For True Believers in Their Bibles Being the Literal Word of God.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020
There's no reason why all Christians shouldn't possess faith enough to allow them to believe that their bibles are the literal and truthful word of their god. To do anything less is to backslide and commit the greatest of sins.

As an example, The Noah's ark story can be reconciled with modern science in several ways. One of which is that the god shrunk all the animals to 1 thousandth size in order to fit them all into the confines of his boat.

Or, the Grand Canyon is proof of the biblical flood and is even claimed to be so at the site.

The Christian god can do anything and everything. It's time for Christians to stop backsliding and come back to relying on their faith. If they don't then they are selling the farm to non-believers.

Fwiw, I am a believer in the truth, no matter where it leads.
To hell or to heaven, I make no excuses for my commitment to facts and reality.

Where is that 40% of Americans who commit to believing creation and rejecting Darwininan evolution? Do they really believe or do they only believe on conditions that can keep them in a comfort zone?

Last edited:
There's no reason why all Christians shouldn't possess faith enough to allow them to believe that their bibles are the literal and truthful word of their god. To do anything less is to backslide and commit the greatest of sins.

As an example, The Noah's ark story can be reconciled with modern science in several ways. One of which is that the god shrunk all the animals to 1 thousandth size in order to fit them all into the confines of his boat.

Or, the Grand Canyon is proof of the biblical flood and is even claimed to be so at the site.

The Christian god can do anything and everything. It's time for Christians to stop backsliding and come back to relying on their faith. If they don't then they are selling the farm to non-believers.

Where is that 40% of Americans who commit to believing creation and rejecting Darwininan evolution? Do they really believe or do they only believe on conditions that can make them feel comfortable?
Literal Spiritual or Literal Natural?
Your post exists in a vacuum without context.

Where is that 40% of Americans who commit to believing creation and rejecting Darwininan evolution? Do they really believe or do they only believe on conditions that can make them feel comfortable?
Literal Spiritual or Literal Natural?
Your post exists in a vacuum without context.
Literal spiritual or literal natural is your choice. But be forewarned that if you claim a 'spirit' you will be asked to provide evidence of such a thing.

'Literally in the 'natural' sense is the challenge to all Christians, even those who never did believe in their bibles.

I believe in The Word of God completely.

After all, Jesus is The Word of God so if you don't believe The Bible, are you really saved?
Then you're one of the christians I've been looking for. I side with you because it's the only way forward for any christian, but I still oppose you on the beliefs.

I can't personally reconcile any of what I know from the teaching of modern science, with some interpretation of what I consider the 'creation' myth.

If you feel challenged to exaplain your beliefs then please do.

Those answers can be found in Discipleship class. I took the class two years, it covered the KJV from start to finish and covered Apologetics and Hermeneutics. The class starts you at the age of 14 . All others I suggest a good seminary school. Some churches teach the class on grounds. Baptist Independent, Missionary, Evangelical . Church where I took my class.

Worrying about the literal truth of the bible is like being lost in the woods. You can't see the truth for the trees.
'Not' worrying about the truth in the bible is backsliding on your lord. HE has proclaimed that he won't be tolerant of those who have lost faith in that way.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Where is that 40% of Americans who commit to believing creation and rejecting Darwininan evolution? Do they really believe or do they only believe on conditions that can keep them in a comfort zone?

1620078500404.png

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Those answers can be found in Discipleship class. I took the class two years, it covered the KJV from start to finish and covered Apologetics and Hermeneutics. The class starts you at the age of 14 . All others I suggest a good seminary school. Some churches teach the class on grounds. Baptist Independent, Missionary, Evangelical . Church where I took my class.
What answers are you talking about? You seem to be suggesting you've learned of ways to believe in both modern science and the bible at the same time?

Can you answer concerning the evolution/creation question?
Is there an answer or can evolution just be rejected in it's entirety?

Those who have real strength and commitment in their beliefs are the ones who are invited to comment here on this topic. Do you have some answers that can prove a christian doesn't have to be a weak backslider?

View attachment 486753
It's tempting for some of you to mock christians, but this thread is not for that purpose. Any of the other threads in the religion section can serve that purpose.

Worrying about the literal truth of the bible is like being lost in the woods. You can't see the truth for the trees.
'Not' worrying about the truth in the bible is backsliding on your lord. HE has proclaimed that he won't be tolerant of those who have lost faith in that way.
Not here to preach at you and I am not going to ridicule your faith. I am just thinking of a certain person I know who claims to believe in the literal truth of the bible and somehow still acts like a total asshole. Are you like that? So preoccupied with being an obedient Christian solider that you forget that we are supposed to be good to others?

View attachment 486753
It's tempting for some of you to mock christians, but this thread is not for that purpose. Any of the other threads in the religion section can serve that purpose.
Maybe you can use your extensive experience in the Word of God to answer what "ALL THINGS" means in Romans 11:36 - try using scripture to back it up.

View attachment 486753
Maybe you can use your extensive experience in the Word of God to answer what "ALL THINGS" means in Romans 11:36 - try using scripture to back it up.
Try reading all of Romans 11, dummy.

Militant atheists arguing for a literal reading of the bible. smh.
You're welcome to contribute to this discussion if you have some to say. Can you stop being a backslider and demonstrate you still have faith in your bible?

View attachment 486753
Try reading all of Romans 11, dummy.
I know it well, but this is your chance to shine, and tell us what "ALL THINGS" means.

Militant atheists arguing for a literal reading of the bible. smh.
You're welcome to contribute to this discussion if you have some to say. Can you stop being a backslider and demonstrate you still have faith in your bible?
Correcting your straw men arguments is a full time job better suited for the bull ring. Make a thread there and call me out there. Or you can puss out.

Forum List

Back