God does exist. Itelligent design in the Universe is prof of God.

You are welcome to your beliefs, but nothing in the OP even remotely resembles proof.
So it's just a coincidence that the universe was created being hardwired for intelligence?

Were any one of a number of the physical properties of our universe otherwise - some of them basic, others seemingly trivial, almost accidental - life, which seems now to be so prevalent, would become impossible, here or anywhere. It takes no great imagination to conceive of other possible universes, each stable and workable in itself, yet lifeless.

You are welcome to your beliefs, but nothing in the OP even remotely resembles proof.
So it's just a coincidence that the universe was created being hardwired for intelligence?

Were any one of a number of the physical properties of our universe otherwise - some of them basic, others seemingly trivial, almost accidental - life, which seems now to be so prevalent, would become impossible, here or anywhere. It takes no great imagination to conceive of other possible universes, each stable and workable in itself, yet lifeless.

That is not entirely true. There are life forms on this planet that survive in almost boiling water, toxic conditions, and even independent of light. So the criteria that we have set for life could very well be inaccurate in many places.

There is already a convincing scientific theory that there had to be a first cause. That first cause can be identified as God. I see this as a convincing argument but my question remains. Is that first cause the god in the Old Testament of the Bible or is this first cause something different like perhaps it shares more similar attributes to Allah? Possibly? or maybe something a little bit hard to describe? Carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen trinity ?
Yes, there is overwhelming scientific evidence that the universe began. That you recognize this and fail to recognize that the Trinity is a relationship to be entered into rather than a mystery to be solved makes me scratch my head.

It matters not which faith system you follow as long as you are genuine in your faith. The answers are revealed from within along the journey. Nothing is as it seems. You put up more barriers than a road construction crew.
So all faith systems are equally valid? Is that your final answer? :blowpop:
Anything which brings one closer to God is good and will naturally result in becoming a better version. There's your validation.
So piloting 747s into skyscrapers for Allah is legit? :cuckoo:
Not really what I am talking about but please do continue going to absurd extreme's to reveal how flimsy your arguments really are.
So you're walking back your statement. Good for you.
No. I'm correcting your logical fallacy strawman. You have elevated jumping to extreme absurd conclusions to an art form, taz.
You're saying that your theory doesn't cover the extremes of religion, we get that.
No. I am saying anyone who flies planes into buildings obviously wasn't brought closer to God, dummy.

Just like the hatred you spew towards gays, blacks and people of faith isn't bringing you closer to God.
Their faith orders them into Jihad. So it's legit to them. Isn't that all that matters?
The proof is in the pudding, dummy. So no.
To them, we're the heathens. Who gets to choose? Christians did a Crusade in Iraq...
I think it's great that your intellect looks to extreme events to dismiss a personal relationship with the Creator of existence, Taz.
lol, you have nothing so you change the subject. A typical dingbat move.
I am walking around with everything because you have nothing, taz. It is exactly as I said... you look to extreme events to avoid committing to a personal relationship with the Creator of the universe. You throw up more road blocks than the cops do in a high speed car chase.
No, I simply showed that your theory was bullshit. Now you're butthurt.
BUTTHURT-O-METER.gif

That is not entirely true. There are life forms on this planet that survive in almost boiling water, toxic conditions, and even independent of light. So the criteria that we have set for life could very well be inaccurate in many places.
You don't understand what I am talking about. Every atom has a nucleus composed of protons and neutrons. Electrons orbit these nuclei at distances relatively greater than separate our sun from its planets. Both protons and neutrons have masses almost two thousand times the mass of an electron, so virtually the whole mass of an atom is in its nucleus. Hence the atom is hardly disturbed at all by the motions of its electrons, and an atom can hold its position in a molecule, and molecules their positions in larger structures. Only that circumstance permits molecules to hold their shapes, and solids to exist. If on the contrary the protons and neutrons were closer in mass to the electrons, whether light or heavy, then the motions of the electrons would be reflected in reciprocal motions by the others. All structures composed of such atoms would be fluid; in such a universe nothing would stay put. There could not be the fitting together of molecular shapes that permits not only crystals to form, but living organisms.

