God is not obvious

Although I'm a fan of science (knowledge) it has proven to be wrong time and time again. So just because science says that "we are not significant or special" doesn't mean a thing. In fact, there are thousands of scientists that DO believe we are significant and special. Home The Institute for Creation Research

What your thread ought to say is that God isn't obvious to YOU. However, God's presence is very obvious to me. The earth and all creation declare His glory. I don't have to see a tornado to know that it ripped through a Midwestern town. The path of destruction declares the existence of the tornado.

Before science the people who invented god said a tornado was god mad at us.

If god is obvious what was the 30 year war between Protestants and Catholics about?

1) Knowledge = Science; therefore, there is no "before science." Men have been experimenting with God's creation since they were first place on earth.

2) Men have been fighting each other since Cain and Abel. War and conflict between men doesn't negate God's existence.
1) knowledge has been the peeling back of fears and superstitions that have kept humanity from insight and exploration. Your gawds and the gawds of others have been inviting toward knowledge.

2) What negates the existence of all of the gawds is their lack of existence.

Your misconceptions and/or misunderstandings amount, only, to your personal opinions -- not "knowledge." Just because you've limited yourself to a small, self-imposed, dark and dank prison of ignorance doesn't mean that the rest of God's creation has to.
It's curious that you presume to speak with authority on one version of gawds for no other reason than those gawds were the "culturally correct" gawds.

I think the real ignorance is displayed by those who live in trembling fear of invented gawds.

Fortunately, history proves of the actual and real existence of Jesus Christ. Even secular history (His Story). So, my God is not invented. Just because you hate and reject doesn't make Him a figment of mankind's imagination.

If god is obvious what was the 30 year war between Protestants and Catholics about?

1) Knowledge = Science; therefore, there is no "before science." Men have been experimenting with God's creation since they were first place on earth.

2) Men have been fighting each other since Cain and Abel. War and conflict between men doesn't negate God's existence.
1) knowledge has been the peeling back of fears and superstitions that have kept humanity from insight and exploration. Your gawds and the gawds of others have been inviting toward knowledge.

Your misconceptions and/or misunderstandings amount, only, to your personal opinions -- not "knowledge." Just because you've limited yourself to a small, self-imposed, dark and dank prison of ignorance doesn't mean that the rest of God's creation has to.
It's curious that you presume to speak with authority on one version of gawds for no other reason than those gawds were the "culturally correct" gawds.

I think the real ignorance is displayed by those who live in trembling fear of invented gawds.

Fortunately, history proves of the actual and real existence of Jesus Christ. Even secular history (His Story). So, my God is not invented. Just because you hate and reject doesn't make Him a figment of mankind's imagination.
Unfortunately for you, there's nothing to suggest that De'heyzeus was anything but an ordinary, young Jewish man who made some bad decisions.

So yes, your gawds were invented. The jeebus character you stuffed three gawds into was actually a confused telling and re-telling of tales and fables surrounding an Essene priest who lived about one hundred years earlier.

Although I'm a fan of science (knowledge) it has proven to be wrong time and time again. So just because science says that "we are not significant or special" doesn't mean a thing. In fact, there are thousands of scientists that DO believe we are significant and special. Home The Institute for Creation Research

What your thread ought to say is that God isn't obvious to YOU. However, God's presence is very obvious to me. The earth and all creation declare His glory. I don't have to see a tornado to know that it ripped through a Midwestern town. The path of destruction declares the existence of the tornado.

And you guys killed each other arguing what those words mean. Protastents vs catholics for 30 years. Did they figure it out?

Unfortunately for you, there's nothing to suggest that De'heyzeus was anything but an ordinary, young Jewish man who made some bad decisions.

So yes, your gawds were invented. The jeebus character you stuffed three gawds into was actually a confused telling and re-telling of tales and fables surrounding an Essene priest who lived about one hundred years earlier.

Fortunately for me, secular contemporaries of Jesus witnessed His miracles and ascension into Heaven. Halleluiah!

And you guys killed each other arguing what those words mean. Protastents vs catholics for 30 years. Did they figure it out?

I killed who? Who killed me?

For the record, I'm neither Catholic nor Protestant. I'm a Christian. No qualifying adjective necessary.

Who that lived and saw Jesus do miracles wrote about it? No one. Every writing about him is hearsay. You tell me a story and I write about it. Hearsay.

Jesus the god is not historical. The Jews killed this trouble maker. It is not a historical fact god came and performed miracles.

Fortunately for me, secular contemporaries of Jesus witnessed His miracles and ascension into Heaven. Halleluiah!
Who?

Of course they did. And Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor.

Nessie lives, people have witnesses it, praise the jeebus.

Who?
You're going to cause the lads head to explode.

Sorry we don't want it to be true so bad that we throw out common sense logic reason and science.

So you are an A theist and now you are A lochness? Why do you hate nessy? You can't prove she doesn't exist! So belief is just as valid

So you are an A theist and now you are A lochness? Why do you hate nessy? You can't prove she doesn't exist! So belief is just as valid
I guess that means I'll have to get out early this morning for prayer at the altar of Nessie.

I'm going just for the wine and crackers brunch.

Nothing lives forever. We know this. You say you will in heaven though. Why do you believe this? What evidence do you have? NONE? Just someone told you this? And as far as you know that's impossible yet you believe it?

This is a coping mechanism because you don't want to die.

I guess that means I'll have to get out early this morning for prayer at the altar of Nessie.

Don't forget the like minded friends. If you don't go to church to see 100 other people believe in nessy you might sit at home and think too much and realize you've got no evidence she exists. Notice at church they never even consider she's not real. In fact she came and talked to your ancestors 2000 years ago and if you even think she might be made up you'll burn in hell for eternity....because she loves you.

It dawned on me last night that theories are when ideas graduate. The idea of god isn't even a theory yet. It is a hypothesis and all theists have are words when we ask for proof. But they put none on the table. We just have to believe and oh by the way if you don't you'll burn in hell. They use to kill you here for not believing but they don't do that anymore thank Zeus.

How many usmb theists have to log off for a couple hours so we don't catch them skipping church? I'd be doing my homework at conserapedia those 2 hours come back prepared.

Last note I listened to a preacher lay into a guy for nodding off during his sermon. The preacher said stand up then said he was the sorriest member and do you think I'll marry you and her? You want me to marry you and her? He went on and on but every once in awhile slipped in a "now you know I love you right?"

Fucking sheep. Religion is a total mind fuck. So glad I woke up.

An afterlife deminishes the value of our lives here and now.

I had a great conversation with a friend who believes in god but doesnt believe any religions. He said "you just gotta believe" I said why am I going to hell if I dont? He said no. So I guess you dont have to believe then, just be a good person and if there is a heaven I'll see you there.

I tried to help him see that its all just wishful thinking. After all, if you know all religions are made up, where do you get heaven from?

Thats the thing about theists. They dont just believe something must have created the universe it also cares about them and made a heaven for them.

My buddy also believes in heaven. How can he if he doesnt believe in religions? What makes him believe such a thing? He said if this shitty life is all there is he'd be depressed. I said "just be grateful you arent a chicken or dog who only lives 2-15 years. At least you get 100 years. And I dont think this world is shitty. I'm glad I got the one experience.

He also said he would rape and murder if he didn't believe. Funny I dont believe yet I have no desire to do either.

Forum List

Back