that, but he believes the box of alphabet cereal self generated and there was no one to throw the box on the floor.....

Why do you believe it was a god that made the cereal? And what made god? How could something so great have been made without an intelligent creator? If gods a watch whos the watch maker?
I don't....I believe General Mills made the cereal......and God didn't need to be made, because he isn't a watch or a bowl of cereal.....

the Koran and the Mormon texts and the atheist bullshit you quote here are made up.....yes......
But your religion isn't? Got it. Lol

Go ahead use telescopes looking for god. All the greatest minds tried and never found anything.

So while telescopes are scientific instruments using them to look for god is not science. And if your idea doesn't pass the test throw it out.

LOL... can you discover the meaning of a written word by examining it under a microscope? Is there an instrument that can measure the pain you felt when you lost your first teddy bear?

Stop being so closed minded. Many thing known to be in existence cannot be seen with the eyes or heard with the ears or examined by any scientific instrument.

Blowing off everything that science is incapable of viewing let alone proving reduces your world to that of a gnat.

LOL... can you discover the meaning of a written word by examining it under a microscope? Is there an instrument that can measure the pain you felt when you lost your first teddy bear?

Stop being so closed minded. Many thing known to be in existence cannot be seen with the eyes or heard with the ears or examined by any scientific instrument.

Blowing off everything that science is incapable of viewing let alone proving reduces your world to that of a gnat.

This world is like 1 grain of sand in the universe. So smaller than a gnat.

that would be an accurate statement of my beliefs....I recall you claiming you could prove it wasn't......hasn't happened.....won't.....yet you continue to believe it.......care to explain that?......

Science knows what part of the brain deals with pain, cries over a teddy bear and what part of the brain is creative enough to be superstitious and believe in gods.

that would be an accurate statement of my beliefs....I recall you claiming you could prove it wasn't......hasn't happened.....won't.....yet you continue to believe it.......care to explain that?......

Look at stupid Mormons and Muslims and realize you're looking into a mirror.

It may be one of those carnival fun house mirrors where you don't look exactly like you but trust me that's you.

Hollie and I have explained in great detail why you god doesn't exist. If you still believe then you are not evolved or educated enough to get it or you don't want to believe the truth.

I think you realize your religion is made up but better to be safe than sorry.

Or your critical thinking skills are for shit. Lol

I was dreaming about how someone said that god was obvious. That's the dumbest thing a theist can say. What they mean is they can't imagine all this was created without an intelligent designer. But science looks at the universe and to science it is obvious that we are not significant or special. In fact the universe is probably full of life and were just too far away to know.

Then we see birth defects and kids with cancer and mental retardation and we realize we weren't intelligently designed by a perfect creator who loves us. We just happen to be the top of the food chain on this tiny planet.

And if god were obvious and we didn't make him up we wouldn't have such unbelievable stories of when he visited and the threat of hell if we don't believe.

I have more to say but let's start here. Seriously I was sleeping and this dawned on me. God isn't obvious. There might be something that created everything but scientifically it isn't obvious. So if you can't even fathom he doesn't exist then you really aren't thinking rationally or with fair and balanced eyes
You were dreaming all this? This god sounds like a real assh*le. Freewill and choice are not really on the table, red pill, blue pill. If god want's to butt in that would be nice. Being that God hasn't shown up for over a couple of millennia, I welcome him. Sure, sow your seed, let his so called "son" take some of the crap, what about all the sins AFTER Jesus passed? Why the drama? Not to mention Islam, that psychopathic offspring of Abraham, God, I would ask , WHY create those monsters? If you are real and are answering prayers. I get nothing .A cosmic dial tone, nada.

Which god? Misra? Yahway? Zeus? And why did he go to such great length to hide from us?

You might want to stop and consider the remote possibility that God is not hiding.

My guess is that people who do not see evidence of God and can perceive no God in existence, even through speculation, are not sufficiently intellectually, emotionally, or ethically evolved enough to be capable of perceiving him.

