The NEWEST Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

[ As soon as the Ottomans started selling land in the 1950s, Jews and others bought land. Land in Gaza was stolen once Jews were expelled. In TransJordan, Judea and Samaria once Jews were expelled from there as well]

"Jews forced Arabs to leave their land (in 1948)!" I hear this often on X.

BUT I never hear an explanation of how 150,000 Arabs CHOSE to stay in Israel if they were "forced" to flee.

That Fact is completely Ignored by the Pro-"Palestine" crowd.

150,000 Arabs "Chose" to stay? The Safe choice was to leave Israel. I would do the same with 5 Arab Armies descending and promising to Kill everybody,.

I suspect far more than 150,000 Chose to leave. Though many were forced to leave as well.

The real question is not why Arabs fled but why so many Arabs chose to stay in 1948?

In this video, Arab-Israeli Joseph Haddad discusses his Arab family that stayed in 1948.

BTW - those 150,000 brave Arabs now number 2 million Arab-Israelis.

#Israel #Palestine #Gaza #Jerusalem #colonialism

The idea that there was a Palestinian people living in this land united in a prosperous and sovereign state of its own, and that suddenly some colonialist Jews came from outside and took over the place is simply not historically correct.

Jews have always lived here, this is their historical homeland and Jews have always returned here from their exile.

And just like the Palestinian refugees who want to return to their country even though many years have passed and they live in a different land, so do the Jews! Besides that the Jews were persecuted everywhere else and desperately needed a country of their own.

So the Jews are the foreigners and the Palestinians are the natives? Jews who in every prayer 3 times a day mention Jerusalem and the return to the Land of Israel? in every holiday and at every wedding for 2,000 years??

Jews who always dreamed of immigrating to the land and always immigrated to it and lived there, like Maimonides in the 12th century, Dona Grazia in the 16th century, the Ashkenazi Hasidim in the 18th century, and the Yemenite Jews in the 19th century.

And who are the Palestinians?

some locals and many more Arabs and Muslims who came following the Muslim colonial conquest in the seventh century and the control of the Umayyad House, and much later of the colonialist Turkish Empire.

Immigrants from Egypt like the Al Masri family, from the Hijaz like the Al Hijazi family, and families from Sudan and Saudi Arabia. Druze from Egypt, Armenians from Armenia, Circassians from Russia, Bedouins from the Arabian Peninsula, Bushniak and Tamimi families - white Europeans from Bosnia, and more.

A truly magnificent Palestinian people with no history, no culture, and no historical leaders except Husseini the Nazi and Arafat from today!

VERY IMPRESSIVE

But instead of destroying Israel, the Arabs were defeated, and like many others, my grandmother lost everything and became a refugee.

My mother’s mother adapted to the new reality as a refugee and worked hard to establish a new life. She refused to live the life of a beggar, depending on can’s food provided by the UN.

Unlike many refugees, the honorable widow rejected the security the refugee camps had to offer, instead, she sold her jewelry, rented a small land in the village of Birzeit, and found a job as a housekeeper.Fatima was illiterate, but none of her children remained without education. After years of hard work, she managed to buy the property she had been renting in the Christian town of Berziet near Ramallah, where I was born.

This remarkable woman never complained about the loss of her property as a result of the 1967 war, in fact, she never spoke against Israel in front of me, and she never used terms such as occupation, revenge, resistance, right of return, or liberation.

She was content, and she had the power of letting go...

When my secret life was revealed in my first book SOH back in 2010 my family shunned me except for my mother and grandmother who kept me always in their prayers regardless of the family’s shame.

My grandmother died in 2011 and I wasn’t able to attend her funeral.

This day (March 3) in 1919, Emir Feisal (Left) (Son of Hussen Ibn Ali, Sharif of #MECCA, Arab & Sunni #Muslim king) wrote US Zionist leader (later US Sup Ct Justice) Felix Frankfurter (Right) after Paris Peace Conference re formation of a Jewish State:"

I want to take this opportunity of my first contact with American Zionists to tell you what I have often been able to say to [President of the World Zionist Organization] Dr. [Chaim] Weizmann in #Arabia & #Europe.

We feel that the Arabs & Jews are cousins in having suffered similar oppressions at the hands of powers stronger than themselves, & by a happy coincidence have been able to take the first step towards the attainment of their national ideals together.

