Execution of Creech failed after medical team encounters “vein access issues”

If that was the case, they couldn't commute all those previous death sentences.
Those sentences were "held to the standards and conditions of sentencing as they stood at the time sentence was passed"

Where did the Supreme Court say that was the case for method of execution?
Disingenuous much? The obvious exception to this is when the law was found unconstitutional.
Creech beat the death penalty owed to him for his heinous serial killings, and went on to kill for no other reason than he wanted a single cell and isolation.
Do you not think that if there was any way at all to have killed Creech, Idaho would have done it? The fact that they did not speaks for itself~

Disingenuous much? The obvious exception to this is when the law was found unconstitutional.
Creech beat the death penalty owed to him for his heinous serial killings, and went on to kill for no other reason than he wanted a single cell and isolation.
Do you not think that if there was any way at all to have killed Creech, Idaho would have done it? The fact that they did not speaks for itself~

I think they should. I think they will.
I think your ex-post facto claim is mistaken.
If you have some ruling that shows it applies to the method of execution, post it.

No matter how he is executed you've got to admit he's really fallen since "Saved By the Bell".

I like the hunger games execution method.

Just lock them in with the berries and walk away.

Their choice, fast and easy or long and painful.

506a246d-d0bd-4512-8c92-93b7ef2ff06c.gif

One can read through this thread and ask themselves why we are such a violent society and get your answer.

I think this case shows the absurdity of the death penalty.

They've been trying to execute this clown since the 1970's, with various legal strategies delaying it, and now they are going to execute him at 73 for something he did when he was was 30?

What a waste of time, money, and resources.

Hmm...Understand, I agree. Every day this guy draws breath is an insult to the people of Idaho, but, the legal system disagrees--and that's what we have to contend with.
The SCOTUS has held, and it's a long-standing precedent, that a defendant must be held to the the standards and conditions of sentencing as they stood at the time sentence was passed. If death by lethal injection was the sentence, that's how it must be. Do I think it's dumb? Yes.

But that's the way is~
So use insulin. Problem solved.

Unless you pass during a sound night's sleep, snug in your bed at home, it will always seem cruel or unusual or frightening, or all three. I have seen it. It is just the way it is.
Not if you don't see it coming.

They've been trying to execute this clown since the 1970's, with various legal strategies delaying it, and now they are going to execute him at 73 for something he did when he was was 30?

The cost of his incarceration has already impoverished many people over time, what's a few more.

No death penalty, no justice, no closure.

"Justice delayed is justice denied", for everyone.

You ignorant anti-American communist puke screw up everything. I recommend a chain saw across the neck. Slowly. Problem solved.//

Not if you don't see it coming.
Execution, not seeing it coming is not one of the approved methods in that state, or any other, that I know about. The sneak up behind them in their cell thing has not been suggested in the legal community. That is for victims, not criminals. Most of the time, the victims don't even get it that way. I have seen death both ways, and the two times they didn't see it coming were an act of God or long distance stupidity. One was a lightening strike on a soldier walking across an open field with his evening chow on a partly cloudy afternoon, when there had not been storms in the area. The other was a soldier, I had just finished a lunch meeting with. Upon leaving in my jeep, and making it, maybe 150 yards, an out of impact zone (approx 3 miles out) 120 mm artillery round hit the pine trees she was sitting under, going over plans we had discussed. A limb the size of my arm went through her neck and throat. She never knew what hit her. Most crime victims do not get the luxury of not knowing, no horror, no fear. I actually do not care if murderous criminals find their impending death to be cruel, or unusual, or free of fear or pain.

Forum List

Back