If a person wanted to do an experiment to discover the truth of something, they would first have to sterilize the environment in which the experiment will be conducted as well as all of the tools, test tubes, beakers, etc. and they would also have to calibrate everything being used to test the results otherwise any number of unseen contaminants could skew the results rendering the outcome unreliable or false.

In the same way if you want to discover whether God actually exists or not, you too have to first sterilize the environment in which you are going to conduct the experiment. You must cleanse your brain, the only tool at your disposal capable of such an inquiry, from all contaminants otherwise if your mind is filled with bias, unfounded assumptions and ignorance about the nature of God, the language of the prophets, etc., you will never find any evidence of God wherever you look even if you have 20/20 vision and always got straight A's in school.

On the other hand if you bother to take the time and trouble to cleanse and accurately calibrate your brain and upload all the available facts, free from from contaminants, everywhere you look, even within, you will see evidence of God, whether under a rock, at the bottom of the sea, through a telescope into deep space or under a microscope, and even if you were literally blind, you would still see.
I'm s
Which god? Misra? Yahway? Zeus? And why did he go to such great length to hide from us?

You might want to stop and consider the remote possibility that God is not hiding.

My guess is that people who do not see evidence of God and can perceive no God in existence, even through speculation, are not sufficiently intellectually, emotionally, or ethically evolved enough to be capable of perceiving him.

If a person wanted to do an experiment to discover the truth of something, they would first have to sterilize the environment in which the experiment will be conducted as well as all of the tools, test tubes, beakers, etc. and they would also have to calibrate everything being used to test the results otherwise any number of unseen contaminants could skew the results rendering the outcome unreliable or false.

In the same way if you want to discover whether God actually exists or not, you too have to first sterilize the environment in which you are going to conduct the experiment. You must cleanse your brain, the only tool at your disposal capable of such an inquiry, from all contaminants otherwise if your mind is filled with bias, unfounded assumptions and ignorance about the nature of God, the language of the prophets, etc., you will never find any evidence of God wherever you look even if you have 20/20 vision and always got straight A's in school.

On the other hand if you bother to take the time and trouble to cleanse and accurately calibrate your brain and upload all the available facts, free from from contaminants, everywhere you look, even within, you will see evidence of God, whether under a rock, at the bottom of the sea, through a telescope into deep space or under a microscope, and even if you were literally blind, you would still see.
Problem is back when I knew less I believed in god. Then like a lot of us atheists I didn't believe in religions but for awhile still believed in god. Then I learned enough to realize god himself was invented.

I wasn't angry or evil either.

Long before I knew the scientific method I was using it. Question everything including the ancients and authority. If a hypothesis doesn't pass the test throw it out even if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

If after 30 years of believing didn't work I don't know how much more open to the idea one can be. Chances are you want to believe too much and that's getting in your way of seeing the truth.

You already said that what you were led to believe was false. Why do you seem surprised that believing in what is false produced no results?

Stop worrying already. You do not have to believe in God for God to exist or for him to teach you things in life, just be open to learn from what you have already experienced and have seen with your own eyes.

Jesus spent thirty years believing that God wanted people to mutilate their penises, obsess over sex, and slaughter farm animals so they can eat their way into the kingdom of God. He compared such beliefs, based on literal interpretations of figurative writing, as whitewashed tombs or unmarked graves and basically became an atheist in such a capricious and petty tyrant defined by that error in reasoning..

Why is so hard for you to see the similarities between what Jesus went through and what you are going through unless you are still doing your forty days and forty nights in the wilderness being tempted by the devil to trash the entire story about Jesus as false which would effectively blind you to the truth about what is actually happening in your own life..

If you have truly been seeking God for thirty years, why not put down your test tubes and beakers, and get your head out of the telescope, start looking within, and spend some time cleaning the garbage that has accumulated in your mind and then you might finally see that God has always been there and intimately involved in your life or else you would still be jumping for Jesus eating bread and drinking wine and blubbering about hell and the end of the world in a deranged panic.

