Food stamps or junk food stamps?

Narcotics aside (such as mushrooms and pot brownies), I'm still waiting for someone to provide me with an example of a law that restricts what I am allowed to eat.

There are thousands of laws that affect what you eat if you take into consideration the regulations that the food industry has to abide by.

Yes, but theoretically if I wanted to farm my own food most of those wouldn't apply.

The point being, regulating commerce isn't the same thing as regulating what people are legally allowed to eat... which was the clear implication of the OP.

Narcotics aside (such as mushrooms and pot brownies), I'm still waiting for someone to provide me with an example of a law that restricts what I am allowed to eat.

There are thousands of laws that affect what you eat if you take into consideration the regulations that the food industry has to abide by.

Yes, but theoretically if I wanted to farm my own food most of those wouldn't apply.

The point being, regulating commerce isn't the same thing as regulating what people are legally allowed to eat... which was the clear implication of the OP.

Wrong.

I was not saying they cant eat what they want. If they want something specific they can buy it with cash.

I am asking what food stamps should allow to be purchased and if restrictions should used on them. That has nothing to do with regulating what people can legally eat.

Wrong.

I was not saying they cant eat what they want. If they want something specific they can buy it with cash.

I am asking what food stamps should allow to be purchased and if restrictions should used on them. That has nothing to do with regulating what people can legally eat.

And the answer is anything that is considered a food product. Beyond on that, I'm not digging through their shopping cart. It really isn't that big of deal.

Wrong.

And the answer is anything that is considered a food product. Beyond on that, I'm not digging through their shopping cart. It really isn't that big of deal.

Good for you. I however think it is a big deal.

Wrong.

You have every right to be wrong. A right you take advantage of quite often I might add.

Wrong.

It is a big deal when it involves our taxpaing dollars. It is a big deal when our tax paying dollars goes to pay for the medical and dental bills that eventually comes from an idiotic diet. It is a big deal when these people are using our taxpaying dollars to feed their kids a steady diet of unhealthy crap. It is a big deal when our taxpaying dollars are being used to supplement bad parenting.......As i've said in both related threads. If people are buying this crap on their own dollar, and they are providing their own healthcare, then that is their business. When they are collecting off the public dole, are provided healthcare by taxpaying citizens, then it IS my business.

small gov conservative want to dig through your basket. I say cut the military budget by multiple billions and about 40% then I'll consider some social cuts. Until then you baby killers can shut the fuck up.

Wrong.

From your OP...

Considering that the government is now telling us what we can and cant eat...

I win the internets today!!!!
bunnydance.gif

It is a big deal when it involves our taxpaing dollars. It is a big deal when our tax paying dollars goes to pay for the medical and dental bills that eventually comes from an idiotic diet. It is a big deal when these people are using our taxpaying dollars to feed their kids a steady diet of unhealthy crap. It is a big deal when our taxpaying dollars are being used to supplement bad parenting.......As i've said in both related threads. If people are buying this crap on their own dollar, and they are providing their own healthcare, then that is their business. When they are collecting off the public dole, are provided healthcare by taxpaying citizens, then it IS my business.

ANd again, you are assuming that all SNAP users are lazy good for nothing assholes who make wrong choices. That's just not true.

Do you realize that a family of four can earn up to $41K a year and still qualify for SNAP benefits? Now what if this family of four has two working adults and two children. They are paying their own mortgage, their own car payment, their own health care insurance, but don't have enough money to eat and they qualify so they sign up for SNAP. Now let's further assume that they don't smoke, they don't drink , and they prepare well balanced meals. Are you saying that that those people should not have the occasional snack simply b/c through no fault of theirs some people are abusing the system?

Who uses food stamps?

small gov conservative want to dig through your basket. I say cut the military budget by multiple billions and about 40% then I'll consider some social cuts. Until then you baby killers can shut the fuck up.

you know what? fuck you and your anti military bullshit. You get negs from now on, every time I see your stupid name pop up. Asshole.

you know what? fuck you and your anti military bullshit. You get negs from now on, every time I see your stupid name pop up. Asshole.

Oh shit baby killer narc, I might lose a nano second of sleep. History major. LOFL

Oh shit baby killer narc, I might lose a nano second of sleep. History major. LOFL

Obvioiusly you will, that's why you responded with this

topspin said:
Hi, you have received -7 reputation points from topspin.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
baby killer, redneck

Regards,
topspin

Note: This is an automated message.

Within 30 second of receiving mine. And ouch did that -7 hurt. I'm sorry for calling you out for being anti military. Not.

You have every right to be wrong. A right you take advantage of quite often I might add.

Just as you are wrong. A point that everyone sees quite clearly.

Wrong.

From your OP...

bunnydance.gif

sorry mani... but taking soda out of vending machines IS the government telling us what we can and cant eat.

I'm anti redneck moron like you baby killer.

Just as you are wrong. A point that everyone sees quite clearly.

Oh, quite wrong again my dear. Even among conservatives you are coming across as a royal bitch here. In fact this thread should be retitled as "Syrenn shows her true colors"

ANd again, you are assuming that all SNAP users are lazy good for nothing assholes who make wrong choices. That's just not true.

Do you realize that a family of four can earn up to $41K a year and still qualify for SNAP benefits? Now what if this family of four has two working adults and two children. They are paying their own mortgage, their own car payment, their own health care insurance, but don't have enough money to eat and they qualify so they sign up for SNAP. Now let's further assume that they don't smoke, they don't drink , and they prepare well balanced meals. Are you saying that that those people should not have the occasional snack simply b/c through no fault of theirs some people are abusing the system?

Who uses food stamps?
I don't have a problem with them occasionally buying a snack. AS I'VE ALREADY STATED. Don't even try to put words in my mouth. I have a problem if that is all they are buying. I have a problem when their lousy diet ends up with my taxpaying dollars going to pay for their medical and dental bills. Don't sit there on your high horse and try to accuse me of assuming anything. Fact of the matter is, there is abuse of the system going on. There are many who are spending that money irresponsibly, and we the taxpayers end up footing the bill for their irresponsibility.....That pisses me off.

Wrong.

From your OP...

bunnydance.gif

sorry mani... but taking soda out of vending machines IS the government telling us what we can and cant eat.

No it isn't.

Fail!

Forum List

Back