Another case proves that the death penalty is wrong

The countries that have abolished the death penalty. America and Japan are the only outliers in a long list of first world nation.
Why is the abolishment of the death penalty a qualifier for being a "civilized" country? What is the justification for abolishing death for criminals that commit capital crimes? Like killing your daughter, son or significant other?

Why is the abolishment of the death penalty a qualifier for being a "civilized" country? What is the justification for abolishing death for criminals that commit capital crimes? Like killing your daughter, son or significant other?
I guess you don't know what civilized means. Especially in the US, where some states have abolished the practice. Is a murder worse in TX than one in Michigan?
Now go and hop on into your basket, you deplorable schmuck.

I guess you don't know what civilized means. Especially in the US, where some states have abolished the practice. Is a murder worse in TX than one in Michigan?
Now go and hop on into your basket, you deplorable schmuck.
Love it when people use a word in the definition of describing a word ..

Please .. educate us on what a "civilized country" is .. top 5 countries, and what makes them what you are describing?

Unfortunately yes

There is no other way to make sure the other 96 never kill again
You can keep them locked up. That way they will never kill another member of the general public.

That means 96% are guilty. Any system that provides 96% correct results is running damned well. Nothing designed by man is perfect.

So you're saying it IS ok to kill innocent people on death row because most people on death row are guilty? What if you happen to be one of those "4"?

You can keep them locked up. That way they will never kill another member of the general public.
At a cost of thirty thousand dollars or more each and every year. That can add up to easily a million dollars over a lifetime. The chemicals to execute them are less than a grand, bullets are at the most a dollar each and ropes cane be reused.

That means 96% are guilty. Any system that provides 96% correct results is running damned well. Nothing designed by man is perfect.

The death penalty is.

Once put to death, you are dead. If you are later found to be innocent, you are still dead. Nobody put to death has come back to life. So in that way, the death penalty is perfect. 100% death to 96% guilty.

Oops.

This poor woman lost 20 years of her life. With a death penalty she would not have cleared her name.
The death penalty is wrong.
In this political climate, the death penalty in the United States would be concerning. I am not comfortable with the politics in the justice system.

And you are as stupid as Hillary. Always you are with the "perfect answer" and "I know the perfect answer" and "you have no excuse for not implementing my perfect answer"
Even if you were smart your lack of reality and prudence your childish utopianism would be a curse on everybody you affected

Yes,that is tragic. Shut down all traffic so there are no road accidents and babies that need help can't get to the hospital
GROW THE HELL UP
You are fucking insane.

In this political climate, the death penalty in the United States would be concerning. I am not comfortable with the politics in the justice system.
Thats a bigger debate. When judges are directly appointed by politicians the problems are obvious.

Forum List

Back