For True Believers in Their Bibles Being the Literal Word of God.

being gives no thanks ... surly shakespeare said that somewhere.

- to be or not to be ... that is the question.

There's no reason why all Christians shouldn't possess faith enough to allow them to believe that their bibles are the literal and truthful word of their god. To do anything less is to backslide and commit the greatest of sins.

As an example, The Noah's ark story can be reconciled with modern science in several ways. One of which is that the god shrunk all the animals to 1 thousandth size in order to fit them all into the confines of his boat.

Or, the Grand Canyon is proof of the biblical flood and is even claimed to be so at the site.

The Christian god can do anything and everything. It's time for Christians to stop backsliding and come back to relying on their faith. If they don't then they are selling the farm to non-believers.

Fwiw, I am a believer in the truth, no matter where it leads.
To hell or to heaven, I make no excuses for my commitment to facts and reality.

Where is that 40% of Americans who commit to believing creation and rejecting Darwininan evolution? Do they really believe or do they only believe on conditions that can make them feel comfortable?
Literal Spiritual or Literal Natural?
Your post exists in a vacuum without context.

For anyone that accepts the Holy Scriptures as the "word of God"........one must accept the "SUPER (superior) NATURAL (to nature) as truth. Its called the SUPERNATURAL for a reason.......the natural has no method to quantify (or measure) that which is superior to nature.....aka, the supernatural. There is no supernatural-0-meter. One can no more prove (through the natural laws of physics....nature the existence of the supernatural any more than the secular can disprove that which they are incapable of quantifying, the supernatural, as any total cannot be superior to that from which it was substracted.

The very reason that LOVE, LIFE and DEATH cannot be subject to definition by NATURE. Anyone define LOVE in the quantifiable terms of physics, DEFINE BIOGENESIS (life begets preexisting life) in quantifiable (measurable to factual conclusion (no theory, no hypothesis......as both are not demonstrable measurable facts of science/physics). For any law to exist there has to be a LAW GIVER. Nature cannot explain its own origins in factual terms........creation/life cannot explain its origins in factual terms.......and LOVE? What is LOVE.......love is a SPIRITUAL HAPPENING, unexplainable.....only accepted or rejected. Why? Because its generated through FREE WILL.

Last edited:
Those answers can be found in Discipleship class. I took the class two years, it covered the KJV from start to finish and covered Apologetics and Hermeneutics. The class starts you at the age of 14 . All others I suggest a good seminary school. Some churches teach the class on grounds. Baptist Independent, Missionary, Evangelical . Church where I took my class.
Independent Baptist would not consider science.

For anyone that accepts the Holy Scriptures as the "word of God"........one must accept the "SUPER (superior) NATURAL (to nature) as truth. Its called the SUPERNATURAL for a reason.......the natural has no method to quantify (or measure) that which is superior to nature.....aka, the supernatural.
I dispute that and here's a good explanation why.

There is no supernatural-0-meter. One can no more prove (through the natural laws of physics....nature the existence of the supernatural any more than the secular can disprove that which they are incapable of quantifying, the supernatural, as any total cannot be superior to that from which it was substracted.

The very reason that LOVE, LIFE and DEATH cannot be subject to definition by NATURE. Anyone define LOVE in the quantifiable terms of physics, DEFINE BIOGENESIS (life begets preexisting life) in quantifiable (measurable to factual conclusion (no theory, no hypothesis......as both are not demonstrable measurable facts of science/physics). For any law to exist there has to be a LAW GIVER.
if its a natural law you dream of, that's not true.
thats why its called a natural law. Nothing else involved.
Nature cannot explain its own origins in factual terms........creation/life cannot explain its origins in factual terms.......and LOVE? What is LOVE.......love is a SPIRITUAL HAPPENING,
it is not and you cannot prove that. There's no silly spirits involved. That's ridiculous.
unexplainable.....only accepted or rejected. Why? Because its generated through FREE WILL.
There's a lot more to it than that comrade.

I grew up going to an Independent Baptist Church. The schools they support do teach science I found it not much different than public schools. The word Theory may be used a lot more. ;) :D
Good.

Where is that 40% of Americans who commit to believing creation and rejecting Darwininan evolution? Do they really believe or do they only believe on conditions that can keep them in a comfort zone?
a lot of people do t his

they believe what they want to believe... In fact, we all do it... but some of us realize we are doing it and try to snap out of such

Forum List

Back