For True Believers in Their Bibles Being the Literal Word of God.

Oh you are so kind and considerate. God would be proud of you. Bless your pretty little cotton socks.
How does that capital punishment fit with your religion and bible?
They're rapists, whores, life-ruiners, home-wreckers, car-trashers, accident-arrangers. They're basically serial killers who've gotten away with so many murders that they've earned themselves the capital punishment many, many times over.

Hard to know.. The Bible has been redacted and amended many times.

Even Genesis had two separate stories.. one for Judah and one for Israel.
They were cobbled together about the 5th century BC.
Yes, one account seemed to focus more on physical; the other may have been addressing the spiritual. As far as Jesus, his philosophy was to seek out the lost; the healthy did not need a physician.
Scoff at the true believers at your own peril folks.
Nearly 40% of Americans understand that the bible hasn't changed, it's the backsliders interpretation of god's word that has changed, due to a lack of faith when challenged with modern science.

Ram Bam was pretty clear that when scientific fact clashed with Bible stories science took the lead.

Yes, one account seemed to focus more on physical; the other may have been addressing the spiritual. As far as Jesus, his philosophy was to seek out the lost; the healthy did not need a physician.
Nearly 40% of Americans understand that the bible hasn't changed, it's the backsliders interpretation of god's word that has changed, due to a lack of faith when challenged with modern science.

Ram Bam was pretty clear that when scientific fact clashed with Bible stories science took the lead.
He/she must be a backslider with little faith.
They're either real christians or not and this thread is a refuge for those who still believe in their bible and their god.

There's no reason why all Christians shouldn't possess faith enough to allow them to believe that their bibles are the literal and truthful word of their god. To do anything less is to backslide and commit the greatest of sins.

As an example, The Noah's ark story can be reconciled with modern science in several ways. One of which is that the god shrunk all the animals to 1 thousandth size in order to fit them all into the confines of his boat.

Or, the Grand Canyon is proof of the biblical flood and is even claimed to be so at the site.

The Christian god can do anything and everything. It's time for Christians to stop backsliding and come back to relying on their faith. If they don't then they are selling the farm to non-believers.

Fwiw, I am a believer in the truth, no matter where it leads.
To hell or to heaven, I make no excuses for my commitment to facts and reality.

Where is that 40% of Americans who commit to believing creation and rejecting Darwininan evolution? Do they really believe or do they only believe on conditions that can keep them in a comfort zone?
Look no farther than the Mt St Helens event to see how the grand canyon did it's thing so fast. It damn sure wasn't a river for ten zillion years
Excellent!
You're not afraid that atheists will call you a crack pot. That's a demonstration of faith that will encourage other real christians to come back to the flock.

They're either real christians or not and this thread is a refuge for those who still believe in their bible and their god.

You don't know who Ram Bam was????

The Bible is a very rich group of documents.. Much richer than the average fundamentalist or Scofield preacher will allow.

There's no reason why all Christians shouldn't possess faith enough to allow them to believe that their bibles are the literal and truthful word of their god. To do anything less is to backslide and commit the greatest of sins.

As an example, The Noah's ark story can be reconciled with modern science in several ways. One of which is that the god shrunk all the animals to 1 thousandth size in order to fit them all into the confines of his boat.

Or, the Grand Canyon is proof of the biblical flood and is even claimed to be so at the site.

The Christian god can do anything and everything. It's time for Christians to stop backsliding and come back to relying on their faith. If they don't then they are selling the farm to non-believers.

Where is that 40% of Americans who commit to believing creation and rejecting Darwininan evolution? Do they really believe or do they only believe on conditions that can keep them in a comfort zone?

Do you understand what Christians believe in regards to the bible? It doesn't sound like it.

Do you understand what Christians believe in regards to the bible? It doesn't sound like it.
Yes, I understand what they believe. See Answers in Genesis

Those who don't believe the whole schmeer are backsliders and sinners who have strayed from the lord's flock. They can't have half a belief in the god.

The Bible is a very rich group of documents.. Much richer than the average fundamentalist or Scofield preacher will allow.
You either believe the bible in it's enritety or you aren't a true christian believer. I'm tired of phony backsliders coming up with lame excuses or new original excuses for why they don't believe the word of the god.

This is the place to talk about it so the real believers will gain the strength to regain their faith.
Introduce your ram bam or bam bam or whoever/whatever that is.