So if protons and neutrons were closer in mass to the electrons, whether light or heavy, a universe could exist but there would be no life.

There is already a convincing scientific theory that there had to be a first cause. That first cause can be identified as God. I see this as a convincing argument but my question remains. Is that first cause the god in the Old Testament of the Bible or is this first cause something different like perhaps it shares more similar attributes to Allah? Possibly? or maybe something a little bit hard to describe? Carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen trinity ?
Yes, there is overwhelming scientific evidence that the universe began. That you recognize this and fail to recognize that the Trinity is a relationship to be entered into rather than a mystery to be solved makes me scratch my head.

It matters not which faith system you follow as long as you are genuine in your faith. The answers are revealed from within along the journey. Nothing is as it seems. You put up more barriers than a road construction crew.
So all faith systems are equally valid? Is that your final answer? :blowpop:
Anything which brings one closer to God is good and will naturally result in becoming a better version. There's your validation.
So piloting 747s into skyscrapers for Allah is legit? :cuckoo:
Not really what I am talking about but please do continue going to absurd extreme's to reveal how flimsy your arguments really are.
So you're walking back your statement. Good for you.
No. I'm correcting your logical fallacy strawman. You have elevated jumping to extreme absurd conclusions to an art form, taz.
You're saying that your theory doesn't cover the extremes of religion, we get that.
No. I am saying anyone who flies planes into buildings obviously wasn't brought closer to God, dummy.

Just like the hatred you spew towards gays, blacks and people of faith isn't bringing you closer to God.
Their faith orders them into Jihad. So it's legit to them. Isn't that all that matters?
The proof is in the pudding, dummy. So no.
To them, we're the heathens. Who gets to choose? Christians did a Crusade in Iraq...
I think it's great that your intellect looks to extreme events to dismiss a personal relationship with the Creator of existence, Taz.
lol, you have nothing so you change the subject. A typical dingbat move.
I am walking around with everything because you have nothing, taz. It is exactly as I said... you look to extreme events to avoid committing to a personal relationship with the Creator of the universe. You throw up more road blocks than the cops do in a high speed car chase.
No, I simply showed that your theory was bullshit. Now you're butthurt.
View attachment 479151
I couldn't be happier for you to see it that way, Taz.

• Funny
Reactions: Taz
It matters not which faith system you follow as long as you are genuine in your faith.

I’m going to go out on a limb here. You probably haven’t attended meetings with other Christians in over 5 years.

This statement has no Christian attributes at all. This sounds all “Religion of Antiquity”ish. What is the name of your personal made up religion? Is breezewood your cousin?
I am the only Catholic in a room full of Baptists at my men's bible study group. But I have heard your complaint frequently that I'm not a Catholic or not a Christian by atheists and protestants, so you are in excellent company. The problem is no one has ever been able to show why they believe that.

Being a Christian means that I believe that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy. That's really all one needs to believe to be Christian. I don't have to believe like the protestants do. But I totally get why you want me to argue there is only one true way. It would justify your foolish decisions in your head. Which is why you keep arguing this stupid point.

Basically you are an atheist of the god in the Bible. Nothing wrong with that.

It matters not which faith system you follow as long as you are genuine in your faith.

I’m going to go out on a limb here. You probably haven’t attended meetings with other Christians in over 5 years.

This statement has no Christian attributes at all. This sounds all “Religion of Antiquity”ish. What is the name of your personal made up religion? Is breezewood your cousin?
I am the only Catholic in a room full of Baptists at my men's bible study group. But I have heard your complaint frequently that I'm not a Catholic or not a Christian by atheists and protestants, so you are in excellent company. The problem is no one has ever been able to show why they believe that.

Being a Christian means that I believe that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy. That's really all one needs to believe to be Christian. I don't have to believe like the protestants do. But I totally get why you want me to argue there is only one true way. It would justify your foolish decisions in your head. Which is why you keep arguing this stupid point.

