News Flash: A Trump Conviction Doesn’t Hang on Michael Cohen, but it hangs on Did the former president “cause” the creation of false business records

I tried to google a list of news outlets at the trial without success. AI has hit google, which means that it's now completely worthless.
Same, we have no idea who’s covering it. Which means you have no idea what spin you are getting.

This is what I was afraid of. Rather than people seeing it for themselves, we have to hear about it from whatever news agency filters to us.

What does that have to do with my post?

This should have been televised, and who are the news outlets in the court room?

Nothing.

But Procrustes Stretched doesn't wants you to stay on his point. Which was created to stay away from the key point that Cohen was supposed to be the keystone to this whole mess.

What can expect from someone who names himself after a bastard who tortured and killed people on an iron bed.

Nothing.

But Procrustes Stretched doesn't wants you to stay on his point. Which was created to stay away from the key point that Cohen was supposed to be the keystone to this whole mess.

What can expect from someone who names himself after a bastard who tortured and killed people on an iron bed.
quote you may want to digest:

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office presented its case with testimony from 20 witnesses over 15 days. Cohen, 57, was a key witness — the only one to directly tie Trump to the alleged scheme to falsify business records.

Opinion
Guest Essay
Jeffrey Toobin

"A Trump Conviction Doesn’t Hang on Michael Cohen"

Toobin asks "Did the former president “cause” the creation of false business records?"

Trump supporters have been attacking Trump's former long time, personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen, just as they have attacked Stormy Daniels and other prosecution witnesses -- even attacking the witnesses who are not hostile to Trump, who even showed a like or respect for the man. But as I've said before -- the case against Trump doesn't rise or fall on the testimony of Cohen alone ("We don’t have to rely on just Cohen’s word. We can believe Cohen because of the receipts, the tapes and the hard evidence.”)

Trump supporters have been attacking people for discussing the historical trial happening in real time. Attacking people for discussing a criminal trial without precedent in the history of the United States, as somehow being an unhealthy obsession with Trump. As if being focused on a former president being tried in criminal court should somehow not be upper most in discussions around the proverbial water coolers. How desperate, pathetic, and sad that is I'll leave up to others to decide.

I like what Toobin has laid out in his article. While I do not claim him as being the last word on this, his insights and opinions are well informed and well argued.

If the jury is told the in instructions what the case is really about? There will be no not guilty verdict, no hung jury. Only a well reasoned guilty verdict.

quotes from reporters inside the courthouse today:

Emil Bove, a defense lawyer, is suggesting that the prosecutors, in their proposed jury instructions, has shifted their theory of the case. It sounds like he’s talking about the state election law that underlies the felony business records charges against Trump. Justice Merchan doesn’t seem to agree, but in any case, he says, the prosecution’s proposal for jury instructions holds no weight at the moment. It is only a proposal.

“Just relax,” Merchan tells the defense lawyer, as he continues to argue. Nothing, he signals, has been determined yet.

Bove continues to argue. He can tell that the judge is frustrated, but it’s clear that Bove is, too. If he believes that the prosecution changed its theory of the case in these final weeks, it would help to explain why he’s irate. Merchan seems to understand that, as Bove continues to push for more testimony from their proposed expert witness on election law.

Trump folds his arms over his chest as Bove finishes his argument. He then starts whispering to his lawyer as Matthew Colangelo, a prosecutor, begins to address the court.

Matthew Colangelo, a prosecutor, stands up and fights back. He says that “there’s nothing new at all” about the theory to which the defense is objecting. In short: the charges against Trump are felonies because prosecutors have argued that he falsified business records to conceal another crime. They have signaled that other crime was seeking to promote his own election "by unlawful means," in violation of state election law. That introduces a third potential crime.

So, if you’re keeping score, that’s three potential crimes, all wrapped into each of the 34 felony charges of falsifying business records

Interesting day.
If you hung every business who tried to get alone with a little fibbing, you'd have to hang a million guys who greatly benefitted their fellow United States men after they got a loan to improve their business. Even in the Bible, mercy was given to such minor offenders who ran for the goalposts in spite of their fighting mad opponents. God has forgiven the good, the bad, and the ugly. This stupid alleged justice gets stupider every day. /vomitus.

After objections, lawyers are at the bench conferring with Justice Merchan. Merchan has made clear he does not want this testimony by Robert Costello to turn into a “trial within a trial,” aimed at attacking a witness — Michael Cohen — as opposed to relating to the case directly.

“I will see you in a week”

Same, we have no idea who’s covering it. Which means you have no idea what spin you are getting.

This is what I was afraid of. Rather than people seeing it for themselves, we have to hear about it from whatever news agency filters to us.
Personally, I wouldn't have watched it if it had been televised. I prefer watching paint dry.

Just use your filter to filter though the filtered spin.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office presented its case with testimony from 20 witnesses over 15 days. Cohen, 57, was a key witness — the only one to directly tie Trump to the alleged scheme to falsify business records.
And we know Cohen lied.

And stole from the man he testified against.

Why wasn’t he tried for that? Why is Cohen above the law?

Oof… You should take a break.
You are decompensating rapidly. Reality is slipping away from you.
lol. As if a hack like you has any notion of reality.

You’re a dope, but in your abundant offerings of stupidity, you’re amusing.

Do you have any memory of being able to stay on topic?

Try this. Try to rationally and objectively defend the dainty’s dishonest thread headline. Go.

lol. As if a hack like you has any notion of reality.

You’re a dope, but in your abundant offerings of stupidity, you’re amusing.

Do you have any memory of being able to stay on topic?

Try this. Try to rationally and objectively defend the dainty’s dishonest thread headline. Go.
I can only offer. I can’t make you take it.

His testimony tied Trump to the documents. Since both are liars, and we know that Trump is bigger liar, then we can believe beyond rational doubt that the testimony was truthful

Forum List

Back