The Arabs, especially the educated among us, look with the deepest sympathy on the Zionist movement. Our deputation here in #Paris is fully acquainted with the proposals submitted yesterday by the Zionist Organisation to the #Peace Conference, & we regard them as moderate & proper. We will do our best, in so far as we are concerned, to help them through: we will wish the Jews a most hearty welcome home.

With the chiefs of your movement, especially with Dr. Weizmann, we have had & continue to have the closest relations. He has been a great helper of our cause, & I hope the Arabs may soon be in a position to make the Jews some return for their kindness.

We are working together for a reformed and revived Near East, and our two movements complete one another. The Jewish movement is national and not imperialist. Our movement is national and not imperialist, and there is room in Syria for us both. Indeed I think that neither can be a real success without the other.

People less informed and less responsible than our leaders and yours, ignoring the need for cooperation of the Arabs & #Zionists, have been trying to exploit the local difficulties that must necessarily arise in Palestine in the early stages of our movements.

Some of them have, I am afraid, misrepresented your aims to the Arab peasantry, & our aims to the Jewish peasantry, with the result that interested parties have been able to make capital out of what they call our differences.

I wish to give you my firm conviction that these differences are not on questions of principle, but on matters of detail such as must inevitably occur in every contact of neighbouring peoples, & as are easily adjusted by mutual good will. Indeed nearly all of them will disappear with fuller knowledge.

I look forward, & my people with me look forward, to a future in which we will help you & you will help us, so that the countries in which we are mutually interested may once again take their places in the community of civilised peoples of the world.

Believe me, Yours sincerely,

(Sgd.) Feisal

"Two days later (March 5, 1919), Frankfurter responded as follows:

"Royal Highness, Allow me, on behalf of the Zionist Organization, to acknowledge your recent letter with deep appreciation.

Those of us who come from the #UnitedStates have already been gratified by the friendly relations & the active cooperation maintained between you & the Zionist leaders, particularly Dr. Weizmann. We knew it could not be otherwise; we knew that the aspirations of the Arab and the Jewish peoples were parallel, that each aspired to re-establish its nationality in its own #homeland, each making its own distinctive contribution to civilization, each seeking its own #peaceful mode of life.

The Zionist leaders & the Jewish people for whom they speak have watched with satisfaction the spiritual vigor of the Arab movement. Themselves seekingjustice, they are anxious that the just national aims of the Arab people be confirmed & safeguarded by the Peace Conference.

We knew from your acts & your past utterances that the Zionist movement -- in other words the national aim of the Jewish people -- had your support and the support of the Arab people for whom you speak.

These aims are now before the Peace Conference as definite proposals by the #Zionist Organization. We are happy indeed that you consider these proposals “moderate and proper,” and that we have in you a staunch supporter for their realization.

For both the #Arab & the #Jewish peoples there are difficulties ahead -- difficulties that challenge the united statesmanship of Arab & Jewish leaders. For it is no easy task to rebuild two great civilizations that have been suffering oppression & misrule for centuries.

We each have our difficulties we shall work out as friends, friends who are animated by similar purposes, seeking a free & full development for the two neighboring peoples. The #Arabs & #Jews are neighbors in territory; we cannot but live side by side as friends.Very respectfully,

(Sgd.) Felix Frankfurter"

"On April 9, 1948, forces of the Etzel and Lehi Jewish underground military organizations attacked the Arab village of Deir Yassin west of Jerusalem. The nature of this attack became one of the most controversial issues in the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict. Professor Eliezer Tauber’s serious and in-depth research sheds light on this event, as we discover what really happened at Deir Yassin.In The Massacre That Never Was, a work of engrossing narrative and exhaustive research, Professor Eliezer Tauber proves that no massacre of Palestinians took place in the village of Deir Yassin in 1948, exploding a myth that has been the cornerstone of the Palestinian narrative for seven decades. Reconstructing a fierce ten-hour battle through a meticulous analysis of Arab and Jewish testimony and documents from 1948 that are still closed to the public, Professor Tauber persuasively demonstrates that the massacre narrative was a myth intentionally invented by the Arab leadership of 1948 Jerusalem. Furthermore, the subsequent false rumors surrounding the event exacerbated the mass exodus of Arabs from Palestine, thus creating the refugee crisis and fueling propaganda against Israel, which has shaped the world’s understanding of the affair to this day. A timely work of historical reappraisal, The Massacre That Never Was will have a major impact on how we understand Israeli and Palestinian history."

Amazon product

Forum List

Back