Food stamps or junk food stamps?

Bologna and hot dogs are crap. They can buy raw chicken when it's on sale for $1.99/lb and cook it themselves. Better food, better nutrition.

Why do they hand out cash anyway? If a family gets say $300/month in food stamps, why don't they have something like $75 voucher for meat/seafood; $75 for dairy/eggs; $75 for fruits/veggies, etc. and list what is included as "meat" or "dairy" or "fruit/veggies". (I'm just randomly throwing out numbers here)

I used to work check out at a grocery store and I remember that WIC folks could only buy certain items with their 'WIC' cash/card. That's changed I take it?

1.99 a pound is still about 3x as expensive as a pound of hot dogs. That means something to people who have multiple mouths to feed.

Hot dogs aren't considered unhealthy junk to you?

If she's buying 60 cent a pound hot dogs, they are most definately junk. I don't buy anything but all beef ball barks and don't think anyone else should settle for garbage simply b/c they are on food stamps.

And there has never been any definitive evidence that diet alone causes arterosclerosis:

"
Clogged arteries begin with an injury to the inside of the artery wall. Blood cells congregate at the site, in an attempt to repair the injury, which leads to the artery becoming inflamed, says the Mayo Clinic. Then fatty deposits accumulate and harden, narrowing the artery".

"
Causes
•Some of the causes of injury to the artery include high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diseases such as diabetes, and nicotine, which irritates the artery.
Risk Factors
•Two other factors that increase the risk of clogged arteries are obesity and a history of heart disease in the family. "

Read more: What Are the Causes of Clogged Arteries? | eHow.com What Are the Causes of Clogged Arteries? | eHow.com

Funny, I don't see any mention of vegetable oil or the 1940s advent of this disease.

How interesting.

And regarding clogged arteries...they weren't identified before the 40s because there was no such thing as open heart surgery or many of the diagnostic capabilities we developed in the second half of the 20th century. So no, nobody "saw" clogged arteries. Just as nobody "saw" viruses prior to the 20th century.

and because there was no prevalance of heart disease, obesity and diabetes that has become epidemic since vegetable oils became the mainstay of our food supply.

Think about it: We have been exposed to milk fat, eggs, meat for ever.

Nobody ever was exposed to vegetable oil until the rationing in WWII spawned the introduction of a margarine substitute. There was olive oil. A fruit, not a veggie.

Vegetable oil no more existed before the epidemic of diabetes, heart disease and obesity than did television.

Our bodies are no more prepared to digest them than Eskimos are to digest alcohol.

And there has never been any definitive evidence that diet alone causes arterosclerosis:

"
Clogged arteries begin with an injury to the inside of the artery wall. Blood cells congregate at the site, in an attempt to repair the injury, which leads to the artery becoming inflamed, says the Mayo Clinic. Then fatty deposits accumulate and harden, narrowing the artery".

"
Causes
•Some of the causes of injury to the artery include high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diseases such as diabetes, and nicotine, which irritates the artery.
Risk Factors
•Two other factors that increase the risk of clogged arteries are obesity and a history of heart disease in the family. "

Read more: What Are the Causes of Clogged Arteries? | eHow.com What Are the Causes of Clogged Arteries? | eHow.com

Funny, I don't see any mention of vegetable oil or the 1940s advent of this disease.

How interesting.

No doubt. The world has been secreting away the underlying evil that is a world food strategy based on corn and soy since it's inception.

You won't ever hear the truth unless you know where to look. But once you know where to look the evidence is completely overwhelming.

Has anybody here even noticed the epidemic of obesity, heart disease and diabetes?

Coincidence?

Bueller?

Crickets?

1.99 a pound is still about 3x as expensive as a pound of hot dogs. That means something to people who have multiple mouths to feed.

Hot dogs aren't considered unhealthy junk to you?

If she's buying 60 cent a pound hot dogs, they are most definately junk. I don't buy anything but all beef ball barks and don't think anyone else should settle for garbage simply b/c they are on food stamps.

That's just it, no one is implying that they should settle for anything. They should be buying the ball parks.

Last edited:
Narcotics aside (such as mushrooms and pot brownies), I'm still waiting for someone to provide me with an example of a law that restricts what I am allowed to eat.

wic restrists what one can buy with their program

*smacks you upside the head for the sheer joy of it*

So again I ask, what law specifically restricts what I am allowed to EAT?

*smacks you upside the head reluctantly*

and their are a lot of rules about what you can and cannot eat...sometimes you are dumber than dirt...

try to buy unpasterized milk...go on....be a hard core criminal

You do of course realize that it is NOT illegal to buy milk directly from the dairy farmer in some states don't you?

In fact in SOME states, it is legal to sell raw milk in retail stores even.

An Overview of U.S. State Milk Laws, Page 1, Introduction and Alabama through Georgia

Arkansas isn't one of them though, so guess I've broke that law in the past.

and their are a lot of rules about what you can and cannot eat...sometimes you are dumber than dirt...

Then it shouldn't be hard to name one. :eusa_whistle:

I did you knuckle head and you neged me for showing it to you!

Fail.

You showed me a law about what cannot be SOLD in vending machines.

The next person that sites any law that restricts what I am allowed to EAT (narcotics notwithstanding) will be the first.

Then it shouldn't be hard to name one. :eusa_whistle:

Fail.

The next person that sites any law that restricts what I am allowed to EAT (narcotics notwithstanding) will be the first.

Ortolan

Look it up, it is illegal to eat this bird in the United States. Not just frowned upon, but illegal.

Fail.

Ortolan

Look it up, it is illegal to eat this bird in the United States. Not just frowned upon, but illegal.

You may have him there! :lol:

Fail.

Ortolan

I stand corrected :lol:

An endangered species, not even indiginous to the US, cannot be imported or eaten.

Oh the horror! Damn that big brother and all his authoritarian rules! :lol:

I guess we can add Tiger balls to the list too. :rofl:

Thanks for proving my point while simultaneously proving me "technically" incorrect. :thup:

Forum List

Back