God does exist. Itelligent design in the Universe is prof of God.

We can see the vast number of life forms here on the planet Earth. The oceans, on land, the different varieties of plants. All this life did not just happen by accident , as many non beleiving scientist say. God does exist. This is a planet with air , water, and food for us all to consume. It was not made by accident. This world was created for us by an intelligent God. We did not evolve from apes . We were all created by God. Designed in his likeness. Your thoughts.

Does this god have any attributes similar to any of the main stream gods?

Is it the god in the Bible?
You are skipping steps.

No. I will accept your premise.

Your premise: A god created the universe.

Now. Was it the god in the Bible?
He goes by many names.

That sounds like a yes. Is it the God of the Bible? I can ask the same question 4 or 5 hundred times if you are too timid to answer.

We are working in unison and starting from the same premise that we were all created by God. Now. Was that the same god that is mentioned in the Bible? That’s the dilemma. There is already a convincing scientific theory that there had to be a first cause. That first cause can be identified as God. I see this as a convincing argument but my question remains. Is that first cause the god in the Old Testament of the Bible or is this first cause something different like perhaps it shares more similar attributes to Allah? Possibly? or maybe something a little bit hard to describe? Carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen trinity ?

We can see the vast number of life forms here on the planet Earth. The oceans, on land, the different varieties of plants. All this life did not just happen by accident , as many non beleiving scientist say. God does exist. This is a planet with air , water, and food for us all to consume. It was not made by accident. This world was created for us by an intelligent God. We did not evolve from apes . We were all created by God. Designed in his likeness. Your thoughts.

You are skipping steps.

He goes by many names.

That sounds like a yes. Is it the God of the Bible? I can ask the same question 4 or 5 hundred times if you are too timid to answer.

We are working in unison and starting from the same premise that we were all created by God. Now. Was that the same god that is mentioned in the Bible? That’s the dilemma. There is already a convincing scientific theory that there had to be a first cause. That first cause can be identified as God. I see this as a convincing argument but my question remains. Is that first cause the god in the Old Testament of the Bible or is this first cause something different like perhaps it shares more similar attributes to Allah? Possibly? or maybe something a little bit hard to describe? Carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen trinity ?
This is argument #432 of the atheist's playbook. There are too many perceptions of God so there can be no God argument.

When I write it like that doesn't it sound really really stupid to you?

There is already a convincing scientific theory that there had to be a first cause. That first cause can be identified as God. I see this as a convincing argument but my question remains. Is that first cause the god in the Old Testament of the Bible or is this first cause something different like perhaps it shares more similar attributes to Allah? Possibly? or maybe something a little bit hard to describe? Carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen trinity ?
Yes, there is overwhelming scientific evidence that the universe began. That you recognize this and fail to recognize that the Trinity is a relationship to be entered into rather than a mystery to be solved makes me scratch my head.

It matters not which faith system you follow as long as you are genuine in your faith. The answers are revealed from within along the journey. Nothing is as it seems. You put up more barriers than a road construction crew.

Happy Zombie Jesus Day!

7cac4c9ad0b680f7fc87f44db406d3a9a36ab1de_hq.gif

Evoluterated
b5f1ec2547230c019f5d4acd32e9b178.jpg

You are skipping steps.

He goes by many names.

This is argument #432 of the atheist's playbook. There are too many perceptions of God so there can be no God argument.

There is a God. I said that. I agreed to start with that premise. Do you not remember?

Your babbling nonsense which isn’t that unusual I guess.

There are too many perceptions of God so there can be no God argument.

This is a bad argument for atheist playbook #432. You should turn to another page. However, if there is a multitude of gods that are identified as monotheistic only one or zero of them can be true. It would be impossible for 2, 3, or even 12 gods to be the one and true God.

Is the creator of the universe the same god that is described in the pages of the Old Testament? Personally I think it is unlikely. I would assume a force capable of creating all existence wouldn’t limit itself to such a humble embodiment.

It matters not which faith system you follow as long as you are genuine in your faith.

