Ghana abolishes the death penalty

Im torn about the death penalty.
On one hand, the state shouldnt have the power to take a life unless in war and we are defending ourselves or retaliating.
Then again, if there is 100% proof a person did something awful, they deserve nothing less.

Im torn about the death penalty.
On one hand, the state shouldnt have the power to take a life unless in war and we are defending ourselves or retaliating.
Then again, if there is 100% proof a person did something awful, they deserve nothing less.
Bloke on the news tonight been released after 17 years for a crime he didnt commit.
100% doesnt exist.

It really isnt.

In a way, you're right. Some monster rapes and takes the life of a 5 year old, gets the death penalty, then spends the next 25 years living his life in prison and the baby gets nary a minute more life- ever.

More of these killers die of natural causes than the death penalty they were given.

Not quite justice.

Great to see Ghana join the civilised nations of the world. Death penalty is no deterrent and only the most backward places still practise it.
Who said " Vengeance is mine" ? Who said that ?
Yes, Ghana is more civilized than Japan, China and the US.

In a way, you're right. Some monster rapes and takes the life of a 5 year old, gets the death penalty, then spends the next 25 years living his life in prison and the baby gets nary a minute more life- ever.

More of these killers die of natural causes than the death penalty they were given.

Not quite justice.
On many occasions innicent people are executed when they were wrongly convicted.

Things were already pretty crowded in the Ghana penile system, I'm not sure that this is the right thing to do at this point in time.

426202294938-sxoaredq5l-maxresdefault.jpg

Great to see Ghana join the civilised nations of the world. Death penalty is no deterrent and only the most backward places still practise it.
Death penalty doesnt stop someone for murdering another person, but it does stop REPEAT OFFENDERS. Off with their heads....

Devil.gif

Who said vengeance is mine?

Joe Biden said that

screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-3-02-09-pm-png.808032

Forum List

Back