Would it kill you to be grateful, or do you think that you escaped the pitfalls of religious captivity by your own not so impressive intellectual abilities?

If you do, no wonder God isn't on speaking terms with you yet.

Last edited:
I was dreaming about how someone said that god was obvious. That's the dumbest thing a theist can say. What they mean is they can't imagine all this was created without an intelligent designer. But science looks at the universe and to science it is obvious that we are not significant or special. In fact the universe is probably full of life and were just too far away to know.

Then we see birth defects and kids with cancer and mental retardation and we realize we weren't intelligently designed by a perfect creator who loves us. We just happen to be the top of the food chain on this tiny planet.

And if god were obvious and we didn't make him up we wouldn't have such unbelievable stories of when he visited and the threat of hell if we don't believe.

I have more to say but let's start here. Seriously I was sleeping and this dawned on me. God isn't obvious. There might be something that created everything but scientifically it isn't obvious. So if you can't even fathom he doesn't exist then you really aren't thinking rationally or with fair and balanced eyes
You were dreaming all this? This god sounds like a real assh*le. Freewill and choice are not really on the table, red pill, blue pill. If god want's to butt in that would be nice. Being that God hasn't shown up for over a couple of millennia, I welcome him. Sure, sow your seed, let his so called "son" take some of the crap, what about all the sins AFTER Jesus passed? Why the drama? Not to mention Islam, that psychopathic offspring of Abraham, God, I would ask , WHY create those monsters? If you are real and are answering prayers. I get nothing .A cosmic dial tone, nada.

Notice the common theme? Adam & Eve disappointed god. The people of Noah's day were bad and god wiped them all out. Hit the reset button. But then the people of Soddom and Gamora let him down and today were letting him down so he's gonna wipe us out again in 2021 now they say.

Everyone was anti semetic in the old testament. Any doubt why with them claiming to be gods chosen people? Lol

They made 1 mistake. The prophecised a Messiah and gave opportunity for gentiles to start a new cult that's a lot easier to join.

I'm s

Problem is back when I knew less I believed in god. Then like a lot of us atheists I didn't believe in religions but for awhile still believed in god. Then I learned enough to realize god himself was invented.

I wasn't angry or evil either.

Long before I knew the scientific method I was using it. Question everything including the ancients and authority. If a hypothesis doesn't pass the test throw it out even if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

If after 30 years of believing didn't work I don't know how much more open to the idea one can be. Chances are you want to believe too much and that's getting in your way of seeing the truth.

You already said that what you were led to believe was false. Why do you seem surprised that believing in what is false produced no results?

Stop worrying already. You do not have to believe in God for God to exist or for him to teach you things in life, just be open to learn from what you have already experienced and have seen with your own eyes.

Jesus spent thirty years believing that God wanted people to mutilate their penises, obsess over sex, and slaughter farm animals so they can eat their way into the kingdom of God. He compared such beliefs, based on literal interpretations of figurative writing, as whitewashed tombs or unmarked graves and basically became an atheist in such a capricious and petty tyrant defined by that error in reasoning..

Why is so hard for you to see the similarities between what Jesus went through and what you are going through unless you are still doing your forty days and forty nights in the wilderness being tempted by the devil to trash the entire story about Jesus as false which would effectively blind you to the truth about what is actually happening in your own life..

If you have truly been seeking God for thirty years, why not put down your test tubes and beakers, and get your head out of the telescope and spend some time cleaning the garbage that has accumulated in your mind and then you might finally see that God has always been there and intimately involved in your life or else you would still be jumping for Jesus eating bread and drinking wine and blubbering about hell and the end of the world in a deranged panic.

Getting to where I am was a process. Long deliberation. You fail to understand that I think religion is bad for people. Or the pros don't outweigh the con's.

Religions could admit they've never talked to god and discuss it honestly like humans did before the abrahamic religions claimed it to be true. Anyone can read the old testament and realize while well written was written by men of those times. Same with the new testament and Islam book. Then you have the Mormon story.

How come so many people believe the Mormon stories are true?

Forum List

Back