God is not obvious

I think I just busted christians. Christians say god will forgive any sin but you have to really be sorry. What about jacking off while thinking of women other than your wife? None of these men are truly sorry. They will do it till their penises stop working. This is a pretty big commandment. Do christians claim they get a free pass as long as they believe? What about murder? I really want to know.

You really have a lot of questions, but I have only two. 1. Do you believe everyone is born with a soul? 2. What do you think happens to your soul when your body dies? If you don't believe everyone has a soul, forget the second question.

No I don't have a soul.
that's just because you sold it to the Devil......

I am a good person so if there really is a god that's what he cares about.
/shrugs....if you get to make your own god you can pretend he's anything you like.......you even get to define what "good" means to him.......hope that works out for you in the eternity you pretend for yourself......

There shouldn't be poverty. This is the problem with our planet. The governments should make sure there is no poverty.

And meanwhile every country is full of religious people and still people are starving.

There is no excuse for hunger in america yet it exists. We can do better

I think you are on to something. The evidence seems to indicate the religious indoctrination at an early age cripples the mind.. Some people recover from the damage done and escape relatively unscathed at some point, others never do. Since the government protects the free exercise of religion large numbers of irrational people are guaranteed to be churned out by the churches licensed to deceive and abuse children who as adults will provide an endless source of revenue from people incapable of rational thought or accurately perceiving right or wrong, good or evil, corruption or injustice and even if they do they are muzzled by confusion and paralyzed by fear from doing anything about it.

If there weren't so many churches legally protected to fuck up peoples minds there probably wouldn't be as much poverty, homelessness, crime, prisons, mentally ill, or any need for such an ineffective hypocritical unjust and dysfunctional legal system.

Or they put up with their crappy lives and the injustices because here and now don't matter as much as the afterlife.

Sure, that mixed with clergy who live opulent and shameful lives teaching people that poverty and suffering is a virtue, whose going to complain? especially if they believe that if they just take crap from every low-life they will get presents from God, just as soon as they die that is.
A bunch of us atheists were watching the cosmos and when our one christian friend heard what we were saying he blurted out "you're all going to hell."

I don't think he really believes that but he believes he believes that.
why wouldn't he believe a bunch of atheists were going to hell?.........

Its not likely that someone could take a box of alphabet cereal and throw it on the floor and end up with the declaration of independence, however many times you tried for however many billions of years.
not only that, but he believes the box of alphabet cereal self generated and there was no one to throw the box on the floor.....

So if you can't even fathom he doesn't exist then you really aren't thinking rationally or with fair and balanced eyes

"Every one of us human beings has two minds. One is totally ours, and it is like a faint voice that always brings us order, directness, purpose, The other mind is a foreign installation. It brings us conflict, self-assertion, doubts, hopelessness: it's ourselves as the me-me center of the world."

I believe it is this state of affairs that keeps Tetrarammaton [Hebrew: the four sounds of God] as I call God or OSOTU [ Operating System of the Universe] from being 'obvious"....resolving this bicameral minds situation requires intent...one can beckon intent and that is a an energy a force in the universe....

"Beckoning intent to resolve the conflict of your two minds, or to hear the voice of your true mind, is not a petty or arbitrary matter. Quite the contrary; it is ethereal and abstract, and yet as vital to you as anything can be."

/shrugs....if you get to make your own god you can pretend he's anything you like.......you even get to define what "good" means to him.......hope that works out for you in the eternity you pretend for yourself......
That's exactly what every organized religion did. Made upntheir own rules. Old testament got out dated so in came Mormons christians and Muslims.

Not to mention christians are the biggest cherry pickers when it comes to following the rules.

Remember when almost every southern christian owned a slave?

Its not likely that someone could take a box of alphabet cereal and throw it on the floor and end up with the declaration of independence, however many times you tried for however many billions of years.
not only that, but he believes the box of alphabet cereal self generated and there was no one to throw the box on the floor.....

Is the Mormon and Muslim bible made up? Yes or no

Holy books were just mans attempt at understanding the cosmos. We have better now. Science.

Why do you believe it was a god that made the cereal? And what made god? How could something so great have been made without an intelligent creator? If gods a watch whos the watch maker?

That's exactly what every organized religion did. Made upntheir own rules. Old testament got out dated so in came Mormons christians and Muslims.