Oh you are so kind and considerate. God would be proud of you. Bless your pretty little cotton socks.
How does that capital punishment fit with your religion and bible?
They're rapists, whores, life-ruiners, home-wreckers, car-trashers, accident-arrangers. They're basically serial killers who've gotten away with so many murders that they've earned themselves the capital punishment many, many times over.
Evil demons go out of you! Have a little respect for this section of the forum!

The word of the god and straight from the pages of the bibles.

You either believe the bible in it's enritety or you aren't a true christian believer. I'm tired of phony backsliders coming up with lame excuses or new original excuses for why they don't believe the word of the god.

This is the place to talk about it so the real believers will gain the strength to regain their faith.
Religious fanatics do more to turn people away from religion than anyone else. Ask anyone who left any faith or quit going to church and it was not anything in the secular world. It was the people who set themselves up as the arbiters of acceptable behavior and a general failure of God to live up to the hype. Every church has that core of busybodies sitting in the front pews that just can't leave people alone to find God on their own terms.

Religious fanatics do more to turn people away from religion than anyone else. Ask anyone who left any faith or quit going to church and it was not anything in the secular world. It was the people who set themselves up as the arbiters of acceptable behavior and a general failure of God to live up to the hype. Every church has that core of busybodies sitting in the front pews that just can't leave people alone to find God on their own terms.
If it were only that simple. I think there is more than one reason why people turn from religion. Religious fanatics may be one. True atheism is another. There are those who see others getting something from their religion while they do not. There are those who determine they do not need to follow a religion, they can do well enough on their own. I know one person who has a strong belief in God, likes his congregation, but religious rites bore him to tears.

Those who don't believe the whole schmeer are backsliders and sinners who have strayed from the lord's flock. They can't have half a belief in the god.

You appear to hold the ignorant perspective that Christians believe God wrote the bible. It's a common canard used by folks like you, who have a lot of bigotries towards others.

Modern science is 'crashing' religion and that makes it even more important that backsliders such as our 'ding' must be ignored. Him and others like him have had a negative effect on people of faith who have been always been suspicious of the truth as presented by their bibles.

This thread is meant to encourage those who have begun to backslide, but still haven't been lost to the lies of the halfway believers.

We're already had one true believer comment that the Mt. St.Helens eruption was a demonstration of how the Grand Canyon was created in a very short period of time, and thus is evidence that it was created by the god's or the Noah's flood.

Further proof can be found at: answersingenesis.org

You appear to hold the ignorant perspective that Christians believe God wrote the bible. It's a common canard used by folks like you, who have a lot of bigotries towards others.
No, I know that the god didn't write the bible. But those who haven't backslid on their faith also know that it is the liberal word of god.

Are you a believer or are you just a halfway believer when it's convenient for you?
What is it in your bible that you are claiming are lies?

No, I know that the god didn't write the bible. But those who haven't backslid on their faith also know that it is the liberal word of god.

Are you a believer or are you just a halfway believer when it's convenient for you?

No one besides you (and probably a few of your fellow backwards bigots) believes the bible is the literal word of God.

If it were only that simple. I think there is more than one reason why people turn from religion. Religious fanatics may be one. True atheism is another. There are those who see others getting something from their religion while they do not. There are those who determine they do not need to follow a religion, they can do well enough on their own. I know one person who has a strong belief in God, likes his congregation, but religious rites bore him to tears.
Welcome to the conversation Meri!

You are a self-proclaimed backslider who doesn't believe in your bibles. That needs to be stated clearly so that no true christian believers will be deceived by your claims.

This topic is meant for the strong of faith and those of your ilk who question the word of god aren't welcome. Haven't you and your friends done enough harm already?

To a believer atheism does not look attractive in any way. If you are religious and are living a comfortable life and your family is safe and healthy it is easy to believe God is good and watching over you. People who have endured tragedy or encountered the seeming indifference of God to suffering that slip out of the Christian camp in the middle of the night. Why worship a God that visits us with such suffering and loss? I myself was furious with God for the cruel lingering death of my mom. It's far easier to just be an atheist rather than walking around wanting to punch God right in the face.

No one besides you (and probably a few of your fellow backwards bigots) believes the bible is the literal word of God.
Real christians don't question their bibles as the literal word of god. If you don't believe then your just a christian when it's convenient for you.

As to your suggestion of what I believe, that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. If you weren't so blinded by your hate you would already know that I'm an atheist who doesn't believe in any of the christian crap.

I advocate for those who are the real true believers, not conditional believers of your ilk.

Forum List

Back