I’m going to go out on a limb here. You probably haven’t attended meetings with other Christians in over 5 years.

This statement has no Christian attributes at all. This sounds all “Religion of Antiquity”ish. What is the name of your personal made up religion? Is breezewood your cousin?

You are skipping steps.

He goes by many names.

There is a God. I said that. I agreed to start with that premise. Do you not remember?

Your babbling nonsense which isn’t that unusual I guess.
You can't have it both ways. So is this you agreeing with me that it sounds really really stupid to argue that because there are more than one perception of God there can be no God?

There are too many perceptions of God so there can be no God argument.

This is a bad argument for atheist playbook #432. You should turn to another page. However, if there is a multitude of gods that are identified as monotheistic only one or zero of them can be true. It would be impossible for 2, 3, or even 12 gods to be the one and true God.

Is the creator of the universe the same god that is described in the pages of the Old Testament? Personally I think it is unlikely. I would assume a force capable of creating all existence wouldn’t limit itself to such a humble embodiment.
Arguing the flavor of God does not negate God. What you or anyone else calls Him is irrelevant. He'll answer to whatever name you call.

It's not that God didn't call you. It's that your level of discernment is poor. That's on you.

The law of large numbers supports a hypothesis that claims there should be at least one intelligent life form in every galaxy.
HubbleDeepField.jpg

I would assume a force capable of creating all existence wouldn’t limit itself to such a humble embodiment.
The trouble with anthropomorphizing God is one of balance. If it is done too much, it diminishes the nature of God. If it isn't done at all, you are left with a God whose essence is unknowable and indescribable and is of little value either to philosophy or religion. So the purpose of all religions is to strike a happy medium in between as to the nature of God. Hence the different perceptions of God.

You are unnecessarily - and to your detriment - hung up on religion. You seem to be confusing religion for God.

It matters not which faith system you follow as long as you are genuine in your faith.

I’m going to go out on a limb here. You probably haven’t attended meetings with other Christians in over 5 years.

This statement has no Christian attributes at all. This sounds all “Religion of Antiquity”ish. What is the name of your personal made up religion? Is breezewood your cousin?
I am the only Catholic in a room full of Baptists at my men's bible study group. But I have heard your complaint frequently that I'm not a Catholic or not a Christian by atheists and protestants, so you are in excellent company. The problem is no one has ever been able to show why they believe that.

Being a Christian means that I believe that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy. That's really all one needs to believe to be Christian. I don't have to believe like the protestants do. But I totally get why you want me to argue there is only one true way. It would justify your foolish decisions in your head. Which is why you keep arguing this stupid point.

There is already a convincing scientific theory that there had to be a first cause. That first cause can be identified as God. I see this as a convincing argument but my question remains. Is that first cause the god in the Old Testament of the Bible or is this first cause something different like perhaps it shares more similar attributes to Allah? Possibly? or maybe something a little bit hard to describe? Carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen trinity ?
Yes, there is overwhelming scientific evidence that the universe began. That you recognize this and fail to recognize that the Trinity is a relationship to be entered into rather than a mystery to be solved makes me scratch my head.

It matters not which faith system you follow as long as you are genuine in your faith. The answers are revealed from within along the journey. Nothing is as it seems. You put up more barriers than a road construction crew.
So all faith systems are equally valid? Is that your final answer? :blowpop:

That first cause can be identified as God. I see this as a convincing argument but my question remains. Is that first cause the god in the Old Testament of the Bible or is this first cause something different like perhaps it shares more similar attributes to Allah? Possibly? or maybe something a little bit hard to describe? Carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen trinity ?
No carbon need apply. That only played a major part later. There exists a very particular triangle matching water's geometry:

20140811155256482954.png

Last edited:

Anything which brings one closer to God is good and will naturally result in becoming a better version. There's your validation.

Anything which brings one closer to God is good and will naturally result in becoming a better version. There's your validation.
So piloting 747s into skyscrapers for Allah is legit? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back