Not to mention christians are the biggest cherry pickers when it comes to following the rules.

Nope, I'm not old enough to remember that because it is a flat out lie to begin with. I thought you said you were a good person, and then you lie about slavery.

Nope, I'm not old enough to remember that because it is a flat out lie to begin with. I thought you said you were a good person, and then you lie about slavery.

Is the Mormon faiths truth obvious? Is it obvious that god talked to Joseph smith? It is to millions of Mormons. Why isnt it obvious to you?

Islam says god is obvious too. To me it is obvious you are all full of shit.

And maybe I should become a christian so I get a free pass on sinning. You get to lie because you believe a 1600 year old book? Schmucks

Is the Mormon faiths truth obvious? Is it obvious that god talked to Joseph smith? It is to millions of Mormons. Why isnt it obvious to you?

And maybe I should become a christian so I get a free pass on sinning. You get to lie because you believe a 1600 year old book? Schmucks

You should accept Christ as your Lord and saviour. You would get a pass for your transgressions, but not permission to continue to lie about things you know nothing about.

"Most Americans, no doubt, imagine the prewar South as a region so thickly dotted with immense plantations on which most of the black and white populations worked and lived. But, on the contrary, while slaves made up 40% of the total population of the South, only 25 percent of free families, most of them white, owned any slaves at all, and fully one-half of this minority (12.5%) held fewer than five slaves. Only an owner of twenty or more slaves, and of substantial land, could qualify as a planter, and fewer than 10 percent of slave-holding families qualified. The plantation elite of the antebellum South made up less than 3 percent of the free population in the region and less than 2 percent of the total free and slave population."

25% of the southerners owned slaves and I do not have the statistics on how many of them were Christians, but suffice to say "Remember when almost every southern christian owned a slave?" this statement of yours is a lie born of ignorance or bigotry.

You should accept Christ as your Lord and saviour. You would get a pass for your transgressions, but not permission to continue to lie about things you know nothing about.

"Most Americans, no doubt, imagine the prewar South as a region so thickly dotted with immense plantations on which most of the black and white populations worked and lived. But, on the contrary, while slaves made up 40% of the total population of the South, only 25 percent of free families, most of them white, owned any slaves at all, and fully one-half of this minority (12.5%) held fewer than five slaves. Only an owner of twenty or more slaves, and of substantial land, could qualify as a planter, and fewer than 10 percent of slave-holding families qualified. The plantation elite of the antebellum South made up less than 3 percent of the free population in the region and less than 2 percent of the total free and slave population."

25% of the southerners owned slaves and I do not have the statistics on how many of them were Christians, but suffice to say "Remember when almost every southern christian owned a slave?" this statement of yours is a lie born of ignorance or bigotry.

And the whites who didn't own slaves let black men date their daughters right?

I think you got the point. Even northern christians were racist god fearing people. Still are.

I think you got the point. Even northern christians were racist god fearing people. Still are.

And the blacks who weren't slaves didn't let their men date white girls. Are you nutso? Northern Christians and Southern Christians eliminated slavery when it came time to do so. Atheists and agnostics didn't have a thing to do with it.

And the blacks who weren't slaves didn't let their men date white girls. Are you nutso? Northern Christians and Southern Christians eliminated slavery when it came time to do so. Atheists and agnostics didn't have a thing to do with it.

Actually it was the Plato's who believed in god but also lived in a slave society. Christianity was no different.

If god existed he would have said thou shall not own slaves.

Yes we know a small number of christians knew slavery was wrong but what percent of churches during slavery down south were preaching slavery was a sin? Not many. And consider there were thousands of christian churches in the south. What percent preached slavery was an immoral sin? 5% at best?

Even the christians who freed the slaves didn't let the blacks sit in the white pews.

Even the christians who freed the slaves didn't let the blacks sit in the white pews.

I go to a mostly white church and we have several and welcome any Black Christians who come and worship with us. I have been welcomed at two different predominately Black churches and I presently live in a suburb of Atlanta. Of course I didn't own or free any slaves, so what is your point?

DRIFTINGSAND SAID:

“I get regular newsletters from a science community that believes in God. The Institute for Creation Science.”

Nonsense.

Creation 'science' is not 'science,' it's religion pretending to be 'science.'

Forum List

Back