I'm OK with you believing that cause it would be illogical for me to correct all of your errors to arrive at what I already know.

I'm OK with you believing that cause it would be illogical for me to correct all of your errors to arrive at what I already know.

Well. Being the smartest man in the world comes with its own challenges. I don’t envy you.

I didn’t say you were an all out atheist. You are just an atheist of the god in the Bible. Me too!

You are probably an atheist of the god in the Qu’ran but that is a different discussion altogether.

Well. Being the smartest man in the world comes with its own challenges. I don’t envy you.

I didn’t say you were an all out atheist. You are just an atheist of the god in the Bible. Me too!

You are probably an atheist of the god in the Qu’ran but that is a different discussion altogether.
Nothing special about me. It's more about how you allowed your biases to cloud your objectivity. Your understanding of the Bible is what led you to believe that God does not exist. My understanding confirmed my belief. So I am pretty sure we wouldn't agree on much. Apparently you have a need for me to justify my beliefs to you. I don't have that need. That whole I am an atheist about something might just be the dumbest argument yet.

Nothing special about me. It's more about how you allowed your biases to cloud your objectivity. Your understanding of the Bible is what led you to believe that God does not exist. My understanding confirmed my belief. So I am pretty sure we wouldn't agree on much. Apparently you have a need for me to justify my beliefs to you. I don't have that need. That whole I am an atheist about something might just be the dumbest argument yet.
Religion is based on 'belief' which requires no proof. From Wikipedia..' A belief is an attitude that something is the case, or that some proposition about the world is true. In epistemology, philosophers use the term "belief" to refer to attitudes about the world which can be either true or false. To believe something is to take it to be true; for instance, to believe that snow is white is comparable to accepting the truth of the proposition "snow is white". However, holding a belief does not require active introspection. For example, few carefully consider whether or not the sun will rise tomorrow, simply assuming that it will. Moreover, beliefs need not be occurrent (e.g. a person actively thinking "snow is white"), but can instead be dispositional (e.g. a person who if asked about the color of snow would assert "snow is white").

Religion is based on 'belief' which requires no proof. From Wikipedia..' A belief is an attitude that something is the case, or that some proposition about the world is true. In epistemology, philosophers use the term "belief" to refer to attitudes about the world which can be either true or false. To believe something is to take it to be true; for instance, to believe that snow is white is comparable to accepting the truth of the proposition "snow is white". However, holding a belief does not require active introspection. For example, few carefully consider whether or not the sun will rise tomorrow, simply assuming that it will. Moreover, beliefs need not be occurrent (e.g. a person actively thinking "snow is white"), but can instead be dispositional (e.g. a person who if asked about the color of snow would assert "snow is white").
As a general rule I usually need a good reason to believe something.

As a general rule I usually need a good reason to believe something.

I think the possibility of a first cause (a god) is highly likely. I’m not sure why Allah has to be that first cause. Couldn’t it be a different god than the one the Muslims worship? Just because a god exists doesn’t mean it is Allah. Allah can be all made up for the purpose of building a huge army and the idea just lingered around a few extra centuries.

We can see the vast number of life forms here on the planet Earth. The oceans, on land, the different varieties of plants. All this life did not just happen by accident , as many non beleiving scientist say. God does exist. This is a planet with air , water, and food for us all to consume. It was not made by accident. This world was created for us by an intelligent God. We did not evolve from apes . We were all created by God. Designed in his likeness. Your thoughts.
No. Of course the species that evolved are fine tuned to the Earth. Else they would be extinct. We indeed evolved from apes and ARE apes.

It means biologically and genetically there is one human race.
Yep. In fact, we have very little genetic variability among our species. Two dogs of the same breed are likely more distinct genetically than are two humans from opposite sides of the world.

Yep. We might not even recognize life if we saw it. This is why our search starts with the type of life we understand.

Forum List

Back