On the Very Day Biden was Sworn in, the National Archives Started the Trump Documents Nonsense

Biden had boxes of documents scattered all over 3 or 4 different locations.

How the law penalizes the act of taking documents doesn’t change WHY nara ignored Biden but went after Trump.

As far as the 2018 law. You could always go to prison for that, just that it was a 1 year sentence, now it’s 5 years. Still, if that is the case, Biden would also be subject to the same law, since he kept classified documents after that law was signed.

So, would you support charging and sentencing Biden for this as well?

Are you so stupid that you don't know the difference between an oversight and deliberate, organized theft?

That’s great..where were the “polite” requests to Biden? That’s all I want to know. He kept classified material for 30….years…including after his stint as VP. He was never authorized to have these documents.

All I want is consistency here.

I doubt they were aware of missing documents. Biden didn't remember.

If he'd been asked, he would have returned them. Do you know anything about honor and integrity?

No, but that doesn't mean he knew he had them.

When I moved in 2021, you can't believe all the stuff that turned up I had no idea that I had.
That's pretty lame. Do you think that excuse would work for an army grunt who accidentally picked up the wrong papers and found them in his garage years later?

Really? Nara..the agency charged with keeping up with these documents…didn’t know? But they magically “knew” when Trump had them. More like, they turned a blind eye to Biden.

It doesn’t matter if there were 10 documents or 10,000, the law doesn’t change because you had “just a few”. Did, or did not, Biden retain classified material that he was not authorized to have, and records and papers, Both from his years as senate and as VP?

Also, it wasn’t “just a few” by the way. It was about 300 boxes.
Nope! The archives did not know trump took those hundreds of classified documents with him....the Archives was simply trying to get Trump's Presidential records that he took all with him instead of turning them over to the Archives upon leaving office, as per the Presidential records act.

It was not until February of 2022, when Trump finally returned a few of his presidential records cases to the Archives, did the archivists sorting through and organizing the records find Top secret classified documents intermixed in his presidential records.

When those top secret and classified documents were found, per protocol, they notified the FBI/DOJ that they had classified documents intermixed with the PRA records and to come and get them to assess any security risks that may have occurred and to retrieve them to give them back to the secure agency storage, they came from.

But, because only a president or former president can release presidential records for the first 5 years after a former president leaves office, the Archives could not let the FBI retrieve them, without permission..... that is when the Archives requested President Biden give permission for the FBI to go through the Presidential records to find them

SOOOOOO the first full year of trying to get the Trump presidential records, the Archives had no idea he had classified documents from various other agencies, intermixed in the records they were legally trying to retrieve.

DO you understand it now?

Biden had boxes of documents scattered all over 3 or 4 different locations.

How the law penalizes the act of taking documents doesn’t change WHY nara ignored Biden but went after Trump.

As far as the 2018 law. You could always go to prison for that, just that it was a 1 year sentence, now it’s 5 years. Still, if that is the case, Biden would also be subject to the same law, since he kept classified documents after that law was signed.

So, would you support charging and sentencing Biden for this as well?
He had cases of personal stuff that he legally took with him when leaving office, after turning over his vice presidential records to the archives. A few classified documents were intermixed with his personal cases of stuff.

Because they didn't know he had them until Biden reported them himself.
Biden absolutely did NOT report this himself. It was reported to the DOJ by his lawyers before Biden knew a thing about it, if their sworn testimony is true.

If you have to make up lies in order to defend your position, why take that position in the first place?

That's pretty lame. Do you think that excuse would work for an army grunt who accidentally picked up the wrong papers and found them in his garage years later?
Probably not but the nature of the work an army grant is drastically different than the nature of the work a vice president.

Do you think Pence should be prosecuted?

Probably not but the nature of the work an army grant is drastically different than the nature of the work a vice president.

Pence didnt have a gagillion documents in multiple places, and as far as i am aware, Pence DID self report, unlike Biden who moved around and hid his documents for decades.

"Probably not" is the operative phrase.
I think Pence's case should be investigated to see if anyone could have gotten access to any classified documents he had. I also think Hillary should have been prosecuted for her sloppy handling of classified documents. I don't care how stupid she is, she was responsible for them. Basically, the whole way classified info is handled is screwed up. An auditor should be in these high-level offices weeks before they leave, making sure classified docs stay.

"Probably not" is the operative phrase.

I think Pence's case should be investigated to see if anyone could have gotten access to any classified documents he had. I also think Hillary should have been prosecuted for her sloppy handling of classified documents. I don't care how stupid she is, she was responsible for them. Basically, the whole way classified info is handled is screwed up. An auditor should be in these high-level offices weeks before they leave, making sure classified docs stay.
Probably not is because it’s extremely dependent on the specific circumstances which is not stated in this simplistic hypothetical.

Whether anyone “got access” is irrelevant to the legality of stealing classified documents. Do you think he should have been prosecuted?

Biden absolutely did NOT report this himself. It was reported to the DOJ by his lawyers before Biden knew a thing about it, if their sworn testimony is true.

If you have to make up lies in order to defend your position, why take that position in the first place?
His lawyers work for him, and they had no legal obligation to report him. In fact, lawyer/client confidentially should swear them to silence.

I didnt say they didnt notify him. Im saying that they testified that they called the DOJ first, before notifying Biden.
If they did (which I doubt) they violated the canon of ethics.

Pence didnt have a gagillion documents in multiple places, and as far as i am aware, Pence DID self report, unlike Biden who moved around and hid his documents for decades.

What do you mean "moved around"?

What number of classified documents is it okay to steal?
Thats the point. Pence didnt have a bunch of documents and he self reported. It seems reasonable that it was a mistake, not theft.

You can only get tons of classified documents by stealing them. Biden had many boxes full of documents, in multiple locations. He was caught on tape referring to those documents, prior to their discovery by his lawyers.

Thats the point. Pence didnt have a bunch of documents.

You can only get tons of classified documents by stealing them. Biden had many boxes full of documents, in multiple locations. He was caught on tape referring to those documents, prior to their discovery by his lawyers.
So if you steal one document, it’s not actually stealing?

You missed the point.

Hello?

" the charges against Trump "make no reference to the Presidential Records Act," and they don't rely on the statute for any of the offenses with which Trump is charged."

It's not about the PRA
And?? Trump is being charged with willful retention of classified documents, and mishandling…well, Biden knew he had classified documents (willful retention) and mishandling (stored in boxes in his garage).

So, why then, did it decide not to indict. You lefty’s seem to slip out of all accountability. Hillary, when they said she likely broke the law, but decided not to indict and now Biden, who also broke the law..and again they won’t indict.

Why is that?

Forum List

Back