Gay Marriage: It's A Constitutional Right!

No state is going to end legal, civil marriage, therefore same sex marriage is a right under equal protection under the law.

Incorrect! They can not force churches to marry gays and thus the whole "equal" protection thing and this being a "right" is null and void.

You can't force a library to carry 'Hustler' magazine but I don't think that nullifies freedom of the press.

Why would it? Is Hustler a "news" source?

Another far left talking point shot down..

You far left posters do not have a leg to stand on this issue.

Sorry "Marriage" is not a right!

So you want a piece of paper with the word "Marriage" on it? Send the licensing fee and I will print one out for you. Maybe not "legal" but maybe it will pacify and make you feel special.

Or is the real goal to get your partners Social Security?

Because other than that, no "rights" are being violated. Well unless you consider plundering another person Social Security a "right".

Incorrect! They can not force churches to marry gays and thus the whole "equal" protection thing and this being a "right" is null and void.

You can't force a library to carry 'Hustler' magazine but I don't think that nullifies freedom of the press.

So you want a piece of paper with the word "Marriage" on it? Send the licensing fee and I will print one out for you. Maybe not "legal" but maybe it will pacify and make you feel special.

Because other than that, no "rights" are being violated. Well unless you consider plundering another person Social Security a "right".

Freedom of the press is limited to the 'news'?

omg, you've gotten dumber twice in 2 days.

Yes I shoot down everyone of your far left talking points and this is all you have?

Talk about being dumb!

No matter how you want to spin it you just showed that the far left is Hypocrites on every front, Deal with it!

According to the far left Hustler not being in Libraries is a violation of freedom of the press.

So which is it? Is it a violation or not?

You are far left Obama drone tell us which it is.

I think you are wrong on that.

Marriage is NOT a right, The ability to enter into a contract is a right. Marriage is contract between a man and a woman. Gays can also enter into contracts with each, but such a gay contract is not a marriage.

I have said it many times----------the gay agenda is not about equality or rights--------its all about calling a gay union a marriage.

its about using the government to mandate societal acceptance of an aberant lifestyle as equal to a normal human lifestyle.

No, the only relevant issue is whether or not a same sex marriage is sufficiently similar to an opposite sex marriage to make it eligible to be protected under equal protection principles;

the answer is, as we are finding out more day by day,

yes, it is.

Yes I shoot down everyone of your far left talking points and this is all you have?

Talk about being dumb!

No matter how you want to spin it you just showed that the far left is Hypocrites on every front, Deal with it!

According to the far left Hustler not being in Libraries is a violation of freedom of the press.

So which is it? Is it a violation or not?

You are far left Obama drone tell us which it is.

Should libraries be forced to carry Hustler magazine or not? How about your actual opinion on the actual issue for once?

Yes another far left myth of "rights" and all far left talking points being defeated by a far left Obama drone in their yet another pointless post.

If "marriage" is a "right", then churches should be forced to perform them correct?

That is the goal of the far left using the gay agenda to do this?

Also if one person wants to divorce another and the other person wants to work on the "marriage" is the person wanting a divorce violating the other persons "rights"?

See why "Marriage" is not a right?

A religious marriage and a civil marriage are two different things.

You are and the other far left members are claiming that they are not!

Marriage is not a "right"..

Where did you find my opinion on the matter? Quote me, or quit lying about my views.

A religious marriage and a civil marriage are two different things.

Where did you find my opinion on the matter? Quote me, or quit lying about my views.

Seriously? It is all over this thread.

SO in others you have nothing to show that you don't have certain "rights" as someone else.

Come on post what "rights" you do not have.

SO in others you have nothing to show that you don't have certain "rights" as someone else.

Lets assume that the SCOTUS hasn't declared marriage a fundamental right. (They have)

What is it then and what justification do you have in denying civil marriage to gay couples?

Quote me where I ever said that pastors should be required to do religious, non-civil/legal marriage ceremonies for same sex couples.

Lets assume that the SCOTUS hasn't declared marriage a fundamental right. (They have)

What is it then and what justification do you have in denying civil marriage to gay couples?

Marriage is not a "right".. See this thread why...

And you assume my position that is you being on being a far left Obama drone.

I am against government being involved in the business of "Marriage".

Why do you want a GD piece of paper that has the word "Marriage" on it?

The only thing you gain is the ability to plunder someone's Social Security.

Other than that why do you want gay "marriage"?

What "rights" are you denied not having your piece of paper with the word "Marriage" on it?

Quote me where I ever said that pastors should be required to do religious, non-civil/legal marriage ceremonies for same sex couples.

Every time you post on this subject where you are claiming "marriage" is a "right"!

If you fail to understand your own position, that is not my problem. It is also not my problem if you do not understand what a "right" is, other than what you far left master tells you what it is.

Marriage is not a "right".. See this thread why...

And you assume my position that is you being on being a far left Obama drone.

I am against government being involved in the business of "Marriage".

Why do you want a GD piece of paper that has the word "Marriage" on it?

The only thing you gain is the ability to plunder someone's Social Security.

Other than that why do you want gay "marriage"?

What "rights" are you denied not having your piece of paper with the word "Marriage" on it?

That wasn't the question. Civil marriage exists. Whether it should is a topic for another thread.

I've already given you the links showing you that civil marriage provides much more than just SS. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-rights-benefits-30190.htm

So, again, the question is not "should it exist", the question is what reason can you provide to deny it to gay couples.

Forum List

Back